Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:27:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCLIP a platformer?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: CLIP a platformer?  (Read 9125 times)
Sam B
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 10:07:59 AM »

Definitely towards the right direction! The landing squish and roll makes him feel much more like a character and less like an icon.

On a side note, I really like the effect of depth you added, but I also feel like I want to know why he doesnt fall down into the background. At the start of the level he's on a platform: makes sense. When he rolls off it, I wonder why he sticks to the top layer and doesn't fall down.
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 12:47:59 PM »

This would be super fun on a mobile device. Using the gyro to roll the little guy around. What are you creating it in?

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 12:54:56 PM »

On a side note, I really like the effect of depth you added, but I also feel like I want to know why he doesnt fall down into the background. At the start of the level he's on a platform: makes sense. When he rolls off it, I wonder why he sticks to the top layer and doesn't fall down.

I guess because there is a weird sort of gravity causing the dude to move on what appears to be the horizontal plane as opposed to the vertical one. This would mean that platform at the beginning is just a wall?

noumenus
Level 2

tired

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 03:42:51 PM »

@sambaylus
Thank you!
The gravity is only 2D, up, down, left, and right. You can only change to those directions and never forward or backward. Now that you mention it though, it does give me an idea for a 3D version

@JctWood
Thanks, I am making it in gamemaker. So yea, it will definitaly be for mobile devices.

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 05:18:07 PM »

Damn man! I feel dizzy now!  WTF

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 05:31:20 PM »

I like this. I like the depth. I like rotations.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
noumenus
Level 2

tired

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2014, 05:39:24 PM »

Okay, so I added my game to game jolt
http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/clip/30594/

its still just a wee beta though

I spent the better part of last night and today trying reconfigure a game that originally ran great on my laptop and cell phone, into an html5 game.

Apparently blend modes and gamemaker's html5 output don't get along well and I had to rework how the game is drawn so it looks like this now Sad

but only for the web

But anyways you guys probably can't tell the difference since you have been looking at my crummy 16 colored gifs anyaways. But I put my heart and soul into those blend modes

oh well, it was a fun learning experience

Giovanni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2014, 06:07:12 PM »

The main character's landing animation looks so satisfying. I... I want to touch it. With my fingers.
noumenus
Level 2

tired

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 05:28:21 PM »

The main character's landing animation looks so satisfying. I... I want to touch it. With my fingers.

thanks! you can on a good enough tablet Tongue

so I have been working on adding some background music to the game

http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/clip-beta/30594/

eldog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 02:29:25 PM »

Cool game. Excellent music. I liked it when he squishes upon landing.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic