Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:15:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOblitus - 2D fantasy action-adventure roguelike
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Oblitus - 2D fantasy action-adventure roguelike  (Read 31415 times)
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2013, 10:04:25 PM »

Looks like some fast-paced action, I like it Smiley

(ps. your website says ©2011)

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

Designer, Artist, Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2013, 12:24:07 AM »

I made an account just to tell you that this game looks very cool. I'm looking forward to it, and wish you the best.
Thanks!  It's great to hear that you think it looks cool Smiley

Looks like some fast-paced action, I like it Smiley

(ps. your website says ©2011)
Oh shoot, where exactly does it say that? On the tumblr or on oblit.us?  I checked both but couldn't find it  Tongue

Also, in other news, I have introduced masks into Oblitus, and I finished the first boss completely today.  Here's a post with more description on the masks.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »

I think it was on your connorullman.com site..

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2013, 04:00:10 PM »

I think it was on your connorullman.com site..

Ah, I see now!  Thanks for the help, fixed now Smiley

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2013, 10:59:45 PM »

I added an IndieDB page for Oblitus today!

Made this for fun too (I run a webcomic called Depressed Alien, so I put him in-costume):

Kekskiller
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2013, 02:46:10 AM »

Oh my, this webcomic is awesome! I especially like that there are occasional breakouts like this one.
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2013, 12:31:39 PM »

I caught word of this game awhile back on Twitter. I didn't realize it had a devlog. The animated GIFs look great, and the promo artwork is absolutely amazing Shocked

Keep up the great work, looking forward to more!

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »

Oh my, this webcomic is awesome! I especially like that there are occasional breakouts like this one.
I'm glad you like it!  It's been a really cool summer project, and I'm happy to continue it Smiley

I caught word of this game awhile back on Twitter. I didn't realize it had a devlog. The animated GIFs look great, and the promo artwork is absolutely amazing Shocked

Keep up the great work, looking forward to more!
Cool that you've heard of it!  I'm a little sad that the game art isn't as impressive as the promo art, but I'm doing my best haha

a video I just made of the work-in-progress title screen I've been making to get ready for the alpha release (and preorders!)

For a look into how this is done, here are the three images I'm using to make it:

Quote from the tumblr post I made describing the process:

For anyone interested in the process of making that title screen fire-flickering effect, it’s done by using the above three images, drawn in the order they appear with different blend modes, so the colors come together sensibly (for the software-literate, I use the “Multiply” blend mode).

In order to make it flicker, I make the last two images scale up from the position of the light source, between the words and the mask, and they draw onto the first image.

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2014, 10:24:32 AM »

You may have thought the game had died... but actually we went on hiatus while I was in school! We're kicking development back in motion now, and I did so with an interview with Indie Statik about what we're hoping to achieve with Oblitus. We were also featured by KillScreen and in Indie Statik's "Top 100 Most Anticipated Indie Games of 2014."

In other news, a new artist has been hired, so the current artwork will not be a part of the final product. Also, we will be starting a Kickstarter that I will post here once it is ready to go so that you guys can get your hands on copies of the alpha version of the game! We're really excited to be getting back to work on this Smiley

siskavard
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »

Sounds awesome. I was worried the game was a goner.
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2014, 01:09:57 PM »

Sounds awesome. I was worried the game was a goner.
Thanks! Yeah I can understand that feeling. I posted on the Devlog that we were on hiatus, but I think most people see "hiatus" as "making a different game now."

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2014, 02:08:26 PM »

Hey, stop teasing us with your awesome concept art/promo posters

Just joking, game looks fantastic, and IndieStatik's recent article only has me anticipating it even more

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Silvermaan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2014, 02:49:26 PM »

You may have thought the game had died... but actually we went on hiatus while I was in school! We're kicking development back in motion now, and I did so with an interview with Indie Statik about what we're hoping to achieve with Oblitus. We were also featured by KillScreen and in Indie Statik's "Top 100 Most Anticipated Indie Games of 2014."

In other news, a new artist has been hired, so the current artwork will not be a part of the final product. Also, we will be starting a Kickstarter that I will post here once it is ready to go so that you guys can get your hands on copies of the alpha version of the game! We're really excited to be getting back to work on this Smiley

Oh man, good to hear. Been looking forward to this. For a lot of developers what starts as a hiatus turns into a cancellation. Good luck going forward.
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2014, 03:25:56 PM »

I can't believe I haven't seen this yet, it looks amazing!

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2014, 11:19:33 AM »

Just joking, game looks fantastic, and IndieStatik's recent article only has me anticipating it even more
I'm very glad you're anticipating it! :D

Oh man, good to hear. Been looking forward to this. For a lot of developers what starts as a hiatus turns into a cancellation. Good luck going forward.
Yeah that's what I've tended to notice as well about "hiatuses." I knew from the start that we weren't going to drop it though--I'm a sucker for Sunk Cost Fallacy.

I can't believe I haven't seen this yet, it looks amazing!
Thank you!

FraktalZero
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2014, 11:55:14 AM »

Those posters are really great looking!
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2014, 08:19:41 AM »

oh my gosh, you have my name mr ulltman .____.

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2014, 11:55:03 AM »

Those posters are really great looking!
Thanks!

oh my gosh, you have my name mr ulltman .____.
I believe you have MY name, sir.

I've been messing around with some added effects to make it feel better to kill enemies (like blood, screenshake, and making the game pause on hits). A good resource for making things "feel" better is JW's (of Vlambeer fame)

, in which he covers most of the effects I've added.

Here's a screenshot of some fog I put in (it'll look better with the new art, once it starts coming in, since there won't be such bold, heavy outlines):

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2014, 04:53:06 PM »

Update: A new trailer has been added to the IndieDB page!

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »

Added some sticky explosives into Oblitus last night. They can stick to just about anything, and they'll be used predominantly in the cave area of the game:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic