Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411925 Posts in 69433 Topics- by 58480 Members - Latest Member: panelo

June 11, 2024, 05:12:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEthereal - On Hiatus
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Author Topic: Ethereal - On Hiatus  (Read 48320 times)
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »

Mini-Update: 10/01/14

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. I've been traveling and there isn't much to talk about currently. I've been doing prep work for the kickstarter. We're slightly behind schedule in the art department, but that's okay because it turns out we won't need the art done for the trailer until next week anyway. Currently the artist is working on the animation for the hell void snapping shut on the player after sucking him in.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2014, 07:22:33 PM »

Mini-Update: 10/03/14

For screenshot saturday, we have the hell void's jaws snapping shut!

In-game that image will be overlayed on top of the void and snap shut when after the player is sucke into the void.

DarthBenedict
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2014, 10:48:18 PM »

Looks good.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2014, 11:16:22 PM »

fucking shit myself

fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2014, 07:46:22 AM »

The artist just sent me the pocket watch memento sprite and holy shit!
I'm so impressed with it! It seriously looks 3D to me.

Very impressive!
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: October 04, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »

Thanks guys! Smiley

fucking shit myself
^ My new favorite comment.

Second place goes to "Hovy chit! That's shocked!" on indiedb.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »

Mini-Update: 10/06/14

Hey guys, been insanely busy preparing for kickstarter. Been talking with press, working on the trailer, working on the page itself, etc. In news, we've decided to launch a steam greenlight page at the same time we launch the kickstarter! The artist has been pumping out environment art like crazy and its drastically improved the look of the cemetery area.

Also, the artist drew a one-frame transition for when the player changes the direction he's facing. I thought it would be a very small difference, but the results shocked me. The difference is very noticeable to me and makes it look so much smoother. Here is an example gif:

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »

Mini-Update: 10/07/14

We are officially art complete for the trailer! So, I began recording.... then I found out this laptop is not good enough to record the game at 60fps. So, my brother is recording the trailer footage today and tomorrow. Then I'll edit it all together. After getting some feedback from other developers, I'll make small tweaks then send it to the composer so that he can compose a new song specifically for it!

Meanwhile the artist is working on some art for the kickstarter page itself, and I'll be doing a lot of press-related stuff the next week. If you're press, email me! [email protected]

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2014, 07:56:05 PM »

Mini-Update: 10/08/14

Today has been... awesome. Yesterday I was very worried about a lot of stuff. I was unsure if the trailer footage would turn out right and have solid framerate and I was nervous about an interview I had scheduled. Well today, the interview went fantastic! Then I got all the trailer footage from my brother and its all 1080p 60fps and perfectly done! Editing the trailer together now. To top it all off, the artist sent me some great new art in preparation for the kickstarter. I'll show you one of them!

Here is the new title art, animated for the trailer (and other promotional materials):

The animated 'e' is meant to have the same or similar ethereal flames that the player character has.

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2014, 02:08:33 AM »

The games looking great. Loving the pocketwatch gif at the top of this page Smiley I like the logo, but Im not sure about the style of the animated effect, it looks different to the rest of the logo... It looks a little too clean and Graphic designy, whilst the name is scratchy and hand drawn... (but this is a minor concern from an artists perspective) It looks good for promo trailers and Kickstarter stuff

If you need Retweets and posts about stuff when the kickstarter goes live give me a shout....

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: October 09, 2014, 11:32:53 AM »

That was originally my thought when he showed me the work in progress, but I'm really happy with the end result.

EDIT: Also, I'll definitely give you a shout!

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: October 09, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »

Mini-Update: 10/09/14

Another amazing day. I've never made a trailer before, so I was very worried it wouldn't turn out well. All day I've been editing the footage and getting feedback on it from other developers. In my opinion, it's turned out really well. I've now sent it to the composer and he will be composing a song specifically for it. The song used for it will be a reworked version of a song already in our soundtrack "Lost Cause". It's my favorite song on the soundtrack and the sadness, darkness and drama of it is perfect for the trailer.

Tomorrow I'll be working on setting up the steam greenlight page and I'll be putting together a press list.

The artist made some pixel text for the end of the trailer and has been working on a pie chart for the kickstarter budget breakdown.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: October 11, 2014, 08:08:33 AM »

Mini-Update: 10/11/14

Sorry I don't have anything for screenshot saturday guys! The kickstarter is in three days though!  Shocked

I worked more on the trailer. We have the music done for it and it fits perfectly. I managed to sync the visuals up with the audio pretty well. Any changes I make now will be very small. The trailer when I launch the kickstarter and greenlight campaigns.

The artist has been working on 3 things: The Logo for Despawn (my company), the "Now on kickstarter" banner and the greenlight banner. Here's the concept art for the first of those:

Today and tomorrow I'm organizing my press list. I have about 600 press to sort through and decide if I should email them when the kickstarter launches. So far my press list is 72 long. If you're press, email me: [email protected]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:58:29 AM by Thomas Finch » Logged

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2014, 02:14:43 PM »

Mini-Update: 10/12/14

Only two days until the kickstarter! If you're planning on backing, please stay tuned! The first day is really important for a campaign so I'm hoping we can get a lot the first day. If you can't back but want to help, just spread the word! I should be doing a twitter giveaway as well. By that I mean, I would tweet about the kickstarter and anyone who follows me and retweets will get a chance to win a free game (not my game, a different game).

The trailer has been finalized and is ready to go.

Also, the company logo is done, check it out!

Click for wallpaper ready size (1920x1080).

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: October 13, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »

Only 21 hours until the kickstarter and greenlight campaigns launch!

Thunderhorse
Level 1

http://laserfury.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: October 13, 2014, 04:04:42 PM »

Good luck! We'll be backing for sure.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: October 13, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »

Good luck! We'll be backing for sure.

Thank you! Smiley

I'm super nervous but very hopeful and excited as well.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2014, 09:25:11 AM »

3 hours, 36 minutes until the kickstarter launches! (I may be getting a little anxious if you can't tell)

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2014, 11:02:42 AM »

You got this meyyyyn!

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2014, 01:00:10 PM »