Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:26:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOperation Fallin Angle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Operation Fallin Angle  (Read 19066 times)
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 05:50:44 AM »

You know a forum's gone to shit when you get a whole page of replies and there's only one remotely useful one in the whole lot and the OP was so upset they deleted their post.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 06:10:09 AM »

Haowan has a point. Just because someone doesn't have very good grammar/spelling, and is perhaps overambitious with their game development ideas, doesn't mean we have to just poke fun at him until he leaves. I mean, weren't we all like that once? I know I was. I planned to make an epic total conversion of HL2 where all the guns were replaced by magics, the game layout was like Zelda, and there was going to be a basilisk boss that would kill you if you looked at it, so you had to shoot it with bouncy bullets.

Now, I didn't ever actually go on forums back then, but if I had, and people had given me good advice like Farbs instead of crapping on me, then maybe I would have worked my way up from Pong and Pac-man clones and you would all be playing HL2-Zelda right now.

I'm all for making fun of dickheads who come here to pimp their games or just troll. But this guy was neither. And I don't claim that I've never done this to anyone myself, either, but that's why I feel guilty about it now even though I didn't post in this thread at all.

Someone pointed out that anonymity makes normal people into dickheads. They were talking about trolls who aren't afraid to be rude because nobody knows them. But it works in the other direction, too - it's much easier to pick on people when they're anonymous to you. The style of this guy's posts makes it seem like he won't be around here for very long, so he's an easy target. But he's still a (probably teenage) person on the other end of the internet.

Sorry if this is like, preaching and stuff. I kind of didn't know when to stop typing. But I do believe what I say here.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 06:11:43 AM »

Try jumping into a crowd of people and going, "Let's build an airplane!"

I have to do this some day.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 06:14:45 AM »

The problem is that there is a strong community here with its own idiosyncrasies and that leads to cliquey behaviour, not from everyone but enough people to fuck shit up. Oh let's hook on to the monocle/gentleman thing and be part of the community and rag on anyone who doesn't get it or just turned up out of the blue! This is our spot even though we don't know who the fuck anyone else is!

george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 06:31:48 AM »

But it works in the other direction, too - it's much easier to pick on people when they're anonymous to you. The style of this guy's posts makes it seem like he won't be around here for very long, so he's an easy target. But he's still a (probably teenage) person on the other end of the internet.

really well said chutup. When I read the first post I felt sorry for the (predictable) outcome. To the forum's credit there were a couple of useful and encouraging posts. With a little digging, as someone up the thread mentioned, it wasn't too hard to find out where the OP was coming from.

On the flip side, gameguysz, obviously people are going to criticize, and really, make fun of your ideas if you make games. It's kind of a fact of life, so you either accept it, learn from it if it's good criticism, or not.

Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 06:44:01 AM »

now i feel bad....

While your idea was not the best it was not my place to make fun of it!

sorry gameguysz.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 07:44:47 AM »

Cave Story Ripoff!

and how is it a cave story i fucking made it up jack ass.
Relax. It's just an inside joke.

But yeah, like others have said, start small and work on a simple project.

Also, work on improving your grammar. I'm not trying to be condescending; people are unlikely to respond positively to your suggestions if you can't take the time to type coherent sentences. If English isn't your first language, it's usually a good idea to note that somewhere in your post.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 07:51:21 AM »

Is the original post lost forever? Am I too late?  Cry
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 08:15:50 AM »

wow sorry that i type to fast on one word <_<

Try installing a spell checker for your browser of choice, it's a fail-proof solution  Smiley

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 09:10:27 AM »

hey, you know, it's possible (though not very likely) that he totally knew what he was doing and he's gonna come out with his game and we're all going to look like idiots.  at least i hope that's what's going to happen.

Sad GOODBYE GAMEGUYSZ WE HARDLY KNEW YE Sad

medieval
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 09:38:13 AM »

Embarrassed
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »

i actually.. still have it..

forgive me..

What you our about to read will be the best game ever created and i do need help with it! Copy right to Gameguysz Inc.

Operation Fallin Angle...

Year 2450 ->

(old mid 50's voice)(Female)
Welcome to EARTH!

The war free planet since 2120, No guns not problem we hear our a kind and simple people with wind water and sun energy some might call it green energy (Static) We...Fun.. Always..

MUHAHAHA!

CRASH! (Giant ships plummeted to earth!)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Lady: RUN!

(Hard stomps from people running)

2 months later...

(Clinking of chains)

<A line of 100 people>

Captain: Greeting earth we our the followers of Him, You will not look at Him, talk to Him and above all Touch him!

(Camera pans to a 15 -> 16 year old boy and his girl friend)

Boy: My name is Michael... And this is my story.

Guard: Hay you boy! Michael: Huh?!? Guard: Who is that? Michael: My girl friend...
Guard:Hmmm She's nice i think HE will like her! Michael: NO!!! STOP! (He stands up and gets smacked back down)

Michael: I am no ordinary kid.. For if you make me mad.. I don't turn green i don't take pill's. I... I just, Just talk to her..

(Pans onto Michael's face)

Michael: But you take her away from me...

Well lets just say... I am not me any more.

(Pan's to Right of his eye with a big wide pupal to the left which shrinks to the size on a pee.)

(Evil  Cheesy laughter.)
:D
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(Heavy Breathing)
        Evil

Michael: More.... Give me, More.

Michael(Spin kick, punches)(People run away)(Crowed of guards rush in to stop the boy)

(Blade comes from Michael's arm and rushes into 3 people shooting them into the air)

The story seems OK written out but if i can get some help with the animation i can do the 40 sec's movie soon.

I also have cool moves for (Michael).

The story with Michael is this

He is a boy who gets picked on at school but holds it all in, he prays for help every night! But he didnt think that HE would show up.

I have a better story and it really seems cool i also like this one, and with the eyes i was trying to say that one eye looks normal but the other pupal is really small.

I have the pupal so if you all want to see what it looks like then ill take a picture, the pupal is the black dot in the center of your eye's.

any more questions just ask me ill answer them.

P.S. When Michael lost his girl friend he was not able to release his feelings so when the guards took his girl friend he was not happy and the FALLEN ANGLE arived...

With great power, Including a blade that shoots out the top of his arm like a spear, but all flesh and bone, a move is when he uses the spear to (like scorpion from Mortal Combat) bring the enemy over to him and just pull out his arm smoothly and just have the enemy basically be thrown at his arm with great force!

Like i said i want to be there when the game is in the making i would love some help with creating this game (I do not know allot about creating games but i am a good idea maker and i know a little bit about C++ JAVA HTML PEARL so on.)

just for the sake of archiving.. i don't like when people delete their posts.
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 12:44:16 PM »

I think we owe it to this guy to make his game. Or at least... demake it!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Corpus
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 12:45:31 PM »

Well, the classic criticisms people have always made of the TIGSource community are becoming increasingly justified.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 12:55:22 PM »

Woohoo! So, who's going to be first to make a klik and play version of this?

Beer!

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 01:05:21 PM »

It would benefit from more dolphins.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
synapse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 01:16:55 PM »

this story is too obtuse

i don't turn green...i don't take pills...
i just........
RAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 01:46:29 PM »

I think we owe it to this guy to make his game. Or at least... demake it!

Yes!

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2008, 03:49:12 PM »

You know a forum's gone to shit when you get a whole page of replies and there's only one remotely useful one in the whole lot and the OP was so upset they deleted their post.

Sorry, but I refuse to feel guilty about this.  The guy is a walking cliche and he can't even stop and be serious enough about his grand idea to share it in a coherent manner.  That is, if you believe it was real and not an attempt at trolling TIGS for shits and giggles.  Either way, if you accept and respect this kind of behavior, then this board really will go to shit.  Do you really want to see a forum full of posts like this that are treated seriously?  Because there are too many forums out there like that already.

This type of shit is really rare here, and I'm thankful for that.

There are plenty of newcomers here that share their ideas and that's all perfectly fine.  Then there are the JFizzles and gameguysz.  Sure, it's not exactly anyone's place to make fun of people, but it's not like it's "just because."  And I don't think this sort of thing happens often enough to claim that TIGS is going to shit because of it.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2008, 04:04:56 PM »

I'm definitely annoyed by how quickly TIGS has taken to crushing dreams these days. Even if this guy is a "walking cliche", he deserves to be given a chance. Most people who come onto this site are full of ideas without much of an idea of how to implement it. Maybe they came here to get help with making their dream a reality.

Most people who come here are a bit too ambitious, yes. However, if you take offense at that, try explaining it to them, instead of just being a huge dickweed. If you're so offended that you can't stand trying to help them, just suggest that they find another website to spread their ideas with.

Now, if there's one thing I hate it's gotta be elitist bastards, and it honestly sickens me to think that I might have become a part of the "elitist bastards". Everybody is willing to treat me with respect, but new members are treated like dirt. Try being respectful, guys. I mean, honestly. I'm honestly more someone to be rejected by the forums than Gameguysz, since I haven't really gone into game programming at all before.

Peace, Love, and Understanding: Thus are the keys to happiness Cry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic