Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:20:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHuman Hugs
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Human Hugs  (Read 334762 times)
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: October 11, 2012, 12:22:47 AM »

I don't know how taking a year off would work, since I've been in school doing school since I was 4 or 5. In America, school is too expensive to just leave.

This. A million times this. I'm dealing with a huge spike in my anxiety right now because of my first year of school, and I can't balance dealing with it and keeping up with my studies. And because I want to go into comedy my studies have so little pertinence on actual career advancement (actually, because I'm so far from any comedy scenes / there are no open mics near me, it's hindering career advancement), I'm really just here for the degree. So the restlessness of that just makes me more anxious, and then more classes are missed and assignments ignored. I'd leave but I'm afraid of the job market/getting back into college if I change my mind.

I've also been having suicidal fantasies, but like you no actual consideration of doing it.

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: October 11, 2012, 06:24:24 AM »

Sabbatical isn't the solution. You have to do all the regular stuff. Sleep well. Eat well. Get good work done. Develop relationships. Go outside. Exercise a little.

You have to find the right things and do them. It's like becoming a better boxer. You have to work hard at leading a better life. The results will come slowly.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: October 11, 2012, 07:10:41 AM »

A sabbatical isn't a solution in and of itself, no. The time away should optimally be spent doing worthwhile things and getting good routines.

But it can be very good to get away from school for a while, in order to get a better perspective on your life. If you've spent your entire life in school it can be easy to forget that the world is bigger than Hogwarts. For me it was completely necessary to get away a term, figure out what I actually wanted to do with my life and generally get my shit together.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: October 11, 2012, 07:12:56 AM »

Yes it can still help. I didn't mean otherwise.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: October 11, 2012, 07:18:56 AM »

hugs, then Smiley

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: October 11, 2012, 07:22:11 AM »

woah.  Hand Metal Right
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: October 18, 2012, 04:09:10 PM »

I have just read about the heart surgery that I have to undergo soon. I somehow convinced myself that I would get narcosis. But I have now found out that I have to be concious while they perform the surgery. What a nightmare  Cry

Yes, I'm a complete pussy.

Conker534
« Reply #1687 on: October 18, 2012, 08:01:30 PM »

Yeah because only pussies sleep when they have there heart being worked on.

I'd probably kill myself (no not really) if I had to go through with that, I have a phobia with hearts, just reading the word freaks me out.

Good luck brother. Hugs.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: October 18, 2012, 09:53:49 PM »

that actually sounds really cool to me  Who, Me?

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
rob
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: October 19, 2012, 12:05:45 AM »

I have just read about the heart surgery that I have to undergo soon. I somehow convinced myself that I would get narcosis. But I have now found out that I have to be concious while they perform the surgery. What a nightmare  Cry

They're anesthetizing you though, right? And not letting you look, right? Please tell me I'm right.

ok my zoloft kicked back in fully and i'm fine with college, but i do have a bad case of the insomnias.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: October 19, 2012, 06:03:59 AM »

They're anesthetizing you though, right? And not letting you look, right? Please tell me I'm right.

ok my zoloft kicked back in fully and i'm fine with college, but i do have a bad case of the insomnias.
yeah, but it's not a pleasent thought knowing that they're cutting in you and stuff. I already get slightly panicked when I have to go the dentist, let alone this  Crazy

Bandages
« Reply #1691 on: October 19, 2012, 09:48:26 AM »

Yo I was prescribed anti anxiety meds on Monday but could only last 3 days before giving up. The side effect were worse than the anxiety. How long does it take to normalize to that stuff? I can't afford to transition during school but maybe this winter I might try again
rob
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: October 19, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »

That's hard to say, really. The only side effect I experienced with Zoloft was drowsiness, and that was because I was taking way too much. I tried Prozac and it gave me terrible stomach pain so I went back to Zoloft.

Zoloft takes about three weeks to kick in. I'm not sure if this is the case for all anxiety meds, though.

Bandages
« Reply #1693 on: October 19, 2012, 04:23:07 PM »

Zoloft takes about three weeks to kick in. I'm not sure if this is the case for all anxiety meds, though.

Yeah, I figured it'd take a few weeks. Big Pharma is so fucking awful, I tried calling the producers of Cymbalta to ask some questions but everything was met with "we don't have data on that". THEN GET SOME, FUCK. Oh well, their job is to sell drugs, nothing more.

I ended up seeing a cognative behavior therapist earlier today who told me flat out that if I didn't want to take drugs for anxiety that I have to exercise every day. Exercise is basically the only thing that can ease the tension my mind builds for itself. While that seems kind of daunting (I went on a run earlier and my body said "haha you fucking idiot") it's better than the alternative.

I just want to be healthy by January, because that's when I'm flying my girlfriend out across the country to be with her for a few weeks. If I'm still too sick to even wake up without feeling like shit, that'd be so terrible.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1694 on: October 22, 2012, 03:11:55 AM »

Talk to your doc about dosage. It's totally possible that you're getting too much or too little, and it's jerking your system too hard.

School these days is totally unrealistic. Having gone to about five post-H.S. myself, I can tell you, while the amount of work is necessary for learning what you should be learning, the frantic pace they expect you to keep up with is beyond unhealthy. It's like they're designed to be taken one at a time.

Katie
Level 0

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1695 on: November 06, 2012, 03:45:16 AM »

I just want to say this is a lovely thread idea. :D

I hope you feel better, Castle and rob. :[

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: November 07, 2012, 10:14:16 PM »

If you don't have data on a drug, always consult Erowid, that shit has straight saved my life.

Also, y'know. My best friend went behind my back and started dating my sister who is like 4 years younger (and were 19 and we were like 17 back then, so do the math) and he told me like right after my Grandpa died and all my other friends say he will get what he deserves in the end and hes a jerk to girls but it sucks for now and I'm sick of other people having it so much better than me just because they are attractive and I thought I loved this girl and I told her and she used me to do a bunch of her homework and then told everyone what a loser I am but still hung out with me but then she pretty much told me I'm ugly and I asked her to prom just because I wanted a date (even a platonic one) for one fucking night and she said no but said she would save a dance for me but then disappeared when she saw me coming even though I worked out every day for like a month and ate healthy and dressed up and tried to look as good as I possibly could and then my Grandma died and I'm an alcoholic and I have done way too many drugs and the only thing I have ever been alright at is computers and I'm a cutter and one night I was drunk and told somebody and now everyone knows and when I was young they gave me a bunch of ritalin and dexadrin and wellbutrin and it really fucked me up mentally and I'm drunk right now even though its a Wednesday night and I hate when my family fights and all I can do about all this shit is put on my headphones, play Matisyahu and pretend like I don't care what people think of me

Sorry bought that yall... It's been a rough couple years. At least I don't have it as tough as Alan Turing did, eh?  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:24:01 PM by s_l_m » Logged

Think happy thoughts.
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #1697 on: November 07, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »

don't worry things will pick up, most of those things you'll probably realize aren't such a big deal - just move forward and don't let things weigh you down so much. stay off the liqour too, it's no friend. hugs.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: November 07, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »

You should probably see someone about this stuff

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: November 09, 2012, 11:15:10 AM »

It's good you've found an outlet, some people can't even manage that. We're here for you bud.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic