Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 12:33:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)GIFs of games being worked on
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 297
Print
Author Topic: GIFs of games being worked on  (Read 1206683 times)
tanner bananer
Level 1

aspiring train conductor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3560 on: March 08, 2015, 06:32:41 PM »

FIGHT THE MAN, MAN.

eliasdaler
« Reply #3561 on: March 09, 2015, 01:41:59 AM »

Looks even better now. Added little blink at the end of falling animation, expanding shadow and a little landing animation.
Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3562 on: March 09, 2015, 09:48:59 AM »

The 7 day roguelike has started today Smiley

Love how you're doing the lighting here.

Codestar
Level 1

One man, one game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3563 on: March 09, 2015, 12:41:06 PM »

I got finished implementing some simple wall jumping/sliding for my proc-generated platformer, Mine to the sky. This ability will allow you to scale large vertical sections of blocks. You can also grab on to ledges if you're close enough to them. Currently I'm using placeholder graphics, but I'm hoping to replace them soon!

Check out my current game project:
Mine to the sky
Azure Lazuline
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3564 on: March 09, 2015, 12:50:23 PM »

world intros!

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3565 on: March 10, 2015, 12:57:21 AM »

Just floating around, not scared to get out because of the wolf or anything.. Who, Me?

eliasdaler
« Reply #3566 on: March 10, 2015, 12:01:20 PM »

Just floating around, not scared to get out because of the wolf or anything.. Who, Me?

Awesome color pallete. Dithering looks very nice too. Great job!
efge
Level 0

No Zombies, no stars, no careers, no bananas.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3567 on: March 13, 2015, 02:54:36 AM »

Troopers VR

Join Troopers VR and save the Galaxy! 
i Kill anything that has more than two legs!
RyanHuggins
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3568 on: March 13, 2015, 10:08:52 AM »

mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: March 13, 2015, 02:30:57 PM »

Here's something...

If there's any advice on anything I will really appreciate it!!!

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
Schilcote
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: March 14, 2015, 08:48:03 AM »

I've never quite understood why animators always make people bounce when they're standing still. I realize you don't want people to just freeze into steel fenceposts whenever they're not moving, but can't you have them just sway a little bit or shift their weight around or something? Why does everyone do friggin' jumping jacks all the time?

Other than that looks pretty hardcore. Is that all there is to it or what?
mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: March 14, 2015, 08:59:17 AM »

I've never quite understood why animators always make people bounce when they're standing still. I realize you don't want people to just freeze into steel fenceposts whenever they're not moving, but can't you have them just sway a little bit or shift their weight around or something? Why does everyone do friggin' jumping jacks all the time?

Haha I know now it looks like he's on crack, I am giving him a cape so the new idle animation will be a lot more natural. For me the reason was that the canvas was so small so even a bit of pixel movement can be seen drastic.

This is a Prepreprepreprep alpha early early development, I was just able to put everything together and created my first background lol. Expect more to come!

DevLog
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3572 on: March 14, 2015, 09:48:53 AM »

Sway a little bit and shift around will also look pretty crazy if everyone does it the exact same way, but the way people overemphasize the 'idle bounce' is also taken much too far in video games right now. But as a person who does all too many idle animations in my day to day work, just having the freedom to settle for the good old breathe/bounce is a big freedom. Anything else (esp. in flash-like animation) takes too much creativity and thought to implement painlessly, whereas the breathe/bounce is just tweening between two poses.

But all in all, idle animations suck. I wanna animate people who do things. I don't want to animate people standing still just to make sure they don't look dead.

I'm a bit sad we don't have very visible eyes in Scrolls - if you've got visible eyes a simple blink cycle is enough to convince the viewer the character isn't dead.

As a final statement in this confusing reply, I would like to join you in a pledge for people to, if they can afford it, rethink the 'idle' animation and maybe refrain from the jumping jacks. But if time and budget and method deems the bounce to be the right thing, then go forth without shame.
makis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: March 14, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »

mzn528 your gif reminds me of Moonstone!
Azure Lazuline
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3574 on: March 14, 2015, 12:17:06 PM »

http://gfycat.com/NaturalEssentialCricket
not embedded because gifs from my game are really big, and there's already one on this page Tongue (embedded gfycat support please, it would help a lot!)

I actually recorded it to show off the terrain effect, but the character's idling during it too so it works here! It's a very slightly exaggerated bounce since Boki's pretty active, but during cutscenes or if you stay still too long, it switches to a slower, upright standing animation. Cats are great because you can animate the tail a whole bunch without needing to do anything else Smiley

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: March 14, 2015, 02:32:31 PM »

So after some redesigns and chatting about some ideas with friends, the character now looks like this. I think it's better, but I still see a few things that irk me (like the ears, and torso doesn't feel like it's turning enough). This gif might be a little jittery since I reconstructed it in different way than normal. Tell me if I missed anything vital, since I'm only a newbie at this.

@eliasdaler: Liking what I see. Maybe put some more POW into that hammer charge? Seems like a lot of build up but no special follow-up animation (Though it could be because you're falling and the animation stopped).
new design is way cooler

mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: March 14, 2015, 03:42:21 PM »

mzn528 your gif reminds me of Moonstone!

Google it, that game looks simple but pretty awesome, I take this as a compliment haha thanks makis!

DevLog
LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3577 on: March 14, 2015, 03:57:52 PM »

Working on gif quality, wish it wasn't so blurry.

sam_suite
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3578 on: March 14, 2015, 06:11:12 PM »

Working on gif quality, wish it wasn't so blurry.

Looking great! What recording software are you using right now? I always use gifcam, never really had any blur or compression problems with it.

Some updates to the map. Also, cops follow predetermined patrol routes and won't notice you if your car is off.

LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3579 on: March 14, 2015, 07:07:54 PM »

Looking great! What recording software are you using right now? I always use gifcam, never really had any blur or compression problems with it.

Some updates to the map. Also, cops follow predetermined patrol routes and won't notice you if your car is off.
It's probably because I cut a few seconds off the video then render it again and the quality changed. If I had left it untouched, I bet it would be better. I'll also check this gifcam, I was using boring old fraps.

Btw, good looking map. I'm curious as to what the white mark to the right on the map is doing. Seems to be going off the road as it turns, is that normal?

EDIT: Here's a funny glitch I found long ago (Don't worry, it's fixed, but I decided to redo it since it's funny):

« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:24:25 PM by LucasMaxBros » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 297
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic