Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:12:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386143 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #800 on: May 22, 2012, 09:34:09 PM »

sometimes you guys could just type the post into google

Game Boy puzzle game where you play as a tomato with a mohawk and sunglasses. I guess it was sort of like Sokoban, but more about maneuvering yourself through the level.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 23, 2012, 06:29:17 AM »

paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #802 on: June 06, 2012, 10:35:43 AM »

There was this old computer game I played in around '92, although it's certainly from earlier than that. The graphics were very blocky, like an Apple ][ (although it may have been a DOS machine); they could've been done with those ASCII blocks. And the only thing I remember about it is that you had to collect three keys in this castle or maze, and then go to this room that had a dragon and three locks on a cell in the upper right hand corner. It could've been the upper left though.

And it wasn't Adventure.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 06, 2012, 11:10:50 AM »

ZZT?
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #804 on: June 06, 2012, 11:38:20 AM »

nah, i don't think that's it. this was a very simplistic game with very minimal graphics. mightve been CGA or EGA graphics. probably only 2 or 3 colors. i'm pretty sure all there was to it was to collect these three things and then get around the dragon to that cell.

e: and by cell, i just mean a rectangle in the upper corner of the screen.
e2: now that i think on it more, it may have been three cells
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:54:07 PM by paste » Logged

Akari
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 08, 2012, 02:16:29 AM »

Okay, here's something. I remember playing this game maybe around 8-10 years ago (I think). It was a 3D sci-fi action game, played from a top-down angle (similar to Alien Swarm). You could also play it as same-screen co-op. You play as an action dude and I think you had a laser sight in your weapon(s) by default. I think it was raining in the first level and the boss of the level is a helicopter. There were weapon pickups along the way of rocket launchers etc. and you basically moved forward in a level and shot up enemies that appeared along the way. I think most of the first level happened on some broken-down city streets and most of the time the level borders consisted of tall buildings.

I have absolutely no clue what the name of this game was but I have some pretty clear memories of it - it would be interesting to check it out again one of these days.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 08, 2012, 03:36:20 AM »

Could be Shadowgrounds.
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #807 on: June 08, 2012, 03:54:48 AM »

For the longest of times I was looking for an old DOS ninja game I played on my 286 with CGA graphics. I kind of remembered some parts of it, like how the door in the background in the beginning of the first level looked like but not much else. I also remembered that you could jump on and off ledges and balconies on different heights. That was it. Not much to begin with. So I looked trough all the game listings and couldn't find it. The game directory in DOS was named "Ninja" so it didn't help much.

It turned out it was the one game I was ruling out just based on the name because I had seen the NES version and I thought that was a totally different game. And for some reason I thought it was a more obscure game ... but it wasn't. It was the DOS port of Shinobi. I stumbled on it by randomly browsing YouTube one morning. Boy was I surprised. It had been like 17 years since I last saw it and ohmegosh was it nostalgic. So many memories came flooding back Tears of Joy
I tried it and it was just as difficult as I remembered it. But at least I found it!

artyom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 09, 2012, 01:06:51 AM »

Okay, so it was a browser-based puzzle-platformer game (I'm fairly sure). It was on an indie dev's website. I got there because of a different game and I found this one. It was really trippy.

You started and you had to go find someone, and there were two worlds, one was light and one was dark. You had to solve some of the puzzles by entering the dark world, but you could only do it at certain points in the level, and when you were in the dark world gravity was backwards and ghosts or monsters would come to get you if you stayed too long. I want to say that at the end of the levels you entered a phone booth or something. At certain parts you had to use physics (such as leaping off a high point to rocket yourself down into the other world and back into the light world). It was really an amazing game and I wish I could remember what it was called.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 09, 2012, 06:48:30 AM »

Okay, so it was a browser-based puzzle-platformer game (I'm fairly sure). It was on an indie dev's website. I got there because of a different game and I found this one. It was really trippy.

You started and you had to go find someone, and there were two worlds, one was light and one was dark. You had to solve some of the puzzles by entering the dark world, but you could only do it at certain points in the level, and when you were in the dark world gravity was backwards and ghosts or monsters would come to get you if you stayed too long. I want to say that at the end of the levels you entered a phone booth or something. At certain parts you had to use physics (such as leaping off a high point to rocket yourself down into the other world and back into the light world). It was really an amazing game and I wish I could remember what it was called.

This seems really familiar. I think it was set like a pool of water, where above water was the light world, and below the water was the dark world where you'd be chased by ghosts.

I think this was a few years back, because it seems like ages since I played this. I'm pretty sure I saw the link to it on JayisGames. It might help to sort through their archives to look for it.

Edit: I didn't see it in the 2010 archives, but it's possible I passed over it. I checked the "weekend download" sections too, just in case it wasn't a browser game (but I'm pretty sure it was, like you). I want to find this again too. I remember it was fun.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:15:01 AM by SirNiko » Logged
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: June 09, 2012, 07:30:25 AM »

The game is Verge, made right here by Kyle Pulver as part of the Commonplace Book Competition
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #811 on: June 09, 2012, 04:03:40 PM »

there have been many flash games using this mechanic though

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 09, 2012, 05:45:29 PM »

This, however, is the game I was thinking of. I hope it is the same one arty was imagining.
artyom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 09, 2012, 08:17:14 PM »

The game is Verge, made right here by Kyle Pulver as part of the Commonplace Book Competition

That's it! Oh my god I've been looking for this game for months! Thank you so much!
Slushy_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: June 11, 2012, 05:03:46 AM »

For some reason reading the new posts in here triggered the name of the game I was searching for .
It was Escape Kids and it is a little bit less awesome than how I remember http://youtu.be/PRvD4ABRuCk?t=4m20s  God bless Youtube lol

I make Indie Game preview vids  Smiley
Akari
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 17, 2012, 04:53:55 AM »

Could be Shadowgrounds.
No, it's not Shadowgrounds - I was actually going to mention it as an example of somewhat similar games, but forgot. The game I'm looking for is older than that.

EDIT: I have another game that I'm looking for - it was a puzzle platformer for DOS, and the main character was a pacman-like ball with an eye and a smile. It could also be played by two players, one playing a green ball and one a yellow one. I don't remember which color was the default for single player... Also, I actually think the name of the game was simply Joe, but I can't find anything with that alone, so I might be wrong. The name was definitely quite simple, though.

EDIT2: The game name was actually Joe, and I did manage to find it now! You can find it here if you're interested.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 05:01:53 AM by Daiz » Logged
kavs
Level 2

Brad Kavanagh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #816 on: June 20, 2012, 05:20:38 PM »

This one is killing me. It must have been 12 - 15 years ago and I'm 90% sure it was on the NES. One night, my friend and I rented a game from Blockbuster (we're in NA). I was probably 7 or 8, tops. It was the first tactics game I had ever played. It was a topdown view and had battle sequences similar to something that I saw later in Fire Emblem. I thought it might have been an early Fire Emblem game, but looking at it now, it was only released in Japan and there's no way it was that.

I don't think it was on SNES; I remember it being on NES, but this was so so long ago. It stuck with me but I can't remember the details.

Can anyone rattle off some english tactics/strategy games on the NES? I'd love to figure out the name of this one, but it's a bit of a longshot.

SAVE ME, TIGS!

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #817 on: June 20, 2012, 06:14:32 PM »

Aren't too many strategy games on the NES, so... any of these?

Nobunaga's Ambition 1/2

Famicom Wars (JP only, but just in case!)

Desert Commander

Conflict

North & South
kavs
Level 2

Brad Kavanagh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #818 on: June 20, 2012, 06:34:15 PM »

No. Sad I remember it being fantasy as there was some kind of magic. IIRC, one of the earlier battles happens in a castle of some sort.

I remember it looking a lot like Fire Emblem... but that wouldn't run on a NA NES, right? We'd need to have had a Famicom? And the scale of these fights seems to grand. I remember the movement being interior or a castle courtyard or something, not a world map.

Maybe I'm just losing it, or maybe it was on SNES or Genesis? I can't remember. All I know is that I was young and impressionable and it has burned itself into my brain. Sad

Yougiedeggs
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 20, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »

I've got a twist on the thread. I remember a game, and the name of it, but it shares it's name with a more recent series of block breaker titles, making mine difficult to find.

The game is Ricochet, I remember playing it between 2001-2003, when I was in middleschool. There would be a ball rolling across the field, and you place diagonal panels to move the ball around the way you want. I think you were dodging things that would destroy the ball, in an effort to put it down into the goal.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic