Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411977 Posts in 69438 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 15, 2024, 11:29:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHoly shit guys, presents!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Holy shit guys, presents!  (Read 18002 times)
krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »

Olympus Stylus 1030 SW! mhmmm! Boris Vallejo calendar, plus lotsa kool silly stuff. Spoiled rotten this year, that's me!
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »

my sis got me a fricken COWBELL (+ some fake moustaches) Gentleman   Hand Metal Left

ChevyRay
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2008, 01:58:23 PM »

I asked my mother for a haiku for christmas, and she wrote me one; painted on a roof shingle with a glossy finish:

Haiku for Chevy
I wrote this myself, for you
Hippopotamus.

My mother kicks ass. I will hang it proudly on my wall at home.

Oh, and my sister gave me a small leather journal, completely homemade leather and paper, and I'm gonna fill it with ink art and silly poetry with my calligraphy set.

My brother works as a meat cutter now and he gave me several packets of his own homemade beef jerky, honey and garlic flavored.

Christmas is so awesomely anti-consumerist in my family, it's great.
The Ivy
Level 1

Offices in Miragia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »

I got power tools.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2008, 03:18:33 PM »

Oh yeah, I'm getting a Dinosaur Comics t-shirt and a Pandora PSP battery in the mail.

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2008, 04:56:09 PM »

The fancy new Macbook Pro (halp I dunno how to use osx this is weird) and a Garmin GPS woooooo
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2008, 05:06:29 PM »

NOT LAID

;_;

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2008, 06:06:36 PM »

I received a Roland Edirol PCR-M1 midi keyboard thing! I love it! It's really compact and works great on my Windows laptop as well as on my mac. I don't understand what most of the dials on it are for though! o_o;

twitter: @docky
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »

My dad got me a weird sponge-firing gun thing on the basis it came with safety goggles so it must be cool. Turns out it sucks at firing sponges, but it launches non-standard ammunition (fitted with tape) with enough force to pierce styrofoam. Big Laff

I also got a really nice machete (arguably more dangerous then the pen-firing gun) and a kickass jacket with one of the tubular collars.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2008, 09:36:53 PM »

Guess what?!? My uncle and aunt in Australia sent me a tin of instant, just-add-water Australian fauna. See, they come in little concentrated slabs, and when you add water they come to life. There's an echidna, and a cassowary, and a numbat...

I don't want to rehydrate the koala yet, though, because I don't have a eucalyptus tree in my yard.
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2008, 10:07:55 PM »

I got a Shun DM0730 (Alton Brown's chef's knife!), some 400 thread-count sheets for my new bed, a new coffee maker and a giant hardcover copy of Origin of Species with the original illustrations and some additional new photos.

Also, I got into an argument with my folks about global warming (I brought it up as an example of things that are backed by an overwhelming amount of scientific evidence but idiots continue to disbelieve, and it turns out they don't believe in it -- whoops!), but I busted out the science and the day was won.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2008, 10:08:31 PM »

That last one isn't really a present, although I guess it is a present from me to science. Merry Christmas, science. You're the best.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2008, 10:08:54 PM »

I have a mancrush on Alton Brown.

krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2008, 10:22:40 PM »

The fancy new Macbook Pro (halp I dunno how to use osx this is weird) and a Garmin GPS woooooo

Hahahah! awesome! We've got 4 of those in our home studio along with our towers.. we a mac dev co... is truly awesome as whenever crap happens.. it's always windoze..

welcome to macdev.. it rulez!

<does the mac dance!>
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2008, 10:56:27 PM »

I expect to be getting the rest of the pieces (case, drives, monitor, etc.) from Santa Smiley.  I hope.

I got none of those items Sad

Instead I got an XBOX 360 with the Indiana Jones Lego/Kung Fu Panda pack, and GTA4, among other things.  I am about to step into the world of Next Generation Gaming (the Wii doesn't count).

Oh and probably some socks.

I did get those though.

I have a mancrush on Alton Brown.

Holy... what?  I thought I was the only one.  I have an inexplicable obsession with him.

I kind of wish Alton Brown was my dad Sad

tweet tweet @j_younger
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2008, 11:21:49 PM »

This has been one of the most memorable Christmases in a while. My mom got me an awesome Yamaha keyboard, and I received several graphic design or illustration-related books. And my gift to part of the family was a videogame in which they all appeared, so it was cool seeing their reactions.

Biggerfish
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2008, 07:20:48 AM »

Christmas day has passed and I have received;

- Final Fantasy Tactics A2
- Harvest Moon DS
- $120 to spend on games
- Chocolates
- Book Vouchers

i ate too much chocolate and I felt sick so I didn't eat and now I'm hungry but it's past midnight and i don't feel like eating.

CURSE YOU CHOCOLATE.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2008, 08:27:10 AM »

I got Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud, a tuner for my guitar, and the complete Aeon Flux series on DVD.

I love you, Grandma!
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2008, 08:51:43 AM »

I got the first volume of the Heroes graphic novel. I also got another graphic novel that I forget the name of.

I really like graphic novels.
Biggerfish
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2008, 09:43:28 AM »

I got the first volume of the Heroes graphic novel. I also got another graphic novel that I forget the name of.

I really like graphic novels.
Graphic Novels are the bomb.  Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic