Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:02:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingGaming as a performance art
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Gaming as a performance art  (Read 3654 times)
The Netocrat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »

For the player, games are great for improv! For the developer, not so much.

It would be interesting to see a program that allows developers to quickly improvise. Something like Game Maker, or Unity, but faster to draft and easier to edit the engine itself.

I work as an experimental writer for video games. If you want to see a different kind of story in a game, a download link to our beta is at http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38394.0
R.D.
Level 2

Making a game about balls. Yepp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 05:17:36 AM »

That's true. Wouldn't be script languages the ideal thing here? For someone you likes coding at least. Well I guess for someone you likes coding, improvising is something they can do because of the knowledge they have.
But if you more of a designer... I guess that is a problem. I'm glad that we have Engine like Unity3D or Game Maker at least. So people can create games without being "too much" of a programmer.

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 06:02:10 PM »

I dunno, you seem to be under the impression any old schlub can just walk up to a shmup like DDP DOJ and beat the crap out of it.

late, to the party, but since we are here... I just meant expressive + skill is the magic formula. obviously any hard game is excellent only in the hands of a master, and mastery does not come cheap. we're both gamers here. respect.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic