Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411953 Posts in 69435 Topics- by 58478 Members - Latest Member: Maiu

June 13, 2024, 08:51:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSword Face Alpha
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sword Face Alpha  (Read 581 times)
fishlicka
Level 0

(ง'̀-'́)ง

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2013, 02:20:12 AM »

Just lookin for any helpful feedback as my work on this game finally winds down to a close.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/173326ddb9b1bc92ae821097257cc277

Anything pertaining to balance and readability is super valuable to me. Story not so much. Music, definitely. I made the loops myself by little flukes in fruity loops and I'm not sure if I should invest time in actually learning how to make decent music Crazy Actually y'know anything pertaining to anything is probably helpful for a newb such as myself haha

Anyways thanks for playing and enjoy!  Beer!

Juice Galaxy ragdoll-physics rpg where you bop and eat monsters and fly.

Instagram ~ Itch.io
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 02:47:12 AM »

Hi, the music at the main menu was awesome.
The training music was really short and not very interesting.

I didn't get past the training because the flight felt too hard. The most difficult part is that if you aim downward when jet packing you dive really quick. So you end up losing height very easily and gaining height very slowly which makes it frustrating.
Also, maybe you should have some way to show when you fly up and there are no enemies, I tried to fly above the aliens to see if there is something up but there was nothing. And because there were no relative objects or texture it looked like I didn't move.

Nice idea though.

Edit: Wait, I listened to the music again of the main menu and it didn't sound as awesome as before. Funny, I thought it was more complex and longer than what I hear now...

Master of all trades.
SaintHeiser
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 11:55:29 PM »

Totally useless and wost game. Maybe main concept could be as basement of new game but now it's long-long boring game about nothing.
Also bad balanced.
Also lags as hell on levels with huge ammount of enemyes. I beat about 2/3 of game. I lose on level with worms/"facecanons" because of huge lags. Then black screen and nothing more.

One thing because I play that game for so long is awesome animation of intro-man and funny dialogs. Like Christmas level =)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 04:54:34 AM »

I only played the first few levels, but actually found this enjoyable. I liked the wild animation style of the characters, and everything from the "pshoo" sound of the rocket to the wildly undulating backgrounds of the results screen fit together to set a bizarre but consistent tone.

Your controls are really awkward, and it made me wish there was a key I could hit to turn to an upright position. I found my self flying up then spinning wildly to kill enemies. The difficulty of the early levels is low enough that I easily passed them with scarcely any damage to the planet. I have trouble imagining how later levels will be anything but wild melee in space since the unweildly nature of my main weapon doesn't seem to give me the kind of control I could get from a game like Hammerfight.

The upgrades are pretty dull looking. It'd be nice if there could be more varied upgrades like new abilities (build turrets on earth to support you, get a smart bomb upgrade, special effects like a lingering sword aura from your swings) instead of just incremental power upgrades.

If I was looking for a simple browser game to fill five minute gaps in my schedule I might play this. As it stands now, though, it's just not engrossing enough to be anything other than a brief oddity that I'll play a few levels and then never come back. That's not to say this is bad - it's just not something that appeals to me now.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic