Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:58:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDropsy: A Surreal Exploration Based Adventure Game
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Dropsy: A Surreal Exploration Based Adventure Game  (Read 12862 times)
Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2013, 05:28:28 AM »

Hey everybody, in case you missed it, there's a new Kickstarter for this.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy

Thanks! I need to make a post in the Townhall too, I'm just so swamped! Ahh!

Dropsy!

Hypnospace Outlaw - You're a cop/moderator of the future-internet, which looks suspiciously like Geocities. Also you have a sweet car.
Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »

Coffee  We're 100% funded! WOOHOO!  Coffee
Still hoping to hit a few stretch goals. If you want to hear some music from the game, check this out:

http://dropsytheclown.bandcamp.com/

If you haven't backed yet, the link is here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy/

Dropsy!

Hypnospace Outlaw - You're a cop/moderator of the future-internet, which looks suspiciously like Geocities. Also you have a sweet car.
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2013, 06:38:34 PM »

Congrats on the funding man!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2013, 11:04:27 PM »

Nice to hear. Looking forward to the game.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2013, 05:35:40 AM »

i notice there is a black character on the first page but the clown has a very white face. will the black man be able to get hot dogs from the racist you insist on putting in your game for some reason or is it whites only.
Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2013, 05:48:27 AM »

i notice there is a black character on the first page but the clown has a very white face. will the black man be able to get hot dogs from the racist you insist on putting in your game for some reason or is it whites only.

Huh?! Nobody will be getting hotdogs from the hotdog man because the hotdog man is not present, only a building in the background of a secret area.

Also, how is he racist? I haven't paid attention to that thread since it came out that he wasted a bunch of goon money. I had no idea this was even still a thing.

Please PM me instead of posting in my DevLog. Thanks.

Dropsy!

Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 07:11:16 AM »

Just posted a new update yesterday! More info on the dreamworld:

The dreamworld is a way to expound upon dropsy's likes, dislikes, hopes, desires, fears, and memories without needing text. It will also serve to hint at plot points, and reveal secrets about Dropsy's past.

At night, you may return home and sleep to enter the dreamworld. What dream you enter depends on what path you chose in the dream you last explored. Secret paths may be accessed by finding hidden doors, or solving simple puzzles.

You leave the dreamworld by reaching a checkpoint, at which point the gatekeeper (a snarky face that emerges from the ground) swallows you up, and you wake up in your bed. There are no in-game signs to tell you when you'll reach a checkpoint, adding an atmosphere of tension.

SPOILER ALERT: There are minor spoilers in the following images. If you want to keep everything a surprise, I suggest avoiding any text you see.

Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy/posts/651008
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:00:19 PM by Jay Tholen » Logged

Dropsy!

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 01:43:24 PM »

Just saw this on Steam! Congratulations on the release!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic