Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:45:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 452796 times)
Norble2
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 08:00:05 AM »

So, your project is amazing. It's looks really cool. I want to help. I can draw sprites. But without animations, it's my bad. Sad
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 08:06:07 AM »

Nice pixel art. Wink

AleHitti
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 08:18:25 AM »

I have to say I love the animations for the pinkish dude! Really smooth in such low resolution, which is impressive Smiley I still think the logo is hard to read and it's fine if you use it as a logo, but it shouldn't be the way you portray your name. Normal fonts work a lot better than cryptic ones. The most difficult to read letters for me are the R and the K.

Great work! Keep it up! I want to see some gameplay footage soon Smiley

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 06:23:19 PM »

Woooo-hooo, this looks incredible!

Zaxuhe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »

The art is amazing! love it
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2013, 10:53:01 AM »

Hi everyone! Smiley

Wall of text is coming  Embarrassed

About criticism. One can only gain by listening to other people's opinions, but I suggest filtering out anything that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Specially art related opinions, because these are very subjective.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, people might be wrong! even if they mean well Tongue (I'm not addressing anyone here, by the way)

Yep, I totally agree with you. But when you have enough people telling you to change the same thing, or when they give you a proper explanation to why they think that way instead of just saying "I don’t like this"..., the filtering becomes easier.

In these forums there are crazy talented people, and we are very lucky to receive their feedback so that we can improve our game.

So, your project is amazing. It's looks really cool. I want to help. I can draw sprites. But without animations, it's my bad. Sad

Hi!! Sorry for the late reply, I would have liked to have answered your two private mails that you already sent me but we are pretty busy these days, as you can see ^^

To start with, thanks a lot for your interest in our game Smiley

Right now, we are 2 people in the team and we would like to keep it that way, for now. It is more manageble and challenging.

You are probably a very talented person with a lot of enthusiasm to work on these kinds of projects but take this as a small piece of advice: a link to a portfolio helps a lot.

I still think the logo is hard to read and it's fine if you use it as a logo, but it shouldn't be the way you portray your name. Normal fonts work a lot better than cryptic ones. The most difficult to read letters for me are the R and the K.

First I want to say, just the other day, I discovered your devlog thread and I loved it :D, so well done pixel art, super clean, and the animations are really good too, gz! :D

About the logo, yep, we know it's dificult to read. But if you can figure it out already the first time, you will totally succeed the next one Smiley that is kind of the thing we are trying to do here. We think the tiny indie games, like ours, can take the risk that not everybody can read it, because most of the people that are going to play it, already know the name.

It is not the same "encrypting" concept that we want, but the easiest example that I can think of is black metal bands. In most of their cases, you cannot tell all the letters of the logo, but only by knowing the shape, you know what band it is, because you might have heard or read about it.

But you are right, for sure normal fonts work a lot better. There is no discussion about that. It’s just we don’t think that "normal" is a positive thing for our logo. (no offence, I like your logo, and for me it’s easy to recognise it. I think about your game just seeing something yellow with a sword behind it, I don’t need to go F+R+O.... ah?, ah? Wink

For sure, we are going to modify the "I", thanks to the fact that many have given us the same "I/T"-feedback and we think it’s easy to make it more readable without losing too much of the essence. Regarding the "R" and the "K" … we will see.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and for giving me the opportunity to explain more about the logo.

Thanks a lot for the nice comments!! It's easier to work after reading them Grin

BigDaveisCheap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2013, 06:49:31 AM »

Looks really promising at this early stage.

Adding it to my shortlist of logs I follow. I hope to feature it on an upcoming episode of my video series on devlogs I am launching in October.

FireFlower
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2013, 11:44:23 AM »

Hey, looks cool!  Hand Thumbs Up Right
draconiansolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2013, 11:54:55 AM »

This looks so good!
can't wait to see it working!
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2013, 02:56:17 PM »

Subscribing. The pixel art is so smooth and fluid. Finish the game :D
shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2013, 08:13:01 AM »

! awesome

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »

That dark pixely style...rocks!  Beer!
panicBarn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2013, 01:23:57 PM »

It really does look a bit special. Great stuff.

Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2013, 01:29:01 PM »

Reminds me of another world

premonster
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2013, 11:23:54 AM »

News, please?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2013, 11:27:14 AM »

News, please?
the federal reserve is keeping its economic stimulus programme at their current level, but in lighter news starbucks has asked their customers to stop bringing guns into their coffee shops, it intimidates the apple devices in their native environment
dhontecillas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2013, 11:48:47 AM »

Hi everyone!

I’m the coder of this project. I've been "in silence" for a long time, since I've been working on some very basic stuff that didn't result in anything visible. But today I want to show you the first test moves of our main character in the game:

The tileset is a placeholder, and the jumping demon is also work in progress, so … don't stare at them too much ! hehehe.

So, nothing else for now, I hope to have more in-game stuff to show you soon.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2013, 01:49:18 PM »

please disregard this callous troll, i can find no mention of this so called "news" on cnn, fox, the las vegas review journal, chow hound's top burger's blog, my fetid brown urine, the loose association of artisan bakeries in paris where i disseminate classified phil fish intel, or the associated press newswire
premonster
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2013, 10:02:24 AM »

Too bad you didn't kept it tactical, it was unique... :/
dhontecillas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2013, 02:03:19 PM »

The video does not reflect any actual gameplay, it is only a technical demo. There will be an important tactical component in the game (but not turn-based if is that what you expected). 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic