Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 07:17:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGreedy Guns - Gunstar Heroes + metroidvania (4y in the making. Coming Sept 1st!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Greedy Guns - Gunstar Heroes + metroidvania (4y in the making. Coming Sept 1st!  (Read 33849 times)
mirrorfish
Level 1

?!?! ... It's just a box.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2014, 08:10:07 AM »

This is looking great dude! Really impressive art work, love the colors and the weird aliens, very lush.  Video looks very nice and juicy, love all the blood and particles and coins flying around.  One thing I might tweak is making the dead aliens look more squashed or dead. It was a bit unclear when that first enemy died that he was dead since he continued to sit there.  The movement and player moves and animation look nice and inviting.  I think you're on a great track here, good luck!

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2014, 08:48:30 AM »

I've been following this since the beginning and everytime I see an update I get more impressed. It looks superb. Any chance to test it??
migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2014, 12:52:47 PM »

I've been following this since the beginning and everytime I see an update I get more impressed. It looks superb. Any chance to test it??

Of course! We're just trying to finish a 30 minute demo. First close friends will test it. Then we'll share it with other devs and then, after all the feedback has been processed into a perfect game(yeah right...), with players!

So if you don't mind waiting for the second round Smiley Thank you so much for following our progress. 

This is looking great dude!(...) It was a bit unclear when that first enemy died that he was dead since he continued to sit there.  The movement and player moves and animation look nice and inviting.  I think you're on a great track here, good luck!

Yeah, still haven't nailed the dead enemies... Already changed them twice and they still look like they're alive Tongue need to be more aggressive in my changes.

Thank you all so much for the feedback. It's really really helps me continue to stay motivated  Coffee

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2014, 10:30:16 AM »

Opened up the week with some ships. Needed one for the first level of the demo. This is what I came up with.

I wanted an old looking ship. Beat-up. It even has a fender Tongue Because our anti-heroes are not just greedy, they are cheap as well.

And this is a mockup of the thing in-game.

And to think the day started with some crappy sketches.

I made more of these. Just copying spaceships from google and trying to get the right shape. Also looking at old Sedans for some reason. And Akira Toriyama ships Smiley

What do you think?

On STEAM »
Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2014, 11:57:20 AM »

Hey this game looks sweet. Does it require a mouse or are controllers supported?

The ships - something about this one doesn't fit. Maybe it's the palette selection? The whole ship feels out of place, not just old.

[edit] And why is the ship's window on the back? Or is that the front?

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2014, 11:33:42 PM »

Hey this game looks sweet. Does it require a mouse or are controllers supported?

The ships - something about this one doesn't fit. Maybe it's the palette selection? The whole ship feels out of place, not just old.

[edit] And why is the ship's window on the back? Or is that the front?

you can play it with a controller or mouse and keyboard.

That is the front... It's the second time someone mentions it so there's definitely some confusion there. Will try to fix it when I go back to it. Right now it's just one big asset, can't even animate it Tongue

Thank you for taking the time to comment and help me out :D

On STEAM »
Derqs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2014, 05:33:53 AM »

man, you are an amazing artist!

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2014, 05:44:43 AM »

man, you are an amazing artist!

Or you might be crazy person to think so! Smiley Really, thanks! It means a lot.

On STEAM »
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2014, 10:36:35 PM »

RATATATATATATATTATATATTATAT.... Keep it up! *BooM*

atmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2014, 10:41:19 AM »

Wow, those are some impressive art assets. Great work.

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2014, 02:35:35 PM »

Wow, those are some impressive art assets. Great work.

Thanks!

Been working on the boss. A lot of games are being played (as research of course) and a lot of let's plays being seen.

So, after deciding on the design and scale I got to trying the creature out, seeing if it all fits the level. A quick mockup animation of many.

Wish me luck

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2014, 01:54:32 AM »

I've no idea how I forgot to post this... We made this video for Amaze fest, so we could show Greedy Guns in under a minute to people.

The Elevator Pitch Video

So, what do you think?

The First Boss (WIP)

I've been working on the first boss now. Place holder animations and art. No point in details now. It's all about making a fun challenge and a good flow.

Had to do a flowchart (which I really hate). It was already extremely useful in making sure I didn't forget any asset or animation state. Afonso (the programmer) isn't going to thank me for that but he'll fell grateful I'm sure Tongue

On STEAM »
pnch
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2014, 07:59:05 AM »

Looking nice! I love the boss´s design.
My arm hurts after seing the video though, it would be nice to see the shooting arm relaxing and flowing with the player while running, etc if you haven´t fired for about 2 secs, since there´s already a cursor to know where you´d be firing.

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2014, 08:32:12 AM »

Thanks! Yeah, with the controller it goes into an idle state without the crossair but with the mouse it is always pointing. We need to fix that.

On STEAM »
Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2014, 08:36:04 AM »

Just realized this has an Earthworm Jim vibe. Is that how controller-controls work (like it did in Earthworm Jim) or is still target based like the mouse version?

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2014, 08:43:52 AM »

Controller is the best controller scheme in the universe. Maybe. Maybe not. It's kinda hardcore.

-left stick to move
-right stick to aim
-right trigger to shoot
and wait for it...
-left trigger to jump

No A jumping cause we want you to be able to jump and aim at the same time. If jumping is A then the right thumb has to get of the aiming thumbstick. It takes about 3 levels to get used to it, and 20 to master, but when you do... It feels awesome :D

On STEAM »
Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2014, 09:13:03 AM »

Oh okay. I imagine that would also motivate you to keep playing to improve your new controller skills - it would be an extra little reward for continuing the game. Sweet.

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2014, 02:17:57 PM »

Let me do a quick recap of the week. It's been hectic.

1.I've been making decorations and other art related stuff to make the demo look crisper. Here's a screenshot from 3 months ago and one taken today.

2.Afonso has been implementing the boss battle.

3.I've did some studies on alien rock building and got to this totem miniboss Tongue

There's loads more stuff added but honestly I can't take the time and stop adding stuff to show stuff.  Who, Me? Really exited about sharing this first demo with the world!

Oh, if you like what you see please do add Tioatum on Twitter or Facebook.

On STEAM »
tuglaw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2014, 02:40:40 AM »

The after shot looks great, the camera isn't as zoomed out as before, making the levels feel less empty.

Really love the retouched art, keep at it!

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2014, 02:47:58 PM »

(...)
Really love the retouched art, keep at it!

Thanks!!! I'm trying as hard as I can to make it look good. Soon I'll try as hard as I can to make it play good Tongue

It's already pretty fun mind you, but it still needs that special something in the levels. The more I work on them the better I understand the nature of making levels for this game. Hopefully I'll make it work Tongue 

On STEAM »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic