Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:44:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVane
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Vane  (Read 38003 times)
Reyn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2017, 06:40:53 AM »

Thats one of the best trailers for an indie game I have ever seen.
nu_muso
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2017, 06:49:27 AM »

So intense! Awesome trailer  Smiley
MattySmits
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2017, 05:57:45 PM »

Thanks guys!  Trailer was a lot of work but we think it was worth it  Coffee
samurai_zane
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2017, 07:20:04 PM »

Maybe it's just the music, but it seems like the "feel" of the game has changed a bit.

I really LOVE the music and atmosphere you guys built up in the original teaser.

Not saying the new trailer is bad in any sense, just different.

Either way, I'll be picking this up when it launches Smiley
archgame
Level 2

I program architecture and build video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2018, 07:56:31 AM »

Vane - Release Announcement:

I'm curious how the animations at 0:34 and 0:46 were done? Is this an animation rig or shader thing? Looks really interesting, been fun watching this game evolve over the years!

RasmusDeguchi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2018, 08:18:09 AM »

Hey archgame, and everyone else noticing the dust fly off this ancient thread by the gracious posting of our new release trailer Smiley

We are in super crunch tying up the last few bits and bobs on the game right now, but after release in January next year things should die down a bit and we can look into posting breakdowns of some of that funky stuff in the trailer.

Thanks again for watching!

(Vane releases Jan 15 on PS4, and you can pre-order it now via vanegame.co)

Backseat Driver at Friend & Foe. Vane Devlog
acatalept
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2019, 09:01:08 AM »

Vane is out! :D

I'm a bit saddened by the mainstream press reviews, but it currently has 4.5 stars out of only 12 reviews on Playstation store.

(I'm sorry to say I can't figure out how to leave a rating of my own on the Playstation website -- maybe it has to be done on the console itself?)

In any case, I hope the devs stay optimistic, and want to offer my own opinion that after having played for an hour or so last night, it's exactly what I had in mind, and I love so many little details like the camera movement, quietude, and way you sort of "get inside the game" due to the long stretches of exploration, and almost feeling like a bird would feel in this environment: no need to hurry, no objectives, compass, hud, map, or even communication with the player of any kind (except the very occasional button prompt).  It has the feeling of a puzzle box, this strange new curiosity to slowly tease open while losing track of time and reality.

And it goes without saying that the visuals are astounding, and those vast open spaces are especially impressive Wink

I'm in no way affiliated, but I can guess the negative response can be hard to hear, when surely there are plenty of players out there who love exactly this type of experience.

So if you've been following this thread, please show the devs your support and spread some positive sentiment!

RasmusDeguchi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2019, 07:42:03 PM »

Thanks a lot for your support, acatalept!

Vane is indeed out, and we are busy navigating post-launch patching and generally hitting refresh on Twitter Wink

It's unfortunate that we couldn't get the first patch out to reviewers in time (our fault), but we've gotten a ton of positive feedback and reviews as well, and posts like these are a prime example. Vane is a little bit different from the norm, a little hard to define and not too keen on holding your hand, and as such it was bound to divide audiences to a certain degree. As we've mentioned elsewhere, we are working on patches (specifically to improve checkpointing and other reported issues), but if you are into an epic adventure that's a little different, please check it out.

Much love from the F & F team  Gentleman

Backseat Driver at Friend & Foe. Vane Devlog
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2019, 01:39:24 AM »

Weeeird, I thought it'd been out for months already because something I saw on Twitter made me think so. ó-ò Really wanna play anyway but alas no PS4 and really no plans on getting one (or the economy to)—is it planned for any other platforms? c:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic