Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:54:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDying Sun [Procedural Real-Time Survival, Permadeath]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Dying Sun [Procedural Real-Time Survival, Permadeath]  (Read 6565 times)
Jubjub
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 03:23:19 AM »

We've added some more crests to the clan creation screen:

nereke
Level 0

fighting homelessness, one game at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »

Love the art, love the fresh ideas. Very excited about the release. Keep up the good work!  Gentleman
meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 01:31:32 AM »

Thanks! We'll be posting more updates soon. We're all a little bit busy with personal lives at the moment, so progress has been slightly slow. We'll all get roaring again soon, though.

Family is all that matters now.
Sheltered Devlog
meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2013, 02:02:03 AM »

Sorry about the lack of updates. We've hit a wall, basically. One of our team members has gone AWOL and it's difficult to say when we'll be back on track.

This project is NOT being abandoned, and it is still being worked on, albeit slower than we'd like.

Sheltered Devlog
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2013, 07:08:43 AM »

Hope you get over that wall soon. This project is far too promising to get left by the wayside. Good luck!

siskavard
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2013, 08:28:13 AM »

Ditto, hope you guys get it all sorted out soon
meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2013, 04:15:25 AM »

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get in touch with either of my team members at the moment. I do fear they've abandoned the project, though I'm still hopeful I'll hear something from them soon. So for now it's just me, the artist.

So I first dreamt this game up well over a year ago, and I will never abandon it, as long as I'm alive. I'll try to keep you posted on developments.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:49:06 AM by meek » Logged

Sheltered Devlog
meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »

Merging worked -
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:58:32 PM by meek » Logged

Sheltered Devlog
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2013, 02:03:38 PM »

ok, luckily handing the devlog over to meek worked  Tongue

this game looks like exactly my sort of thing btw, will be watching.
meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »

Thanks a lot for all the help, C.A! Much appreciated.

Sheltered Devlog
Lemmily
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2013, 04:20:15 PM »

Too much beautiful for it to be abandoned. Love to see some updates when the action gets started again Smiley
PowRTocH
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »

This looks cool homie, you should post a gameplay summary or a description of the game. I can kind of infer what it's about but I'm working off of snippets here from each page. What I mean to say is there's no central location in this thread to get hype.
meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2013, 01:41:13 AM »

Thanks for bringing that to my attention! The original thread this was merged with had an introductory piece, so I've updated it with my own (now in the first post)

Dying Sun is a game about taking 8 men, a small piece of land for settling, and trying to build them into a strong and self-sufficient clan. The game features systems for emotions, meaning a man is less likely to execute a task if he's feeling low or idle (boredom), a fully fledged weather and temperature system (Men will huddle around campfires if the temperature reaches a certain level), a combat system when fighting intruders and trying to wipe out rival clans, expedition system with a randomly generated gigantic map, with lakes and peaks, resource gathering, building and much, much more.

Sheltered Devlog
meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2013, 01:47:56 AM »

Also, just to confirm we're now back on track! Me and the programmer are working on it again, and we'll start posting updates as regularly as we can.

Sheltered Devlog
jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »

Also, just to confirm we're now back on track! Me and the programmer are working on it again, and we'll start posting updates as regularly as we can.

Brillant news \o/

CryingGhost
Level 0

gomennasai

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2013, 04:04:42 PM »

This game looks really cool & interesting so far and I'm really glad you guys are back on track!

I definitely agree with what jO said about not letting yourself get driven away from your own art style, but I do still have a bit of criticism regarding the art Shrug

Really my only problem is the level of detail on the environmental objects (houses, towers, ground etc.). The problem is you've made the non-character objects a little TOO detailed and it kind of clashes with the simplistic characters. I also think that it kind of just looks to complicated to begin with Embarrassed. Basically what I'm saying is that if you make the environmental objects less detailed (less colours perhaps) they'll look better and blend better with the simplistic character models (which I think look quite nice Wink).

But of course that's all just my opinion and you are by no means obligated to listen to me Grin

[edit]: You could also make the colours for the background darker, so they don't stick out as much. That might work better then simply making them less detailed.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:58:41 PM by GingieAle » Logged
kidcoyote
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2013, 11:07:19 PM »

I created an account just so I could tell you that this game looks incredible. I've been lurking around this forum for days and just had to say something when I came across your devlog. I started getting into game development as a hobby a few years ago, but you guys have totally inspired me to put my own ideas into a full fledged game of my own. Keep up the great work and thank you for inspiring me to dive deeper into the world of game development.
meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2013, 02:10:55 AM »

Thank you so much for all of your support. I'll try and have some updates for you soon!

Sheltered Devlog
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2013, 02:14:04 AM »

Good to hear that the wagons are rolling again.  Hand Clap

meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2013, 07:57:18 AM »

Facepalm Afraid to say I've lost my other two team members again. So the project is effectively halted until I find some new ones.

If anyone wants a place on the team, message me your credentials 'n stuff. Specifically looking for a programmer at the moment, but I'll take anything I can get.

Sheltered Devlog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic