Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:29:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBlitz Breaker - [OUT NOW ON iOS]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: Blitz Breaker - [OUT NOW ON iOS]  (Read 29147 times)
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2015, 11:26:08 AM »

I just played the demo, this is really fun, keep it up!

Thank you! Glad you like it.

67% after only 4 days? I guess you're doing fine, at least you're doing far better than me Smiley

My game - Super Night Riders - is currently at 57% after... 42 days Cry

Anyway, you got my up-vote. Good luck Wink

Aw that sucks. I voted for it like..I think the day you posted it. Have you gotten any streamers or youtubers to try it out? I'm working with a couple right now, will hopefully see some results.

Sitting at 71% now, the ratio has shifted however to 52% yes to 45% no, with 620 yes votes. Traffic dropped considerably, but I'm not too worried, as it is still moving up slowly. Also trying to publish the html demo to newgrounds, but I am having VERY little luck (due to my internet connection where I work)

nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2015, 01:42:31 PM »

I just played the demo and had a lot of fun with it! I'll go vote on Greenlight now. Smiley (I also totally said "CHICKEN YESSS" out loud when I saw the chicken hat. *cough*)
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »

Aw that sucks. I voted for it like..I think the day you posted it. Have you gotten any streamers or youtubers to try it out?

Thanks for the vote! No YouTubers for my game unfortunately, as I don't have a public demo right now.

I think the biggest mistake I made was to launch the campaign too early in the development. The game wasn't ready for a public exposure, yet the major traffic you get in Greenlight is from the first 3 days (around 2k pageviews). So, even though it looks much better now than day 1, I'm getting less than 10 pageviews per day currently...

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »

I voted for it! What you've said is true about Greenlight though, it's hard Sad

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2015, 08:02:24 AM »

Hey, so, this is pretty cool.

Thank you guys, for helping vote + spread the word + all that. I appreciate it.

I guess I gotta go finish it now.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2015, 10:11:08 PM »

This news makes me happy.  Smiley

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2015, 06:58:34 AM »

Me to  Smiley

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2015, 07:44:42 AM »

I literally voted for this two days ago haha. Glad I could help haha.

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2015, 05:59:15 PM »

So, some good news! Got the coming soon page up on Steam now.

Figured it was a good idea to get it up ASAP, get some people to add it to their wishlist + draw some more attention. Current release date is set for January 19, so we'll see how well that works out.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2015, 12:42:16 AM »

Will be wish listing. Smiley

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2015, 04:05:40 PM »

Thanks dude!

Game is nearing content completion, starting to see that check list get smaller and smaller  Cry  As much as I want to share a bunch of it I don't want to give away what little spoilers there are Tongue I still may show off a bit more though.

There are however some extra features I'm going to look at implementing if I have enough time before release, if not shortly after release. This includes things like challenge areas (most likely post release), a time attack mode, and a hard mode.

So, once the base game is content complete I'm also gonna start looking at getting the game in the hands of let's players / youtubers / streamers and all that goodness, after the required testing that is. If you guys know of any you'd think be interested let me know, I'd love to get into contact with them.

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2015, 08:48:09 AM »

This is the Doom bot. You travel in it by becoming a giant fist.

To be honest though I can't think of a better method of travel.

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2015, 09:55:22 AM »

Game is pretty much content complete, so now I'm starting to go back and polish the shit out of the game within reason.

One step was giving the first boss a bit more personality. It was originally just a crushing death machine with saws attached.

Now it's got a computerized cyclops eye to go with it. This same screen is attached to the death machine, I'll probably post that later.

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2015, 08:57:54 AM »

Definitely getting there, polishing and balancing the game to hell and back, and added a few more things. This is one of those things:

After beating the game you get a new head unlocked called DeeJay, which changes the in level music to a dance track and makes everything a dance party:

So, I think the initial release is content complete? I have a list of planned features + additional content in the future.

I am planning out a post end game challenge / speed run mode to compliment the main game. The idea I have is that it becomes more of an old school platformer where you can no longer replay the levels once you beat them, time limits are no longer a factor, and you get a limited amount of lives.

I will also proabbly add some new heads as I go probably, don't see why not. There is also the possibility of additional levels, but that's only a maybe as I'm a bit burnt out on level design for now.

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2016, 09:03:46 AM »

Alright, so I guess it's announcement time eh? After lots of little bug fixes, deciding which version of nw.js to use which may or may not have steam achievement capabilities, etc., final release date is February 2nd. FANFARE!

To celebrate, I did a little mock 90's game magazine ad to help announce it.

Now comes the part where I need to distribute this to a bunch of streamers, press, etc.

Since a large part of this games exposure is going to be word of mouth, if you guys know of steamers/press who you think would be interested in playing Blitz, I have a distribute set up now: https://dodistribute.com/access/QxdLI1txTI/

Also they can always email me too: [email protected]

Cheers! Have a good one everyone!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2016, 10:25:59 AM »

It's out! It's out! Blitz Breaker is now out on Steam / Itch.io / Humble Store! I am so stoked!

You can check it out here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/416110/
And here: http://bonchogames.com/blitzbreaker
And here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/blitzbreaker_storefront

If you guys want to help out with spreading the word, here's the main tweet: https://twitter.com/blekdar/status/694571253345050624

And a tumblr post as well: http://bonchogames.tumblr.com/post/138551880459/blitz-breaker-is-out-now-on-steam-and-itchio

I'll be popping in and out to let you guys know how the launch is going, the reaction has been positive so far.
Cheers everyone!

lobstersteve
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2016, 02:21:40 PM »

Got it today. It's really good! You elaborated on the dashing controls really well, a lot of cool level-design there, congratulations Smiley
kampy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2016, 08:28:49 PM »

Congratulations on the release. I got it on Steam this morning and it's very fun! I'm hoping it becomes a big success.

Check out QuadraSwatch, my first full game.
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2016, 06:02:34 PM »

Congratulations on the release. I got it on Steam this morning and it's very fun! I'm hoping it becomes a big success.

Thanks! I hope so too (but I'd settle for a minor success).

Sales have low (I guess relatively) but steady, so I'm happy with that. Just working on getting the word out with a bunch of streamers / websites, have had some good responses too. Cheers!

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2016, 02:11:26 AM »

It was wonderful to log onto steam and see Blitz Breaker on the front page! Congratulations on getting it released and I'm very excited for the mobile release!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic