Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:42:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingRace System
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Race System  (Read 2813 times)
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2013, 12:21:06 AM »

Moved to dev log: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=35243.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:38:21 AM by jdc_01 » Logged
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »

Gameplay?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 01:43:32 AM »

If you mean the style is a FPS, so this races will be running around with weapons in their hand. One issue is with the Naga race, i don't thing it will be able to move freely or use a suit. That's way it's one race I have my doubts.

One attribute races will have is speed, the giant race will have a total different speed from the Naga or the "small fur" little creatures.

For race suit I wanted to be something like space suit but also armoured. So that the final result is something like this: http://progv.deviantart.com/art/Practice-304592989

This next piece, have sci-fi ship's but the large one i think it have a very nice to adjusts for a space suit armoured helm:
http://alexnegrea.deviantart.com/art/Sci-Fi-Ship-Brushes-201381644

If you hand to draw a very large creature or awkward it will be probably be facing the challenge of being in a full suit.
CowBoyDan
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 08:09:52 AM »

Is any of this stuff yours or are you just posting links to other people's art?
antoniodamala
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 01:08:42 PM »

Sorry, man, but backstory is not design. How do each of these races play? That's what matter. Backstory comes later.
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 08:47:46 PM »

For project questions use this email: [email protected]
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 01:13:06 PM »

That's not really how this forum works. Aren't you interested in discussing the design of your game here? If not, you might be in the wrong place.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 05:12:15 AM »

Does this involve race cars in any way?

vroom vroom
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 10:37:35 AM »

A design document is intellectual property as an art piece is, or any other work that you develop, I show a part of a under development project, that does not mean i giving up the game copyright's to ta discuss forum, blog or any kind of public forum entity or agency,  or individual person, private or public corporations. All rights are  reserved!!!

if you want to be a part of the project by commenting what you think fell free. Was it's posted openly now claiming other people intellectual property or do you have money to pay, or you want to go in to a court and claim it for your self?

I repeat for that you understand: I requested comment's on the races, used images from artists to illustrate a hypothetically form for the creatures. Eventually a artist will draw them inspired in this shapes and forms of the pictures with is own perspective/set of skills.

If you want to be part of the project and see the 370 mb design document be prepared to sign non-disclosure agreements that prevent intellectual property to be theft. Or you can also work with not signing any thing but that's is on your won will or objectives. In that case you will not see the document. Only fragments of the hole structure.

Was stated before personal concerns/questions or inquires use this email: [email protected]

because they will not be given to public/open forums

poe
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 10:55:01 AM »

Hey wow these are well thought out, I'll definitely be using them in my game!
Dragonmaw
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 11:16:07 AM »

Moved to writing, as this thread does not belong in design.

That being said, jdc: nobody gives a shit about your races. We aren't going to steal "your ideas" especially since you don't actually have any yet. Calm down.

Also all of these backstories are so generic I fell asleep. It looks like you just trawled DA for art that wasn't yours and based "a race" on it. I'm glad you didn't find any of my friends' pages.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:08:20 PM by Inanimate » Logged
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 10:38:19 AM »

I've got an idea I've put two and a half year's worth of design, writing and tech dev into, and I talk about it all the time.  Nobody's stolen it yet because nobody cares about it quite so much as I do.

What you must realize is people steal ideas when they're easy to steal.  This sounds like a vague vision of a sprawling sci-fi epic that would cost millions to develop, and those are a dime a dozen -- dig through the forum archives for proof of that.  Other sci-fi game ideas are ample, development cost is high, and development risk is very high.  Anybody with those kinds of resources is going to be developing their own idea or hiring a top-tier staff of designers and writers.

Now, if you had an idea for an extremely small, high-quality game which required minimal resources to execute, that's the one scenario where I'd say you're justified in protecting it cautiously.  (Vlambeer provides the canonical example.)

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 04:37:27 PM »

The more I tell people my ideas the less they care. And they are awesome. Believe me. I know everything.

Wait. Yes I do. Ok.

p.s. vlambeer executed too. big diff.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic