Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:26:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 452953 times)
Snowbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: April 14, 2016, 04:20:08 PM »

Made this account because of this game!
TheArtistJiii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 15, 2016, 11:43:40 AM »

Good luck with development. Toast Right

"I'm Jiii" -Jiii
NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 17, 2016, 06:34:12 AM »

YAY!!

ENDESGA
Level 2

Located on the first galaxy in the Heptaverse.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #583 on: April 23, 2016, 03:34:00 AM »

Separating Axis Theorem Collisions Using Logic & Bullet-Time

I could honestly explain how I did this for hours. So I'll make it super simple for the sake of this DevLog.
You can define a rectangle by 2 points; the top-left and the bottom-right.

Let's say we're going right, this means we check if the nearest solid's top-left is less than or equal to the player's bottom-right + the speed. If true, you make the player's bottom-right the solid's top-left x-coordinate:

Once we have that, we can use the same rule for both sides, and both axis. Add a bit of gravity each step to the vertical-speed, and add a chunk when we jump... BAM!

So with that in mind, we can easily alter the speeds and accelerations. Meaning bullet-time is actually easier than you may think with this system!

And there we have it! Did I mention that this system is completely independent from pixels? All the checks are mathematical, making it SUPER efficient!

now, on to slopes...

Make sure you Follow me on TWITTER for Development Updates for IRKALLA!

-EDG
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:33:48 PM by ENDESGA » Logged

TWITTER    |    NYKRA DEVLOG
maxl
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #584 on: April 23, 2016, 04:39:47 AM »

now, on to slopes...
Good luck, slopes suck!  Wink

Currently:

Released games: Nubs' Adventure | Rico
NineTattooedDragons
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #585 on: April 23, 2016, 08:58:23 AM »

I'm loving the art for this. It's really atmospheric.

ShuyanSaga.com/
Zandra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 23, 2016, 12:16:45 PM »

Looking good! This'll look even better with the art in place.

Just a guy who likes making games and wishes he could art better. Learning, though! Practice makes perfect!
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #587 on: April 23, 2016, 03:38:42 PM »

That reminds me of when I created my engine for the first few StickMan Sam games.  It's fine if you keep things simple. Once you add slopes and other features, there'll be a more things to consider.  For example, a simple rectangle won't be sufficient because if you stop on a slope, your character will appear hovering.  Depending on how you account for gravity, your character may start sliding.  etc...  Fun stuff!  Wink

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 24, 2016, 03:04:22 AM »

So glad for your support dudes <3<3

A fast update; This week, I have been working on the mc animations. A little advice; it is a really bad idea to design asymmetrical characters, don’t do it xD. Here are all the states of both sides, right and left (deaths are pending). I am not 100% happy with the left shoulder armor in some frames, most probably I will re-do this, but for now it’s fine.

Here are 2 new attacks for the demon hulk

And finally, I have been sketching and working on new mech designs (they are not ready yet to show you) but I have definitely realized that the bigmama design compared to the “no-that-big” mechs, has a lack of detail problem (since the smaller ones have little space to put pieces on them, it looks really detailed with only a few elements). So, I decided to add more stuff to the old design, that means that I have to add this to all the animations that I already didxD but I think it is worth it.

That’s it for now, hope you liked it and now back to work Smiley

Thirteen
Level 0

@i_am_thirteen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #589 on: April 24, 2016, 06:12:32 AM »

I love the animations Kiss

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #590 on: April 24, 2016, 11:30:21 AM »

A little advice; it is a really bad idea to design asymmetrical characters, don’t do it xD.
I agree. Smiley

In some cases, you can sort of get away with it - e.g if you only show the character from the side.  Then when changing direction it's not as apparent or illusion breaking that the arms/hands aren't changed.  However, now that I'm moving to 3d, I don't think I'll go back to that kind of 2d type gfx any more. It might take more to create models but creating animations is much simpler and faster. Wink

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #591 on: April 24, 2016, 11:38:48 AM »

Really excited about this being back on the road guys, what a team as well <3

Cristiano Vitorino
« Reply #592 on: April 24, 2016, 12:55:35 PM »

Found it while surfing the net, don't know if the devs are aware of this: http://item-shop.tumblr.com/post/84850665825/the-main-character-from-the-wip-indie-game
An Irkalla cosplay!  Smiley

I stumbled upon what I think is the same cosplayer, but in deviantART haha http://glasmond.deviantart.com/art/Irkalla-Cosplay-473269163

ENDESGA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #593 on: April 24, 2016, 02:01:00 PM »

Found it while surfing the net, don't know if the devs are aware of this: http://item-shop.tumblr.com/post/84850665825/the-main-character-from-the-wip-indie-game
An Irkalla cosplay!  Smiley

I stumbled upon what I think is the same cosplayer, but in deviantART haha http://glasmond.deviantart.com/art/Irkalla-Cosplay-473269163

WOAH! That's amazing!  Hand Thumbs Up Left  Shocked Hand Thumbs Up Right

bbtombo
Level 1

lvl 2 spellcaster

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 24, 2016, 04:22:52 PM »

Ah!! So glad you guys are back. Just commenting to make sure I'm following Shocked)

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: May 10, 2016, 09:11:10 AM »

... and then the moving and rotating platforms. Grin  Oh, the joy!

ENDESGA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: May 15, 2016, 06:57:42 PM »

Hey guys!

So, as you all know, Skyd and I decided to try and team up to continue the game's development. Initially, I was so excited that I forgot what Skyd actually wanted in the game.
Skydsgaard has a very clear vision of Irkalla as a game, and his vision is absolutely amazing. Though, despite my best efforts, I could not reach a certain level of quality that he wanted. Irkalla as a concept has very specific features, some of which involved complex Artificial Intellegence - which I for one just simply could not do to a full extent. This is because in my time of developing NYKRA, I spent about half of it practicing my skills in art. So though my programming skills are refined, I guess he was wanting someone who could do more than just a fantastic platform engine   Hand PencilGiggle

Skyd and I will always remain friends, but if he is to create the game the way he envisioned it, I told him I could no longer be the programmer.
It's incredibly sad, and I'm definitely feeling down that it had to come to this. But hey, these things happen Smiley
I also deleted my latest posts - since they gave a false position of the game's development process.

If anyone who is very capable in programming, and can help Skydsgaard with Irkalla - do not be afraid to contact him. But be in mind, he needs someone who can cover all features of the game; things like Shaders, AI, Networking, etc. So if you can program really well, flick him an e-mail or PM  Hand Thumbs Up Right

I wish you all well,
-ENDESGA

p.s. I will still be continuing development of NYKRA
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:04:28 PM by ENDESGA » Logged

Zandra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 15, 2016, 09:27:46 PM »

Hey guys!

So, as you all know, Skyd and I decided to try and team up to continue the game's development. Initially, I was so excited that I forgot what Skyd actually wanted in the game.
Skydsgaard has a very clear vision of Irkalla as a game, and his vision is absolutely amazing. Though, despite my best efforts, I could not reach a certain level of quality that he wanted. Irkalla as a concept has very specific features, some of which involved complex Artificial Intellegence - which I for one just simply could not do to a full extent. This is because in my time of developing NYKRA, I spent about half of it practicing my skills in art. So though my programming skills are refined, I guess he was wanting someone who could do more than just a fantastic platform engine   Hand PencilGiggle

Skyd and I will always remain friends, but if he is to create the game the way he envisioned it, I told him I could no longer be the programmer.
It's incredibly sad, and I'm definitely feeling down that it had to come to this. But hey, these things happen Smiley
I also deleted my latest posts - since they gave a false position of the game's development process.

If anyone who is very capable in programming, and can help Skydsgaard with Irkalla - do not be afraid to contact him. But be in mind, he needs someone who can cover all features of the game; things like Shaders, AI, Networking, etc. So if you can program really well, flick him an e-mail or PM  Hand Thumbs Up Right

I wish you all well,
-ENDESGA

p.s. I will still be continuing development of NYKRA

I already contacted him a while ago, but things didn't go down well. My offer is still standing if he needs a last resort!
It's sad you couldn't do what he needed, but things happen. With this all here, I think he'll have enough motivation to keep the project going!

Just a guy who likes making games and wishes he could art better. Learning, though! Practice makes perfect!
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #598 on: May 16, 2016, 12:29:45 AM »

Sad news... It's really the kind of project I would love to work on but I'm a bit busy right now... :/ Good luck!

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 16, 2016, 02:12:06 AM »

Well guys.. I am still a bit surprised, because I was notified just a few hours ago, but yeah, shit happens and I am back to square one. New record for me in development team duration. Sometimes you make the mistake of letting illusion and passion drive you in wrong directions and make bad decisions. But yeah, I am not trying to make Minecraft meet Skyrim pixel art version, but I am not making Tetris or Super Mario Bros either. So the game can feel a bit complex for some persons.

I am trying to continue being positive and to think that it is better that this happened now and not in 5 months, with a lot of more time and effort wasted. And I have also learned from this situation a lot ...

Right now, I feel a bit disappointed and demotivated. But I have been working on it for a while, so I have decided to keep trying my best to make this thing real.

One more time dudes; thank you all from the bottom of my heart for still being interested in Irkalla.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic