Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 12:31:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 452855 times)
ElHuervo
Level 0

ToStopYouMustDie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: March 11, 2014, 11:23:02 AM »

If you want my music just lemme know. 

psychedelic mech/magic metroidvania Crazy

dig your tunes big time, such a combination would be quite crazy, imo Shocked

Thx, thats what I think too =P

ToStopYouMustDie
InFlames
Level 0

Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 11, 2014, 04:02:20 PM »

Hey Irkalla devs. Couple of questions!

What tech is the game built on? (Unity, Construct 2, custom engine..)
Will you guys have beta? alpha?
Will it be a on platforms such as steam?
Are you hiring?
redux
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2014, 08:29:41 AM »

fedora fluff Wizard

Stop bringing this back up and maybe people will stop talking about it and derailing the thread

Nice constructive post, Jonah.

No get back in your whale and work on your judge of character, it's way off son...  Beer!
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2014, 09:29:41 AM »

no seriously, skydsgaard extensively addressed all the nonsense pages ago. He also very politely encouraged everyone who wanted to further discuss the topic to do so elsewhere.

Devlogs are for discussing projects, not for discussing any sort of things people might have a personal opinion about. It's beating a dead horse really, have been for quite awhile now, and a pretty off topic one too.

@Skydsgaard: I <3 the latest screens. Awesome art direction and amazing animation work, as usual. Also congrats on getting the RPS coverage  Toast Left

millyrainbow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2014, 10:32:40 AM »

If you want my music just lemme know. 

psychedelic mech/magic metroidvania Crazy

dig your tunes big time, such a combination would be quite crazy, imo Shocked

Thx, thats what I think too =P
Going off the tumblr link (which really hates my pc) on your profile page, i think i found the bandcamp.
 Listening to Don't lay waste to homes, and i must say im really digging it. I could seriously see some of this easily fitting into the game, (that and i love the jazzy feel)
Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2014, 07:35:04 AM »

this game..

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Beer!

chevkoch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2014, 03:36:32 PM »

Registered to say that I love what you've shown so far. The pixel art and the animations are fantastic. What tools/engine are you using for development?

Looking forward to see this exciting project progress.
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2014, 04:58:12 PM »

Irkalla got mentioned on IGN, even though they spelled it "Ikalla": http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/18/why-pixel-art-is-totally-awesome?abthid=5327928fe844ac686c00004d (It's in the slideshow).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:24:06 PM by Slader16 » Logged

jeandenishaas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2014, 05:20:44 PM »

Found this via IGN despite the spelling and it looks awesome! Love the menu animations as well!

Would love to make a game, but where do I find the time?!
www.jeandenis.net
ARRD-ART
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2014, 05:24:33 PM »

This looks FANTASTIC. It's like what Mike Mignola would come out with if he was a pixel artist.
SamLouix
Level 1

Solo Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2014, 04:38:08 AM »

Love the mood of these images, I'd be so happy if I could write music for this game.

I've sent you a message including my website link and samples.

Sam L. Jones

← Avatar from my  Healing Process: Tokyo. 3 years in so far. Daily dev-log is here. I have advice for composers looking for work, join here, I'll tell you.
Cakeypigdog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2014, 12:58:01 AM »

Hi guys!

I just wanted to say that stumbling across your game made me very happy last night.  It is so close to something I have been toying with myself:) Brilliant stuff. I LOVE your gif where she drops her clothes to jump into the mech Smiley

It also led me to this community which I hope to get a lot out of through our next dev cycle.  We are also a two man team and just put out our first game. We did so with no community interaction until the end and I wish we had put it out there more as we were making it.  

If you are interested you can see my work at www.jakegumbleton.com.  I cannot wait to see where you guys take this, so excited about it!

Cheers
Jake

Edit: I  removed link to my idea/devlog. I was in no way trying to 'plug' anything, I have no need to. Apologies if that was bad etiquette, as I said above seeing your game on tumblr is what made me start an account here.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:00:23 AM by Cakeypigdog » Logged
Runefrog
Level 0

Hear me roar~

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2014, 02:37:04 AM »

It's so frustrating to see people plugging their own games on another dev log. How is that showing support for Irkalla?
Cakeypigdog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2014, 06:04:02 AM »

Runefrog: I removed the link to my devlog. Did not realise there was anything wrong with doing that.  I was not attempting to plug anything and was legitimately  reaching out to someone who's work excites me a lot.  Apologies!
Runefrog
Level 0

Hear me roar~

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2014, 06:39:26 AM »

It's not me who deserves the apology, but I'm grateful that you've done the right thing.  My Word! Gentleman
phi6
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2014, 06:47:29 AM »

Removed mine too - this should be about the amazing game here!

TinyKeep is now on Steam!
@phi6
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2014, 11:22:58 AM »

Hi everyone!   Smiley

@Lobosolitario
oh dude, I always wanted to play Battletech when I was a kid, but the shops never brought it to my town, only Warhammer Fantasy and 40k Y_Y.
But years later, I could buy the Mechwarriors 3, man...I couldn't stop playing it, so awesome game... <3<3

Thanks for the support!

@Savick
Thank you for the heads-up! We were very lucky that the managing editor of RPS, Graham Smith, contacted us to feature our project together with the awsome game Tiny Thieft (Miguelito's art is truely amazing bwt). We are really thankfull for that :-)

@Elhuervo

Thanks for signing in! Your love is really welcome SmileySmiley

For the art, I use Photoshop, graphics and animations Smiley and the engine has been fully created from zero using OpenGL by @dhontecillas

It's soon for the music but we will let you know when we decide something. Thanks for the offer!

@dancing_dead
ahah, we will see Wink

@redux

Hi! thanks for the support redux!!! SmileySmiley  I would like to think that we have left that behind us already xD

@christopf

I think its worth talking about it

Sure, In fact I think it deserves a new and exclusive thread only for that :D

@barneycumming

What is great, is to see CRAWL reaching the greenlight in just on day! Totally awesome! All my admiration and congratulations for the good job! I'm going to make all my friends buy it >D which will be easy.

@HellaciousPuppy

Glad you like it!! more soon! Gentleman

@Hangedman
Stop bringing this back up

yep, we dream about that day Smiley

@Desiderata

welcome! Glad you like it

@InFlames

hey!
-Custom engine OpenGl based
-nop, no alpha yet, we are just starting Smiley
-Steam for sure, we love it
-Nop, we are just two friends seeing how far this could go,we don't even have a company nor the money to pay someone (relax musicians, we are putting a budget together just for you Smiley

@Bandreus

Hi! Thanks for the support! Amazing work bringing the TIG Devlog Magazine back! SmileySmiley

@millyrainbow
ahah looks like @Elhuervo is winning fans! Wink

@Greg Sargeant

Thanks!! It's crazy the amount of games that you have developed.
SpookyRapids is hilarious ahah I really enjoyed it :D

@chevkoch

Welcome! thanks for joining us Smiley

Custom engine OpenGL based and Photoshop ^_^

@Slader16

Thanks for letting us know Smiley

@jeandenishaas Thanks a lot dude

@ARRD-ART

Wooohooooo that was a big compliment ahah, There are no words which can expres my love for Mignola's work, so...Thanks! (btw, happy 20th anniversary Hellboy Smiley

@SamLewisJones Thank you!  At some point, we are going to start thinking about the music, but it's still soon  Smiley we will let you know.

@Cakeypigdog awesome stuff!!, good luck with your project! Smiley

@phi6 yeah! Because TinyKeep.

@Runefrog hey dude! Glad to see you here Smiley. Waiting for your devlog  Wink

Soooo, a lot of things have happened, we have been featured in RPS, IGN and Indeorama
We are soooooo happy SmileySmileySmiley, from here a huge THANK YOU!!

Now, the update, @dhontecillas has been working on the paralax implementation, multipass render and transparencies. And we finally have dynamic loading of the level as the mc aproaches unloaded parts done.

Here is a little test, also the presentation of a new unit Smiley hope you like it

Have a nice weekend!:)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 01:12:21 PM by Skydsgaard » Logged

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2014, 11:53:39 AM »

Oh that looks so fucking sweet.

_rephil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2014, 12:39:04 PM »

Looking insanely good. The way the ground comes into the foreground, so cool!

Cakeypigdog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2014, 12:44:32 PM »

oh man. You guys are killing me.  That cheeky dof blur on the floor at the front is such an incredible touch.  Love it!  Thanks for the kind words about my work too Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic