Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:18:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGuild of Dungeoneering [now out on iOS and Android too!]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Guild of Dungeoneering [now out on iOS and Android too!]  (Read 88828 times)
0x0961h
Level 2

Quantum Demon

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 20, 2014, 11:00:57 PM »

What do you think?
I think it's a great idea. Will this additional info reveal after player's click on card name?

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: July 20, 2014, 11:49:44 PM »

I'm going to have it roll up as soon as you hover the mouse over the card. If that doesn't feel right then maybe on click or similar. That said hover doesn't work for touch devices, so it will have to be different there..

spinaljack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2014, 03:33:12 AM »

Love the paper cut out style but the constant grey and white background might get dull after a while.
Well done on getting greenlit!

0x0961h
Level 2

Quantum Demon

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2014, 03:42:22 AM »

I'm going to have it roll up as soon as you hover the mouse over the card.
Ah, I see, got it.

If that doesn't feel right then maybe on click or similar.
It's, actually, ok, though it can be distracting if I move my mouse over the card without desire to read info... Well, so I think, it should be (for sure) tested.

That said hover doesn't work for touch devices, so it will have to be different there...
Something like "swipe up" gesture?

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: July 22, 2014, 03:42:15 AM »

Nice idea on swipe up. Touch and hold I've also seen as a good way to do this kind of thing..

Here's what Fred sketched up before he made that card animation. I love all the pen drawings in his little sketchbook!

0x0961h
Level 2

Quantum Demon

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 22, 2014, 04:36:18 AM »

Nice idea on swipe up. Touch and hold I've also seen as a good way to do this kind of thing..
Yeah, it'd be more... um... natural?.. for touch devices owners. Touch and hold can do the thing too, actually, especially for those with little displays to avoid finger-pixel-hunting.

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2014, 07:29:06 AM »

I'm going to be appearing on the ReadyUpTV show in about 2 hours from now to talk about crowdfunding + innovative mechanics in games. http://www.twitch.tv/readyuptv

Tune in later on if you like!

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2014, 10:03:28 AM »

Live NOW:
http://www.twitch.tv/readyuptv

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: July 22, 2014, 01:36:33 PM »

Been working on the new design for cards. With so much more space for the image I can use a bigger version; I think it looks much better this way. We've also finally tidied up how room tiles appear on cards: they were a bit nasty looking previously.

Up next need to animate them to show the text mode on hover

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: July 24, 2014, 09:48:49 AM »

Update: v0.6.25 July 24th

Changes since the last version
- new card fronts, with far bigger art and the name only on the scroll at the bottom. Will be adding a hover mode to these later where the scroll flips to the top, the art is hidden, and extra text is shown with the stats & flavour text
- discard buttons replaced with much tidier X button just at the bottom of each card
- text saying 'play or discard X cards' now has a nice little scroll background and eases in/out when appropriate
- new card back art w/ scroll that matches fronts
- room/corridor cards now look less blurred and have a nice little outline
- card positioning much tighter

Play this version:
Browser (Flash)
Installable (AIR)

As a comparison, this is what the cards looked like before this:

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2014, 08:20:16 AM »

Coming soon: Dread Meter!

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2014, 04:56:51 AM »

Fred's been working on some custom sound effects. Check out all the props!!

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: August 02, 2014, 09:38:24 AM »

Update: v0.6.26 Aug 2nd

- DREAD METER at the top right replaces old (boring) dread number
- each turn the dread meter has a slight chance to pop up by 1. This starts at about 50% chance and increases slowly over time
- any time you PLACE a monster, if that monster's dread cost (at top right of card) equals or beats the current dread meter value the dread meter drops by one. So you can keep the dread meter down by placing monsters that are as hard or harder than its current value
- any time the dread meter is at 3+ there is a chance of BAD THINGS (100% chance at level 5). The first bad thing I've coded is monsters moving by themselves. Anyone have any other suggestions for BAD THINGS?
- hope/glory totals now positioned down near the stat sheet and have a little scroll background
- player sprite on the stat sheet no longer has the blue token background and thusly looks 120% better
- it is also a nice big version of the hero sprite! 140% nicer!

Let me know if you find any odd behaviour related to the new dread meter or monster movement!

Play this version:
Browser (Flash)
Installable (AIR)

kingdinosaurgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: August 02, 2014, 01:46:08 PM »

Greatly appreciate the enhanced card size, and I really can't wait until this game is complete - it is brimming with potential and based on your continued involvement with the community here I know it's going to reach it.

0x0961h
Level 2

Quantum Demon

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 03, 2014, 10:20:10 AM »

Just started and wanted to ask a question (sorry forwards, if it was already asked and answered). Is this okay?

Player moved, but bubbles don't, so I got this... situation.

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: August 04, 2014, 03:51:03 AM »

Nice find, nope that shouldn't be happening!

Sabaku
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2014, 04:02:11 AM »

First of all I really really liked the gameplay. Very addicting and stuff Hand Any Key

But I don't like the sounds all all. The "voice" of the hero gets very annoying in my opinion. especially if you play two or three rounds in a row.

Nevertheless, cool art style and cool gameplay. Keep going!

Smithfield
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2014, 08:15:52 AM »

Hello,

I've just bought your game from your site. I made my decision right after playing the demo (was one of the most convincing I've played)
When I saw you had a TIG devlog** I dediced I'll come by to show you my support to your awesome concept (so pleased by its simplicity and efficiency).

so: CHEEEEERS Smiley

- Smithfield (http://steamcommunity.com/id/smithfield/) (OSX User)

**Was so complicated so sign in onto TIG (few days ago for Sunset's Tale of Tales), I definitely want to use my account
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:21:22 AM by Smithfield » Logged

No Hope, No Cure, No Problem
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2014, 09:37:50 AM »

Thanks so much Smithfield!!  Beer!

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: August 14, 2014, 07:10:55 AM »

Update: v0.6.27 Aug 14th

- SOUND EFFECTS REVAMP! a lot of people complain about the SFX, which have mostly been there as placeholders for over a year!! So Fred has started recording some custom sounds for the game and I've started adding them. Let us know what you think!
- new sound effects for all equipment & treasure, UI clicks, pencil scribbles, paper shuffling etc. (sounds not yet recorded for hero & monster chatter, that will be added shortly)
- battle screen much improved: now uses large version of hero & monster sprites and (finally) sequences attacks according to speed. This always happened under the hood but now attacks are properly shown one at a time, with a sprite bulge and sound effect to emphasise who's doing what.
- pathing line effect limited to max 10 highlights (if your dungeon was very big before this took too long), and they are shown in random order now

Play this version:
Browser (Flash)
Installable (AIR)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic