Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:23:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsParkitect - business simulation
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26
Print
Author Topic: Parkitect - business simulation  (Read 140231 times)
YM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: June 28, 2014, 04:58:46 AM »

Honestly can't remember if you could do this in any of the RollerCoaster Tycoon games, but you couldn't in Zoo Tycoon and it really bugged me: Paths ontop of paths. You've already added in raised balcony paths, it'd be great if we could still have paths under those. So if I wanted to raise all of my queues to save space I could. (I like space saving in these games).
Also, instead of just ground and 1st level of balcony, it'd be nice to have multiple (not necessarily infinite) levels, so you could have a spiral queue up to a high start for your coaster.
You've probably already done this, just thought I'd say itjuuust in case.  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 28, 2014, 05:25:41 AM »

@imaginedd: thanks, that's some valuable thoughts!

@YM:

Beer!

Current devlog: Parkitect, a theme park simulation, currently on Kickstarter | Twitter
danieru
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2014, 04:15:48 PM »

Nice job on the overlapping path ways.

Now for added challenge can it do overlapping non-roller-coaster rides? That limitation of RollerCoaster Tycoon broke my dream for a super large park on the area of a postage stamp.

YM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2014, 05:51:19 PM »

Oh hell yes!

(That spiral needs more supports though)
Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2014, 12:09:09 AM »

Have a new screenshot!

Also, we launched our website at themeparkitect.com - not much too see yet apart from a few more screenshots though.
And we'll have a devlog at devlog.themeparkitect.com. Got some complaints from non-TIGs-users that it's a bit difficult to follow here - we'll probably mainly use the new log for weekly recaps or more official stuff or so and keep the awesome discussion/game design talk over here Smiley

Yes, rides can also be stacked - it'll look silly (even sillier since there's no place for supports and the ride will just float), but if you want to do that you can.

Current devlog: Parkitect, a theme park simulation, currently on Kickstarter | Twitter
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2014, 01:26:29 AM »

Had a bit of an Escher moment with that building at the bottom
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2014, 02:46:17 AM »

okay this is starting to look really, really cool

So long and thanks for all the pi
tieTYT
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2014, 02:58:51 AM »

Looks awesome.  How can this be only 10% done? 

Kyle O
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2014, 09:28:38 AM »

Woah this took off really fast, last time I checked it was just grey wire frame roller coasters. It's looking great.

my twitter. my itch.io page.
Munkyman587
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »

I made an account here just to comment-

This game looks absolutely amazing.  I noticed the tweet from the Prison Architect folks, and I had to check it out.

RCT was a favorite of mine, I'd play it for hours and hours as a kid.  As others have said, this is the game that RCT3 *should have been.* 

If you need any testers down the road, I'd love to assist in any way possible.  This game has to be made, and I would support it on an indiegogo, kickstarter, patreon, etc.  At least let us buy you a redbull for those late night dev sessions.

Keep up the awesome work    Beer!
Flatgub
Level 0

My existence is questionable at best

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »

This is really starting to turn into something awesome, very excited! =D

P1xelMonkey
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2014, 08:43:47 PM »

This is starting to look incredible. I have been waiting to a good new roller coaster game for a long time. Don't let me down!
Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2014, 09:27:23 AM »

Looks awesome.  How can this be only 10% done? 

Thanks :D Well, it's not a real game yet, there's still a lot of content and systems missing!

The last weeks have been a bit silent, as we're trying to figure out organizational and business stuff, and it'll likely stay like that for another couple weeks. I worked on smaller/invisible things like code refactoring that I didn't feel were worth posting about, but here's some new gifs:

I worked on previews for bench building (and other stuff that goes on the path). You can place things individually or on all free sides at once.

Tree planting preview with spawn animations

Shop building - nothing new there, but I think I haven't directly shown it yet? Shops automatically rotate to face the nearest path. You can override this rotation by clicking and draging into your prefered direction.

Canned Turkey
« Reply #273 on: July 12, 2014, 09:53:54 AM »

This is actually looking better than RTC3.    Hand Any Key Epileptic Hand Money Right
Flex
Level 0

2D and 3D artist, Game dev when possible <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: July 12, 2014, 10:35:24 AM »

Holy crap, I love the bounciness of the props while placing em.

All the latest stuff is @FlexRoman
Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: July 12, 2014, 11:15:16 AM »

I like those small peoples Smiley

Stellar Monarch 2 (dev log, IN DEVELOPMENT)
Stellar Monarch (dev log, released)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 12, 2014, 12:24:30 PM »

+1 for bounciness. Also, can you drag-to-build a row of benches too? I'd like to avoid the tedium of clicking whenever possible.
JMStark
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: July 12, 2014, 12:44:03 PM »

That polish! Epileptic I dig how the tree cursor tilts against the direction of its movement.

Current Project: Shuffle Company
Twitter: JMRante
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 12, 2014, 03:04:45 PM »

Textures look a bit dull, but otherwise good looking as always
SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 12, 2014, 03:16:36 PM »

I love the silly ghost tree racing around. This is shaping up to be a great game.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic