Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

April 30, 2024, 06:31:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Eitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]  (Read 166425 times)
James Edward Smith
Level 2

Mover & Shaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: February 12, 2015, 07:52:35 AM »

I have a minor gripe with the original concept art for this game and later fan art people have done. Typically, from what we've been able to discern, Viking round shields like the one your character seems to hold, were not strapped to the arm like that. They were held by a single handle that sat behind the shield boss (the usually metal, little round dome in the middle of the shield). Ancient greek and other civilizations before the vikings used strapped on shields like that, but in northern europe, it really wasn't until the medieval period that shields were commonly strapped to the forearm like that. Knight's shields for instance had straps like that so that they could still grab their horse's reins with the same hand that held their shield and not drop anything.

Pike `n Shot  the first pshmup ever made. Twitter:@JamesEdSmith
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2015, 12:18:43 PM »

I have a minor gripe with the original concept art for this game and later fan art people have done. Typically, from what we've been able to discern, Viking round shields like the one your character seems to hold, were not strapped to the arm like that. They were held by a single handle that sat behind the shield boss (the usually metal, little round dome in the middle of the shield). Ancient greek and other civilizations before the vikings used strapped on shields like that, but in northern europe, it really wasn't until the medieval period that shields were commonly strapped to the forearm like that. Knight's shields for instance had straps like that so that they could still grab their horse's reins with the same hand that held their shield and not drop anything.

Thanks for pointing this out, It's weird I actually knew this it just slipped my mind somehow, lol. Glad up to this point, I've personally only done concept work, I'll be sure to address this in any HD work I do.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

wizardfu
Level 2

Nathanael Weiss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2015, 11:47:32 PM »

Really looking forward to playing Eitr! Already voted for you on Steam concepts. Are you guys planning to do a Kickstarter?

flintGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2015, 09:40:14 PM »

Man, this is my cup of tea. Awesome!

Flint Games, makers of BlitzKeep.
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2015, 04:48:25 PM »

Only took me the entire day.  Cry

Touched by Eitr ;o

wizardfu
Level 2

Nathanael Weiss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2015, 05:04:31 PM »

I love it!

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 05, 2015, 08:52:16 PM »

Still a WIP, but pretty happy with where this is going now, it's a boss room prop (an eitr fountain) kinda funny how it came into the way it is now, originally I was just drawing a skull and was attaching it to a pillar, eventually it started looking serpent-like so I went with it and viola, funny thing is "Eitr" does actually come from a sea serpent so it fits perfectly!  

Let's just pretend I meant to do that! Wizard

Pretty much done with the serpant heads, the base I made in Maya and screenshotted at our isometric perspective, then just reduced the amount of colors used, will be adding detail to that next, then i'll try to make the liquid not look so.. boring... then animate the liquid, freaky enough?  WTF

EDIT: (ugh, seems our web host is down, will use dropbox for now)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:02:58 PM by Derity » Logged

MikeD
Level 0

wello horld!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2015, 10:38:41 PM »

Really liking where this is going. Been watching this game for a while now.
Can't wait to try it out.
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2015, 12:16:03 AM »

Really liking where this is going. Been watching this game for a while now.
Can't wait to try it out.

Thank you Mike! :D

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2015, 12:33:38 AM »

mmm Smokey  Cool

(photoshop mock-up)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 12:41:44 AM by Derity » Logged

MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2015, 01:14:41 AM »

This just keeps getting better and better, awesome work!!

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: March 06, 2015, 01:31:50 AM »

Really nice with the smoke, keep the good work!

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 06, 2015, 07:45:43 AM »

Added the animating liquid...

Evil

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 06, 2015, 07:48:20 AM »

That looks really awesome, any chance of getting Eitr on the Vita? Beg

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 06, 2015, 07:57:02 AM »

That looks really awesome, any chance of getting Eitr on the Vita? Beg

Thanks, it's a possibility - something we're still considering at the moment though! It's one of our most requested platforms so it may happen... Smiley

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2015, 08:00:52 AM »

Awesome! I'd buy it day 1, as would a lot of Vita owners imo! Grin

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 11, 2015, 02:26:23 AM »

Playing with water sprites!  Tears of Joy

Ran into an annoying bug with this though, we're using a mask for her legs to make it look like she's underwater, but when you have an enemy with the same mask, the mask is affecting both ¬_¬ grrr  Angry
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:12:26 AM by Derity » Logged

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: March 11, 2015, 02:37:23 AM »

Ran into an annoying bug with this though, we're using a mask for her legs to make it look like she's underwater, but when you have an enemy with the same mask, the mask is effecting both

It will be tricky to handle, good luck! But it worth it, the water effect is amazing with the reflection!

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2015, 03:11:13 AM »

Ran into an annoying bug with this though, we're using a mask for her legs to make it look like she's underwater, but when you have an enemy with the same mask, the mask is effecting both

It will be tricky to handle, good luck! But it worth it, the water effect is amazing with the reflection!

Thanks, yeah - if all fails we'll just ditch the masking tool and cut off her legs manually haha. With the mask though, we can do some cool stuff like animate it slowing moving down when you exit the water so it looks like you're actually walking out of the pool.  No No NO So still working on it!

LightEnt
Level 1

Power to the action-platformer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2015, 02:31:11 PM »

Haven't peeked in here in a minute, and wow so much progress. This is looking great!

~Light

Devlog| Tumblr
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic