Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:10:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCube and Me [Kickstarter!! Greenlight!!]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Cube and Me [Kickstarter!! Greenlight!!]  (Read 10732 times)
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 07:44:45 AM »

Cube and Me Devlog
Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »

Looks pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to checking out the beta version to get a better understanding of how it will work.

Fun graphics! Nice improvement with the more recent images.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 01:40:32 AM »

The dragon's head bobbing makes me want to start rapping "Rapper's Delight" by Sugarhill Gang.

yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 11:06:44 PM »

The dragon's head bobbing makes me want to start rapping "Rapper's Delight" by Sugarhill Gang.

I used to look at the gif and listen to "Move your feet" by Junior Senior  Coffee

Cube and Me Devlog
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 01:39:37 PM »

Cube and Me Devlog
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2014, 10:04:52 PM »

Image update to show how the game is doing. Still have to add and replace some assets here and there.

Cube and Me Devlog
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2014, 05:15:32 AM »

looking amazing  Shocked

yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 03:36:13 PM »

looking amazing  Shocked

Thanks!

Here are some random gifs and images we made!

Cube and Me Devlog
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2014, 11:47:11 AM »

she should have an ahoge

yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 09:58:13 AM »

she should have an ahoge

B-but das a guy...

Cube and Me Devlog
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 06:00:38 PM »

Just made a build 200 of Cube and Me. Here are some progress made from the past 3 months or so.

When you click the dungeon icon in the home screen, you will be moved to a world map. The areas that are getting invaded by the robots will be marked in Red. Blue sphere indicates your home.

Once the destination is chosen, you will be taken to the cube selection screen. Here you decide and assign cubes to the slots. It is important to think about the synergy here because each cubes behave differently as main and assist unit.

One of the bigger changes made to the battle since the last update is the addition of Assist system. You can press Q/W to summon assist cube 1/2 during the battle sequence. Simply tapping one the key will summon the assist for a single attack. The assist attack varies depending on the color of the cube. Some assists may be stronger than others, but it has a much longer cool down after use.

Holding the key down will swap the main Cube with its partner assist cube as it was specified in the warrior select screen. Cubes in the backseat will get life regeneration.

This is the result screen that is shown after winning the battle.

Cube and Me Devlog
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 12:02:37 PM »

Here are some battle changes. Let's start with a comparison picture between old and new battle screen.

The UI has been a lot more simplified and the background perspective has been changed to allow for more space for battle.

The mouse cursor has been changed to look more like a crosshair to make it more visible. Combo system was added to make the battle more interesting.

Mouse cursor now expands when player grabs a cube. The inner circle represents how much time you have left until the grab device overheats.

Added platforms to allow players to strategically position the Cubes to avoid certain attacks and enemies.

Cubes now target the enemies closest to them. This will give player more control over the battle.

Cube and Me Devlog
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 02:36:01 PM »

CALIFORNIA DANGER LEVEL 999

yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 07:31:53 PM »

Only the strongest ones can enter and survive California.

Today’s update is about envelopes! Your main(safe) way of earning money in the game.

Clicking on the envelope on the home table will now take you to a seperate folding screen for better organization and space!!

You can now refine the crumpled papers(the former trash) from cubes into a foldable paper material!! This will make the gameplay more interesting in the ways that there will be some cubes that aren’t so good at battle, but generate expensive materials for you to fold.

We improved glue interaction so that players can fold envelopes SUPER fast if they are pro.

You can now put finished envelopes and unfinished stuff into the selling box like Harvest moon. It will be collected by the mail man at 6pm everyday.

Cube and Me Devlog
LightEnt
Level 1

Power to the action-platformer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 09:38:49 PM »

This...is so adorable.

I'm getting a really arcadey, 1997-2000ish vibe from this game. I just don't get to fold envelopes or iron paper anymore.  

~Light

Devlog| Tumblr
Gravitaria
Level 0

Fi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 11:48:03 PM »

One cannot go wrong with games about cubes. (Though I guess my avatar makes me seem slightly biased here heh).
This is looking really promising

yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 07:22:47 PM »

This...is so adorable.

I'm getting a really arcadey, 1997-2000ish vibe from this game. I just don't get to fold envelopes or iron paper anymore.  

Thanks! You will be doing this a lot in the earlier part of the game as it is the safest way to earn money! You can also earn money from going into dungeon but the permadeath system in this game will make it a little bit risky!

One cannot go wrong with games about cubes. (Though I guess my avatar makes me seem slightly biased here heh).
This is looking really promising

Thank you! We need more games featuring cubes!!

Cube and Me Devlog
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 07:23:54 PM »

Today’s update is a small one since most of the big things are out of the way!

You can now manage Lyle(protagonist of the game)’s mood during the game. There’s energy, fun, and comfort meter. You can replenish your energy by sleeping on things such as couch and bed. Watching TV or playing video games raises fun meter. Comfort is permanently raised inside the house by buying furniture from the store.

Not paying attention to these mood meters can result in having different negative effects during battle, but having the overall mood high will result in better damage output of the Cubes during the battle!

Cube and Me Devlog
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 06:07:43 PM »

Changed some stuff around the in game store to make it more user friendly.

Cube and Me Devlog
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 05:57:40 PM »

Modded hatlab function a little to make it easier to navigate

Cube and Me Devlog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic