Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:49:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[Tower Defense] Age of Thrones - iOS/Android - June 2013 - (by NEXRAGE)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Tower Defense] Age of Thrones - iOS/Android - June 2013 - (by NEXRAGE)  (Read 3249 times)
Nexrage
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2013, 10:39:05 AM »

Age of Thrones is a medieval-fantasy tower defense game by us, NEXRAGE (2-manned indie team) and has been in development for about a year.

Fight against waves of orcs, dragons, trolls, death knights, undead and more dark creatures to defeat the Dark Lord of Thrones and save the kingdom of Armos!

Age of Thrones is a free-style tower defense/strategy game that lets you make your own path, and control how you want to defeat the enemy!

Design your own path to victory with 16 different types of towers, spells, and talent trees. Build towers, castles and use hero spells to glory!

Intro Cinematic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sl-Lb8RBqw&feature=youtu.be

Features:
  • Vibrant and bright art style, inspired by World of Warcraft
  • Game runs at a fluid 60 FPS
  • Fully narrated, and lore
  • 18 Unique Levels
  • 16 different types of towers usable in-game
  • 4 different types of castles buildable in game
  • 20 different types of enemies, ranging from ground, armored, flying, and warships
  • 4 Hero Spells to usable during game to help fight tougher foes
  • Full tier talent tree to customize your gameplay
  • Various difficulties, Endless Mode, and Casual Mode (for people on the go)
  • Well balanced, and many ways to beat any level
  • Heavily focused on free-path tower defense, but also has fixed path elements mixed in
  • Multiplayer and CO-OP (iPad only)

Platforms:

AOT is planned release on all iPhones first, followed by iPad, and then Android + OUYA.

Release Date:

Release date planned for June 2013.

Screenshots:
Please note screenshots were captured from our beta build.

More information:

We will be posting continual updates here as well as our Facebook and website and subreddit.

We are currently in beta testing/polishing, so if you are interested please reply back here, and I will send you details shortly! (using TestFlight to beta test).

This is our first game as an indie team, and we have put countless man hours in making this game as best as possible. We made this game because we enjoy and love TD games, and we hope you guys will like this game as much as we enjoyed making it Smiley. Will post gameplay videos soon!

Also check out our website http://www.nexrage.com
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 07:50:10 PM by Nexrage » Logged
Nexrage
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 03:28:02 PM »

Game is still being polished, here are some more screenshots; the world map featuring levels and basic menus, also a screenshot of the tutorial level:

Level Map:

Starting level/tutorial:
nickFromPaintteh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 10:30:12 PM »

looks nice  Blink
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 05:44:54 PM »

Vibrant and bright art style, inspired by World of Warcraft running at a fluid 60 FPS
I also get inspired when I run WoW at 60 fps
You probably want to move that comma "Vibrant and bright art style inspired by World of Warcraft, running at a fluid 60 FPS"

Grammar nazi aside, you mentioned '4 different castles' to build. What castles do in the game?
The art is also lovely, it's hard seeing TDs with such good art

sunnder
Level 0

Scorch Arena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »

The third screenshot reminds me of Lurker Defense from the original Starcraft. Good times. I would've loved playing this game but I only play PC games so no good for me. Looks great though!

"In any case you mustn't confuse a single failure with a final defeat." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Nexrage
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 03:48:51 PM »

Vibrant and bright art style, inspired by World of Warcraft running at a fluid 60 FPS
I also get inspired when I run WoW at 60 fps
You probably want to move that comma "Vibrant and bright art style inspired by World of Warcraft, running at a fluid 60 FPS"

Grammar nazi aside, you mentioned '4 different castles' to build. What castles do in the game?
The art is also lovely, it's hard seeing TDs with such good art

Thanks for the typo!

Yes I agree on the art style, the iOS/Android stores are filled with TD games with subpar graphics, we really wanted this game to visually look beautiful.

So the way the castles work is think of it as a "hero tower", and we have it so depending on which castle you put down, it will boost/power up those types of towers.

For example, a Wizard's Castle, will greatly increase damage of all Wizard Towers placed on playing field.

Also a PC build of this game is not completely off the table!
Wigriff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »

If you port to PC you are going to probably catch a lot of hell. My team and I are working on a fantasy based tower defense game right now as well, although it is drastically different than yours. I researched the genre quite a bit and discovered that tower defense games get absolutely railed on sites like Greenlight. You'll hear a lot of "this is iOS/NewGrounds/Flash garbage and doesn't belong on X," and various other nonsense. You'll probably also hear a bunch of idiotic statements about how it is a "Kingdom Rush clone" from people who don't even look past your basic aesthetic.

It is good that you are striving to set yourself apart. I think the game looks great, and I (obviously) love tower defense myself, so I know that I will definitely be checking it out in the future. I wish you the best of luck.
ThunderMare
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 12:25:50 AM »

Quite Good, I like tower defense games like this.

Nexrage
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 08:20:59 AM »

Game is still being worked on, we may have to delay it a bit as we are in talks with publishers and its really not a good time to release another TD game with all the 'bigger' ones being currently released!
Nexrage
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 03:36:50 PM »

We have been hard at work, and actually have pushed release back to July. Here is a quick video demonstrating the gameplay of AOT (besure to view in HD)!

Video:

Nexrage
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 10:23:05 AM »

Just letting you guys know, AOT was submitted to Apple over the weekend, and should be out soon!
dbest
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 12:13:43 PM »

The video is really nice!
Well done and making a TD game look great!

Nexrage
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 08:38:16 AM »

Thanks for all the replies!

Everything is good to go on iOS version (approved and ready to go), we are finishing up on Android as we speak and will have a same-day Android/iOS launch on August 29th!
Nexrage
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 04:59:30 PM »

Game launches tonight/midnight!

Here is the gameplay trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWQUyQtJ9mw&feature=youtu.be

Media presskit:
http://www.ageofthrones.com/media/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: