Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:32:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 452968 times)
Lucs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2014, 01:28:37 PM »

Great idea  GentlemanHand Thumbs Up Right
DropVox
Level 0

DropVox Film and VGM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2014, 09:08:44 PM »

Ohhhhh man this looks awesome! Irkalla is a cool name too. Do you guys already have a musician? If not I'd LOVE to work on this project :D This style gets my dark juices flowing. There is a link to a few of my tunes on my profile. I don't want to leave it here because I really don't want to spam you with that.

Cheers,

Mike
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2014, 01:49:17 AM »

This is an idea for when you continue playing from the last check point by loading the game or after being killed. The scene will appear from a black screen, and the mc will jump into the campfire, spreading the fire and making the demons run while they burn

It's little things like this that really make a game special and memorable, I love it Smiley I feel this game has great art direction and polish already!

YetiSeekingYeti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2014, 05:23:59 AM »

This is looking sweet from the gifs, I love all the little details that have been thrown in everywhere. I'll be following this for sure Smiley
Ctarlctarl
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2014, 08:19:14 AM »

If you get an alpha or even pre-alpha out I'll buy it instantly Just for the sake of supporting the project.
millyrainbow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 02, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »

the poor demons D:
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn! >:3
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2014, 01:54:10 PM »

this art is incredible!
all those little details <3

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: March 02, 2014, 04:22:28 PM »

awesome scene, the trees are super cool, the fire animation is great!

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 03, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »

Hi everyone!  Smiley

@Lucs Thanks!

@DropVox Thank you dude!

We don't have a musician yet...and we know that at some point, we are going to need to sit down and think about this. We have been contacted by a several very talented composers with very different styles and to pick just one for us is super dificult.
It will take us some time. Also, our project is still young, and we feel that we have a lot of things to do before that. We will let you know Smiley

@Netsu Glaaaaad you like it :D:D

@YetiSeekingYeti Thank you very much dude Smiley

@Ctarlctarl ahahah That is real support SmileySmiley

@millyrainbow now, they look cute, but when you will play the game, you will hate them xD

@christopf <3 Smiley

@barneycumming Thanks man coming from an animator as you it means a lot!

Aaaaand, we have been featured in Kotaku and in the TIGSource Devlog Magazine # 15

We want to give a BIG THANK YOU from here Smiley we are very greatfull SmileySmileySmiley

Lobosolitario
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2014, 05:05:26 AM »

As someone who grew up with Battletech it seems perfectly normal for the pilot to strip off - many pilots in that universe (both male and female) tend to strip down to their briefs, because mechs get hot, and cooling gear isn't readily available. It looks like a similar case could be applied here, as the character seems to be making do with limited materials and likely doesn't have access to more sophisticated cooling gear that could fit in such a small mech.

The animation doesn't seem particularly sexualised in any way, and fits the quirky tone of the rest of the project shown so far (which looks beautiful).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:47:33 AM by Lobosolitario » Logged
Savick
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2014, 05:35:44 AM »

Just a head's up if you didn't know - you've been featured in Rock Paper Shotgun this morning.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/10/thief-story-irkalla-gifs/
ElHuervo
Level 0

ToStopYouMustDie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2014, 08:31:18 AM »

Just like Reddy I signed in for the first time to send some love your wayz.

Really digging this. I mean really. Reminds me ALOT of Another World and Heart of Darkness from the tones and the animations. Also Shadow of the Beast for some reasons.

From what I understand its very serious in its atmosphere but all the while abit silly right? I think these two are important factors in most art. As in life, dynamic creates tension and tension spurs curiosity. And this Irkalla thingy you gots going is surely spurring my curiosity.

May I ask what program or tools you are using? Is it like, Gamemaker? (if its cracked shit you dont have to say anything)

If you want my music just lemme know. 

ToStopYouMustDie
dancing_dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2014, 08:51:41 AM »

If you want my music just lemme know. 

psychedelic mech/magic metroidvania Crazy

dig your tunes big time, such a combination would be quite crazy, imo Shocked
redux
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2014, 12:26:02 PM »

As a lurker of TIGsource, who has just made an account, I would like to present you my two reasons why I made my account right now.

To say I absolutely love how your game looks. Keep up the good work.

My second reason was to tell everyone who honestly couldn't deal with panties to grow up. Seriously, you're just creating an argument for the sake of creating an argument.

I was about to do exactly the same... Gaaaawd this is getting old. I seriously wonder how these people manage to sexualise everything. For God's sake, they were ranting on about Legend of Iya looking all slutty for various nonexsistent reasons.

Can someone please show me where these people see the sexytime? I'd have loads more wanking material if I only knew their dirty tricks!
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2014, 12:37:52 PM »

Why are you so contra? I think its good that the topic came up and that we discuss about it lively. Its a serious topic and i think its way to raw discussed since look at all the female heros in most games. Sex sells and reproduces roles. I think its worth talking about it

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2014, 02:17:27 PM »

great to see this project getting coverage! 

redux
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2014, 02:40:10 PM »

It's not that I'm "so contra"... The sexual objectification of women in any form of media is not discussed seriously enough imo, even regarding the advent of the modern day valiant knight who so eagerly springs to recsue any maiden in peril on the interwebs. But injecting it into every possible suject within range isn't really fair. This is hardly the place for it either...

Honestly a bit ashamed having registered just to vent my frustration, when it should have been to praise this project. But c'mon people, here we have a (most likely) awesome game with (most definitely) amazing art, and still half of the topic is about how outrageous a few frames are. Wtf?

I'm afraid the truth is that if you instantly go into super-offended mode after seeing a little skin, even if that skin is a high class lofi representation of a female; the problem lies with you - not the media. Wizard
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:46:08 PM by redux » Logged
HellaciousPuppy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »

My god this is gorgeous! I looooooove the style, the broken blockiness, and fantastic use of shade and colour. So original and mesmerising.
Can't wait to play it.
Gimme more!!!

Shocked

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: March 11, 2014, 10:03:28 AM »

fedora fluff Wizard

Stop bringing this back up and maybe people will stop talking about it and derailing the thread

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: March 11, 2014, 10:46:03 AM »

This is so damn awesome! I love the art style and theme.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic