Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:23:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThere Was A Caveman... [Out on Steam]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: There Was A Caveman... [Out on Steam]  (Read 46247 times)
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »

Ok, long time no update.
So, the forest area is coming along nicely, despite me not being able to work on the game much lately.
The boss fight mechanics for the 2nd area is finished, just some finishing touches left.
I've been also working on a trailer for the game, because I will try to push the game for Steam Greenlight.

The boss fight itself is quite tough! The little pterodactyls are either bringing you bones to throw at the boss or throwing rocks on you. After that the Boss Pterodactyl is shooting balls  in the air, which fly down and damage you. Then the boss goes outside of the screen and flies quickly towards you.

EDIT: Here's a new .gif after all. Smiley

And I also updated the demo at the main post. It's a bit refined version. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:03:49 PM by aamatniekss » Logged

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2014, 11:26:32 AM »

Finished another enemy for the forest zone. This should probably be it for forest, as it's the 4th unique enemy for this zone. Smiley Just some level design left, and then I'll start working on next level. It's going to start of with you sailing away on a log/or something/anything that floats(Let's call it a 'boat'). Where you have to try to stay on the 'boat' all the time, and then something big grabs you and destroys the 'boat', leaving you with an underwater level! Smiley

This dude turned out pretty fun. When you get too close to it, it will charge at you, but it becomes tired pretty quickly and will rest, then is your turn to strike!

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2014, 02:02:28 AM »

Hello, im happy to announce that the game is now on Steam Greenlight, if you want this game to happen make sure to visit the Greenlight page, and cast your vote! Smiley
I've also launched an indiegogo campaign to help me with the game's development, so that I can make the best possible game version.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/stats/351931662

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/there-was-a-caveman/x/9255816

I've also made a new teaser/trailer specially for this occasion!

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2014, 03:25:57 AM »

Hello!
Not really an update, but anyways.
The game is already 32% on the way to top 100 on Steam Greenlight! And only 4 days have passed. Im feeling pretty good about it. Smiley The game's alpha demo version was reviewed by a couple of gaming websites like www.hardcoregamer.com, www.alphabetagamer.com and a few others.
Also today a pretty big youtuber RockLeeSmile, made an Indie Impressions video of the game, so here it is if you wanted to check that out

As for the game itself the development is going on okay! I've already started work on the underwater area, unfortunately no gifs yet to show. :{

AxezDNyde
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2014, 12:43:29 AM »

Christmas is near! :D

"I'll take you to the candy shop. I'll let you lick the lollipop!"

With a skirt like his, one is ever ready for some mano-a-dino action!

Axez, Grant Ed.
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2014, 02:21:26 PM »

Hello guys!
Sorry for the quiet time! Holiday season and all, thoughts somewhere else. But im posting here to say that the game has already been greenlit on Steam!
In a few days I'll get back to developing the game, so stay tuned! Smiley

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2014, 02:25:51 PM »

w00t. Congratulations :D

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2014, 01:34:46 AM »

Thank you, alvarop! Smiley

bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2014, 01:38:09 AM »

But im posting here to say that the game has already been greenlit on Steam!
Congratulations, well done!
 Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

Current devlog; Grapple
Try Hovercraft for Android, voted "a game" by players.Hovercraft on Google play
kverkagambo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2014, 06:04:19 AM »

All those Latvian votes are the real power.
Congratulations on the Greenlight!

Plaguepunk Justice

Comrades and Barons: Solitaire of Bloody 1919
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2015, 10:16:06 PM »

congrats!

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
joeyspacerocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2015, 01:10:47 AM »

Wow - that was quick Smiley Well done!

I always enjoy seeing projects start up and rocket past my own sloooow pace of development Wink

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2015, 07:45:24 AM »

Thank you everyone! Smiley
@joeyspacerocks yeah, it was pretty quickly, kinda unexpected actually! Smiley But it's really cool. Smiley

Regarding the development process it's going steady. I've finished the first 2 game levels, and made a lot of little fixes and stuff. Now working on underwater level and level select. Smiley Will post some gifs and pictures, once I've done a little more. Tongue

But here's a bit from Underwater level, though! Smiley

cepro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2015, 11:40:15 PM »

Hi nice game, bravo Smiley I'm wondering how did you implement dashing physics-wise?
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2015, 06:50:58 AM »

Thanks man! Smiley Well, it's kinda simple I just multiplied my already coded horizontal speed by 3, and made the vertical speed stay 0 during dashing, so I don't fall down or can't jump.

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2015, 11:59:07 AM »

Hello! Long time no update, so here I am.

Started on an actual title screen for the game, will go with something like this, just probably brighter colours and maybe something more in the background.

I've basically finished the forest level and started making the underwater level. I'm pretty much done with the looks on that one and some mechanics are already in place. I've made some enemies for underwater level also already. Smiley

Started on a level select system and started drawing the actual level map also.

And Im thinking of changing the first level tileset again, because Im not happy with it. Im now having a hard time choosing with what kind of tileset to go better. Either the small rocks, big rocks, or make a new one with rocks that are kind of in the middle of these sizes. These 2 tilesets aren't finished also, there's a lot of stuff I'd still change, just have to decide with which one to go in the end..

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2015, 09:44:02 AM »

Hmm, ok so I tried combining both of those, and I really like this look. Besides it looks waaaaay better than the look I had before. I'll go with this one for now, maybe improve it later on again. Smiley

And here it is in movement - 

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2015, 12:20:33 PM »

So, here's a little update!
I have released a new demo! 
For now you can get it on Gamejolt - Download Here
But it will be up on IndieDB soon, too.
You still get to play only the first level, but it has been improved. I've added sound effects, there are new visuals, it's made a bit easier and less frustrating, and so on. There are still things that will change later on, like I will probably have some music, some sfx will change too, especially for the boss fight, more visual improvements, etc.

And here's another gif from underwater level. I have finished coding almost all of the enemies and mechanics for the this level. Now there's just level designing and the boss left. But i'll get to it as soon as possible! Smiley

Mattie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »

Played it through to the level with the big rolling rock. Smiley

Great gameplay and pretty nice level designing. Really nice work. I hope the sound effects are placeholders, because I found them extremely annoying. Also some music would be cool. Wink
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2015, 01:35:32 AM »

Cool, thanks!
Well, I will still change a lot of stuff around, yeah! Wink It is pretty early still..

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic