Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:00:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSyndetic
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Syndetic  (Read 745 times)
DarkUser
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2013, 12:41:09 PM »

Syndetic is a puzzle game in the same vein as Lemmings, Oddworld, and Worms, use objects to get the guys to the end.

Looking for general feedback, any likes and dislikes including but not limited to;
  • Game pace
  • Level Design
  • Learning curve
  • Visual
  • Game sucks kill yourself

Anything is better then nothing Smiley

5 level build

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:36:44 AM by Syndetic » Logged

JeepBarnett
Level 0

Valve Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 09:06:46 PM »

Hi, Syndetic. I played and completed it in about 15 minutes.

I found the repulsion confusing at first because the shape made me think it was a jump pad. I tried opening the first door by launching everyone against it and only by accidentally placing a red beacon realized what was happening.

Green and black were easy to get after that. In the level where the button rotates the platform I didn't even look ahead to see that there was a button (I just assumed my goal was on top). So that was confusing for a second. I don't understand why electricity has a countdown before killing your dudes and the chain reaction was frustrating. The blue jump pad seemed a little inconsistent on when it was going to launch someone. I feel like I got lucky with the ball in the last level.

Being able to remove objects was great! The limited use is one thing I always hated about Lemmings. I wish I could scroll by right click dragging though.

I like the melody/composition of the music, but the instruments feel cheap. The sound effects fit perfectly.

I like the idea. I'd like to see different physical properties attached to the dudes like some are really heavy and some are buoyant, etc. I think it will be interesting if you can keep puzzles more tightly focused in a small space, rather than spreading them over a scrolling area.

Since you said you'd return the favor, here's what I'm working on:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=37332.0
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:08:16 PM by JeepBarnett » Logged
DarkUser
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »

The electricity concept... They take time to die because later you will be trying to power things with them before they die.  Basically, you will try and send some on a suicide mission to power something to free the others.

The point and click scroll is a great idea. I've been messing around with edge of screen scroll which is sloppy when not in full screen and it's only working at 16:9 atm.

Thanks so much, really great feedback
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:35:32 AM by Syndetic » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic