Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 07:00:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsFLOG [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: FLOG [FINISHED]  (Read 16612 times)
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 09:47:41 AM »

I'm on a Mac. On Firefox, buttons grow invisible for some reason, but it's still playable once I figured out this fact. Possibly related to this error?

Code:
[14:38:41.686] IndexSizeError: Index or size is negative or greater than the allowed amount @ http://www.flog-game.com/game.min.js:51

Even balls went invisible at times... Gets frustrating, but I endured a few levels. Smiley

On Safari it never finished loading, so I checked the error console:

Code:
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/button.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/arrowBoost.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/smallBounce.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/bigBounce.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/mediumBounce.*

At any rate, this is super entertaining, and I like the twist on minigolf you have here. Good job!

edit: Forgot to mention; aesthetically brings me back to Kirby's Golf Course and the like, cool stuff!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:32:14 AM by agj » Logged

louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 11:21:15 AM »

I'm on a Mac. On Firefox, buttons grow invisible for some reason, but it's still playable once I figured out this fact. Possibly related to this error?

Code:
[14:38:41.686] IndexSizeError: Index or size is negative or greater than the allowed amount @ http://www.flog-game.com/game.min.js:51

Even balls went invisible at times... Gets frustrating, but I endured a few levels. Smiley

On Safari it never finished loading, so I checked the error console:

Code:
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/button.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/arrowBoost.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/smallBounce.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/bigBounce.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/mediumBounce.*

At any rate, this is super entertaining, and I like the twist on minigolf you have here. Good job!

edit: Forgot to mention; aesthetically brings me back to Kirby's Golf Course and the like, cool stuff!

Yup, I had the same problems in Firefox myself. Now that I know it's not just me, I'll look into it soon. Thanks for the actual error log! Useful.

Glad you like it; I'm elated that someone mentioned Kirby's Dream Course, because it was my original inspiration! It's also a very under appreciated game.  Beer!

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »

Yeah, FLOG is kind of like that crossed with Chu Chu Rocket maybe? Haha.

Played some more, level 12 has me stumped; those crazy portals!

edit: Just realized that I called the game 'Golf Course' in my previous post, why'd I do that.

louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 02:22:54 PM »

Fixed the Firefox-related issues. Still trying to figure out why the keyboard controls aren't registering on Kongregate.

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 04:22:56 PM »

Sweet, cleared all the levels!

It's a solid game with some well-thought-out puzzles.  15 had me stuck for a while.
And the title screen progression is very clever.
Good stuff!
louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 05:38:13 PM »

Sweet, cleared all the levels!

It's a solid game with some well-thought-out puzzles.  15 had me stuck for a while.
And the title screen progression is very clever.
Good stuff!

Thanks! Smiley Any idea how long it took to complete?

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 05:44:15 PM »

The game as a whole?  I'm not sure... maybe an hour?
louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 05:52:43 PM »

Yeah I'm just trying to get a feel for how long the puzzles take -- it's really hard for me to know since I know the solutions. Thanks!

Next time I'll include some statistics logging so I can see how people solve puzzles and adapt as I go.

Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 01:15:44 AM »

I love this! I got to level 5 or 6 and then Chrome crashed, might have been something else that did it (Sugar Loco Wrestling was loading too). I really liked the idea and the small details. The song and victory jingle are fantastic! I'll try it out again later  Smiley

louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 01:49:09 AM »

I love this! I got to level 5 or 6 and then Chrome crashed, might have been something else that did it (Sugar Loco Wrestling was loading too). I really liked the idea and the small details. The song and victory jingle are fantastic! I'll try it out again later  Smiley

Thanks -- I haven't heard about any crash bugs (yet) so hopefully it was a fluke. The victory jingle and title screen music came from a royalty-free song pack from Garry J Lee and the rest of the tunes are by Russian programmer/musician/gentleman extraodrinaire, Shiru.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2012, 08:33:54 AM »

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Loved every minute of the hour and half it took to complete. Great work. One bug I did notice was that on level 15 I thought I had it all set up correctly but when I pressed putt it failed. I reset and putted again without changing anything and it worked. This is a good shoot for a top 3 place. Good stuff Hand Thumbs Up Left

louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2012, 11:57:44 AM »

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Loved every minute of the hour and half it took to complete. Great work. One bug I did notice was that on level 15 I thought I had it all set up correctly but when I pressed putt it failed. I reset and putted again without changing anything and it worked. This is a good shoot for a top 3 place. Good stuff Hand Thumbs Up Left

Epic thanks!

Yup. My biggest problem was being unable to guarantee completely deterministic behavior. I'm using Box2D with ImpactJS and I'm guessing it has something to do with elements not being updated in exactly the same order each time. It's something I'll definitely delve into if I decide to make a sequel or an "extended" version for iPhone/Android.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic