Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411986 Posts in 69439 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 16, 2024, 04:05:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWitch Princess
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48
Print
Author Topic: Witch Princess  (Read 133420 times)
Conker534
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 07:27:30 PM »

You can now equip and drop items that you have in your inventory Smiley
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 07:32:01 PM »

goggogo

Doktor_Q
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 07:32:25 PM »

Yaaaay!
Conker534
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 11:09:38 PM »

So I redid the movement part of the engine,

actually the majority of the game code won't flow with what I want at the end, so lets just call what I did before hand (which wasn't really much since I wasn't feeling well) a prototype and this the real deal.

Also the way I'm going to set up how tiles work is REALLY going to help me with creating maps later on in the game.

Really I'm just being a lot smarter in how I code it this time. Smiley

Also, Aria has come a long way from the under age school girl she started as.

Aria is now older, shes around 17-18 (Protaginist is 20, so she's still young compared to you.) and she visits her grandmother during the summers. You only can see her during summer season. (Unless of course she falls in love with you and you become married, then she moves in with you)

But good luck with that. She's very shy, doesn't talk to people very often, or participate in festival. Strange enough you can catch her on the mountain tops singing if you're lucky, but most of the time she's just writing poetry.

Anyways shes a tough marry because of how shy she is and the lack of time that you can spend with her, but if you dig her go for it.

I know I'm not so great at making cute girls. that'll come with practice, i'm sure her look (with everyone else) will continue changing until i'm 100% happy with them, right now i'm like 10% happy with Aria.

anyways thats my plan for her. Smiley Also don't ask why a girl as shy as her wears a skirt as short as that, its a vidya game dammit!

(btw her grandma is the bomb, i'm not gonna share why for spoilers sake but everyones gonna love the grandma.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:10:19 AM by Conker » Logged
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 05:37:50 AM »

Let me guess ,

Her grandma is a drunken old lady that race at street races each friday at the city , drinking all night and winning cars that she afterward hides in the cow's farm

You ask me why ? Vidya games , lads !

Anyways , I'm here for hoe puns too
Conker534
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 08:26:17 AM »

close

kinda
Conker534
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »

Time
Doktor_Q
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 07:25:21 PM »

I'd suggest making the Night filters darker, and more blue-green than blue. About half the green you use blue should be enough, you probably don't actually want turquoise.

This is the one part of time-of-day filters I was satisfied with when I tried it.
Conker534
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 09:07:51 PM »

It does look nicer!

Also items can be on the ground now.

It runs at 60fps btw, LICEcap isn't fast enough to capture all the frames.
Conker534
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 09:52:42 AM »

I don't really like how selecting items from your inventory works right now, but that'll change later.

Right now you push shift to go down a slot in your inventory.

also you can use hoe
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:28:29 AM by Conker » Logged
Doktor_Q
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 01:29:05 PM »

Sprite centering aside, that looks pretty good! What about having a pair of buttons (A and S are popular) that cycle up/down (or left/right) through the inventory?
Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 01:56:18 PM »

I have no idea what this game plays like, given I have no clue what harvest moon is either Smiley seems to certainly not be your typical rpg at anyrate.

I really like the side view background bit, don't think I've seen that before mixed with top down like this. Keep up the good progress Smiley

Conker534
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »

Sprite centering aside, that looks pretty good! What about having a pair of buttons (A and S are popular) that cycle up/down (or left/right) through the inventory?
I'll give that a shot, and I will fix that player sprites centering when I actually make the player sprite Grin

I have no idea what this game plays like, given I have no clue what harvest moon is either Smiley seems to certainly not be your typical rpg at anyrate.

I really like the side view background bit, don't think I've seen that before mixed with top down like this. Keep up the good progress Smiley
You're a farmer that sells crops to make money and animal stuff (milk, eggs, wool)
You give gifts to people and they will like you more
You give gifts to women to make them love you

Its a great game, you should go out and get it.

I really like Harvest Moon, so I thought i'd make my own harvest moon-like game
poe
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »

Looks awesome!
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 04:23:05 PM »

Cool, I look forward to seeing how this goes.
more like how it GROWS

Conker534
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »

Crops are a grow!
Doktor_Q
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »

Looking good!

Is there any significance to the title so far, or?
Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »

You're a farmer that sells crops to make money and animal stuff (milk, eggs, wool)

I think I played this, just it was called Ultima Online. Instead of farming crops though I would kill people, take their goods to sell, and use the coin to buy gifts to give, ultimately gaining love ;p Well minus all those killed and relieved of their goods.. there was a lot of hate to, but oh well..

Don't think this is my type of game, but keep up the good work. Love seeing the craft at work. Smiley

Conker534
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2013, 04:59:25 PM »

Looking good!

Is there any significance to the title so far, or?
Yes shes the evil goddess whos taken the islands faith from her sister the true goddess, and casted a curse on all of the island in making them forget about the true goddess. You can do whatever about it though, ignore the goddess's plee, or help her, whatever. You can even marry the witch princess Wink.

But shes bad and put the true goddess in a prison when she doesn't deserve it! Sad

I think I played this, just it was called Ultima Online. Instead of farming crops though I would kill people, take their goods to sell, and use the coin to buy gifts to give, ultimately gaining love ;p Well minus all those killed and relieved of their goods.. there was a lot of hate to, but oh well..

Don't think this is my type of game, but keep up the good work. Love seeing the craft at work. Smiley

Thanks appreciate it! Smiley and yeah there isn't violence in this game xD
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:21:39 PM by Conker » Logged
Conker534
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2013, 06:37:34 PM »

Woo you can give the seeds drinks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic