Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:45:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPlatform.TV [Playable/WIP/HTML5]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Platform.TV [Playable/WIP/HTML5]  (Read 1587 times)
Dexiro
Level 0

Rawr

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2013, 12:46:15 PM »

A bit of background behind the development;
I picked up Construct 2 about a month ago and started messing about little ideas and themes for a platformer, and it seems to have slowly evolved into a real thing o.o

This is probably my first proper game! Before this I just made a bunch of little afternoon prototypes in Flash. Am excited :D

As it stands my game is a precision platformer with an exploration aspect to it, and a really neat/weird theme centered around TVs.

What I'm aiming for:
- Right now I just want to make a pretty solid feeling platformer, I'm constantly tweaking and changing things to try to get it to feel right.
- The scope of the game should be pretty small, most likely free, not sure if I'll venture into getting artists and stuff yet coz that seems all scary.
- If I can squish any sort of original gameplay in there I will but with this being my first full project I'm trying not to be too ambitious. Hopefully it'll go well and I can add all kinds of weird stuff!

Current Plan:
- 3 explorable worlds, with 3 "levels" in each. Each world introduces a new ability and each "level" introduces 1 or 2 new gameplay elements (moving platforms etc).

Issues to look out for:
- Only World 1 (or Channel 1) has anything on it so far. Going to World 2 or 3 will probably send you falling through the floor.
- No pause menu yet! If you reach a dead end or want to return to the main menu you'll have to refresh the page.
- Key Binding menu is semi-functional and might blow up the universe.
- Firefox seems to be a bit weird with HTML5~
- Weird programmer graphics

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1499015/HTML5/Platform.TV8/index.html

Any feedback is welcome!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:02:10 PM by Dexiro » Logged

Playtest my game Platform.TV! A cute precision platformer I'm experimenting with ~

gamepopper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 12:53:43 PM »

I've had a play of this game, it's showing itself to be a really well made platformer. So I highly recommend you follow and maybe try this out at some point.  Smiley

cyrohzin
Level 0

things go here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 05:27:10 PM »

Definitely solid feel to it, and I like the "Weird programmer graphics" issue! It gives it unique feel  Tongue

I don't know if this is a chrome bug, but the main menu buttons don't have labels.

good work so far.

Musician and game hobbyist<br />Cyrohzin.com
icoplay
Level 0

Bodacious game plugins

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 02:45:02 AM »

Nice game! I think there are a few issues that you could change to really make the game feel more fun.

The first is the controls - I think that at the moment they're a little too twitchy. The player runs unbelievably fast and the wall jumps are nearly impossible. It feels like I'm playing a slow game at double speed. There's also a bit of a funny thing going on with the jump - it doesn't feel like the actual jump action follows immediately from pressing the jump key.

The second big thing is the resolution and screen size. It's a bit daunting having such an enormous display. If you could make the screen a bit smaller or perhaps not magnify the actual bitmaps that might help.

For a first effort though it's awesome. Great work dude!
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 08:19:18 AM »

Link is 404'd.
Rayiner
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 10:41:23 AM »

Could you please fix the link?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic