Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:23:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsShadow Shooter (Platform shooter, successor to Super Mafia Dudes)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shadow Shooter (Platform shooter, successor to Super Mafia Dudes)  (Read 716 times)
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2012, 12:23:34 AM »

Right. Let's be honest here, Super Mafia Dudes was silly. Too silly.
Sure I could do whatever I wanted, but that made the game... loose, I guess is a good word.
Maybe 'random' is a little better.

Either way, I wanted a fresh start, and with a Christmas gift of GM:Studio from myself, I figure now is as good of a time as any.

(Augh, he blinked! That always happens in photos...)

At the moment, these are the only two screenshots.

However, two-player netplay is working, sans enemies syncing up. I did some death-matching with my friend to test it out.

The reason for this drastic art style change is because this is something new for me. I've done 'normal' 'pixel art' for a while now and I wanted something new. Also this new art allows me to do some things I never could easily do before. Like having the player blink and look where you're aiming.

I hope this project gets a bit better reception than Mafia Dudes, as this one's also a bit more serious too.

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 09:16:59 PM »

Got the crate replacement working.
The way it works is that every time an enemy spawns, there is a chance that the spawner will change from red (as seen on the right), to blue (as seen above the player).
In this state, it will stop spitting out enemies and when you walk up to it and press 'S' on it, it gives you a random weapon, which are currently the Pistol, Revolver, and Uzi.

I'm gonna do some reading into A* pathfinding, see if I can get it to work here.

Because at the moment, he doesn't look very impressed with the enemies.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic