Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:42:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCould you test my games and give your feedback? (iOS/Android)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Could you test my games and give your feedback? (iOS/Android)  (Read 867 times)
Panicci
Level 0

Pixel Artist & Basement Developer

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:59:46 PM »

Hello everybody!

I am a finnish indie developer managing a "oneman inide company".

I have currently 4 games in AppStore and Google Play. And i'd love if you guys could test, rate and give your feedback here and ideas what to improve n stuff. I want to make the players enjoy the games as much as possible!

Please give me your honest opinions! But please do not just bash me to the ground, also tell me how to improve and what to do better!

AHOY! Bay Bubbles

AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ahoy!-bay-bubbles!/id565103383?mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PanicArts.AhoyBayBubblesLite

AHOY! Bay Bubbles is a fast paced Arcade/Action games. You have 60 seconds to obtain as much points as you can by bursting bubbles! There are also bombs and other deadly things jumping on the screen that you have to avoid, or lose points, combo and time by touching them! Aside from the normal bubbles, there are also power ups such as Extra Time, Screen swiper, Barrel Bubble, Mega Bubble and Extra Points.

The game contains PHP/MYSQL online highscores. Can you manage to be the best bubble burster and conquer the #1 place in the online highscores?! Go try and see!

This game is made with Game Maker: Studio.

FEATURES
- Global online highscores
- Very catchy music and colorful graphics
- Put up your own game nickname
- Slick and good support via facebook and e-mail!
- Highscore table at www.panicartstudios.com

Didi's Adventure

AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/didis-adventure-free/id588187081?mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.PanicArts.DidisAdventureNormalLite

Didi's Adventure is a Maze/Adventure game with puzzle elements. Dodge your way through levels full of deadly traps and puzzles! Compete in HC Levels through global online Highscores! DR. Krank has stolen Didi's crayons, and Didi wants them back, BAD! Get ready to stomp DR. Kranks evil minions, and obtain the stolen crayons back one by one. Can you handle it?

This game has been made with Game Maker: Studio.

FEATURES
- 40 levels in 4 different areas
- 4 unique boss fights!
- Different skins to buy with coins you collect!
- Slick and good support via facebook and e-mail!
- Highscore table at www.panicartstudios.com

eXtermination

AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/extermination-free/id586095393?mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.panicartstudios.exterminationlite

eXtermination is a "Run & Gun" game where you slaughter hordes of zombies while dropping, sliding and destroying objects in your way. The game offers a cool retro video game vibe with high quality pixel art, and epic metal sluggish music. We are trying to bring back some of that good old 90s touch in a modern way!

You play as Derek Osmond, a badass caught in the middle of a zombie invasion. Your job is to guide Derek through the levels into the safe room. There are various kinds of zombies with different abilities. There are many different gadgets to interact with: sliders, buttons, switches, jump platforms, keys, gates and much more!

Gameplay:

Like in all runner games, the player moves to the right by itself. To have more control, you can unlock three basic abilities. The first one, "Stop or move", is available from the start, enabling the player to stop at any time. The second ability is "Jump" and the third is "Duck". I guess you can figure out what those two do!

Once you've unlocked the abilities, you can return to earlier levels to obtain badges that were previously unreachable.

The levels are filled with zombies, so you need to deal with them at the same time you as you drop blocks and slide moving blocks in place to clear the way.

Shooting works so that when you tap a destroyable/killable object (like a zombie), the shooting activates. The player character will shoot to your fingers direction till you let go of the screen.

Features:

- 30 hand crafted levels
- Three basic abilities to unlock
- two weapons to buy and upgrade up to five times
- Shop where you can buy ammunition and accessories
- Updates for new levels, weapons and accessories
- Over 30 different objects to move/use/destroy

The Bless of Christmas

AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-bless-of-christmas/id588195153?mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.panicartstudios.blessi

The Bless of Christmas is a 2D shooter in which the player tries to stop christmas materialism by killing santa. But soon you will realize that killing him isnt that easy. Santa sends an endless army of elves after you. The game is played in 2 minute rounds that you have to survive against santas minions!

After each survived round, you can choose 1 of 3 gifts to boost your abilities!

Every game is different due to the random generated levels!
Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 06:09:39 PM »

I tried out extermination briefly on IOS.

Few polish level things I noticed.
1. Odd bug in guy where you drag touch and each button touched stays darkened until released.
2. All the blue font is broken and hard to read, especially in-game when flashing.
3, Ads cover level buttons partially, and money count, etc
4. Money not shown on shop screen? (Correction just hidden completely by the Ad banner)
5. Clicking stuff that you can't afford has zero feedback.

As to the actual game itself, its an interesting take on the typical auto run formula, but it seems like it fell short in the 10 minutes or so I gave it. (I got to level 3, and played with some of the screens.)

It felt like to me that it was almost trying to be a puzzler, yet not really. Constantly needing to stop to slide or drop or blow down little brick sections to continue, when your already running quite slowly. Combined with needing to shoot things a ton, there was no real action feel of like say monster dash or even canabalt. Zombies did not blow away in a satisfying mannor, etc.

Where was the juiciness I guess you could ask? I think the game play was lacking a lot in the feedback department. Screen shakes, more elaborate deaths, and audio could of made killing enemies potentially much more satisfying.

I also wasn't a fan of the tapping to shoot mechanic, maybe if i could of held down to continue firing, but having to retap each time got annoying. This combined with flying enemies that meant tapping on top of my guy and blocking visibility, while getting hurt, led to a bit of frustration.

Art wise, I quite liked the backgrounds and general tiles, but was less fond of the actual sprites which while contrasting well from the bg in most cases, they seemed to be of generally lower quality, especially animation wise.

I'm not quite sure what to recommend here, the sell description "eXtermination is a "Run & Gun" game where you slaughter hordes of zombies while dropping, sliding and destroying objects in your way." makes it sound like an intense high speed pumping metal slug type affair with tons of shooting, feedback, and action, but it just isn't that, at least from the levels I played.

My experience is obviously brief to, so I don't know if the game opens up more or not, but I really wonder if it wouldn't of been better to lose the whole "stop" part, along with the various obstacles, and focused more on run and gun action. Sorta like mirrors edge but with intense zombie slaughtering, and less agility.

Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 06:16:28 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I could try to make it bit more fast paced and fix the animations to be more interesting. Anyway you can hold your finger and fire constantly, the iOS version has an update incoming that fixes lot of the things you mentioned :D. Its already in android, but takes the time of review for ios.

Anyway like i said, i will be trying to make it more fast paced and pumped up with screenshakes n stuff, thanks for the feedback again!
Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 06:26:23 PM »

Oh doh indeed you can hold and auto fire. I see what the issue is, you still need to be holding onto a viable target. I was trying to hold just in the direction I wanted to fire and this usually resulted in zero shooting, which made me switch to tapping stuff again.

Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 06:28:15 PM »

so would you suggest that clicking on an empty spot in the screen would make you shoot? Tongue
Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »

so would you suggest that clicking on an empty spot in the screen would make you shoot? Tongue

Yes absolutely. I would just treat the screen like a thumb stick with the center being your character.  I was almost always pushing on the far right screen edge to try an auto fire to the right, and still be able to see most of the screen.

Ideally though you would get feedback and testing of the games before releasing them. I can't talk about android, but IOS is brutal, and its very hard to gain much traction after an initial release from experience.

Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 06:40:03 PM »

Alright, well yeah might be. But its still worth a try Smiley
Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »

Yeah absolutely, and congrats at the very least for finishing and releasing these four games.

Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 08:25:08 PM »

Yeah absolutely, and congrats at the very least for finishing and releasing these four games.

thanks Smiley Next one is in the works, might use more betatesting this time ^^
trilby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »

Ok so i tried ahoy and extermination.  ahoy wasnt for me i didnt get it really but i liked extermination once i figured out how to shoot.  it took me a while!  i reckon if you make the controls more intuitive on this it would be better.  also the banner ads cover stuff up which isnt good.  i will get the others tomorrow.

Can I be cheeky and ask about your download figures on each game? How are you getting on?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:20:39 PM by trilby » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic