Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 12:52:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Little Tornado that Couldn't || GMC jam #8 submission
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Little Tornado that Couldn't || GMC jam #8 submission  (Read 3112 times)
TheSnidr
Level 1

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:10:11 AM »

The little tornado that couldn't
The epic story of a friendly and clumsy little tornado

Download jam version
Post-jam version with various bugfixes
Play as Tony, a friendly tornado who tries to befriend everything he meets. There's a problem, though...
He's a tornado, and sucks them up! Control him with the WASD keys, jump with space, and shoot objects by
pressing and releasing the left mouse button. You can cycle through the friends you've picked up and
want to throw with the mouse scroll button. =)

By Lolligirl and TheSnidr

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/118/utennavnwa.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img6/4020/tornadol.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7889/tornadoi.jpg

The whole game was made within 72 hours, for the 8th GMC jam. Please play it and tell us what you think!
TheSnidr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 12:55:46 AM »

Not very talkative, are we? Tongue

Just for the sake of showing the world what we made I uploaded a playthrough video to youtube. The game lasts about five minutes:

Spring Missile
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 10:57:52 AM »

Ahahaha that game is awesome and is plenty funny too Smiley I personally don't use tools like GameMaker, I like learning actual programming languages but this is actually a great game, especially when made in 72 hours! Good job  My Word!

Jcup
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 07:59:51 PM »

Fantastic idea! Everything works, I'll admit before I saw the video I was set back by the graphics, but the animation for the tornado pulled me right back into it. The story was shallow but I still cared for the bee as it died  Cry

I worked with game maker in the past and this is really good for game maker, and even better for 72 hours.
Katie
Level 0

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 05:37:13 AM »

Thank you for the feedback! (This is Lolligirl, the co-creator.) We're thinking of making a mobile version with fleshed-out levels and more content. Smiley

Avgudar
Level 0

AVGUDAR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 09:53:09 AM »

The graphics could need some...less ms paint. It seems to run very smoothly, though. Wink
I like the parallax effects, the smooth slopes and the way the face bobs.
Are those pyramids you pick up or little taco crackers like in cave story?

Avgudar avgudar gudar
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic