Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 03:27:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignInanimate's Ideas Inc.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Inanimate's Ideas Inc.  (Read 4548 times)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2009, 05:08:12 PM »

Hey, this is a place to write down all of my ideas. I have around 10 of them the last time I counted. I'll add any new ideas, no matter how small. Anyone can use any of my ideas. I just want a little  credit, like a 1 second mention or something, and also dibs on the test engines and stuff. I don't care about fame, or popularity. I just want some of my ideas to be tangible, and my true wish is to play one of my own ideas. Some sketches, no matter how bad, may accompany some of my ideas. For older ideas, I won't list dates, but any I add after this day will have dates. By the way, ALL of these ideas are platformers. It never works out when I try to make anything else... But, I may put some occasional ideas for other genres down here, and if they are good, you can use them. But, for me, I only ever am really good at platform ideas. Sorry.

Any plot twists and or specific details I will PM you if interested in developing the idea.

Idea Number 1
---
1. Psyche

- Story -
Psychic action! A kid in a mysterious coma... and a mysterious subconscious world. You, the Psyche of this child, have to destroy the evil Cancer, destroying his mind one piece at a time. Fight to save the worlds, of Memory, Action, Creativity, and Logic, against the destructive forces of evil!

- Gameplay -
Move with WASD. Numpad 8, 4, 6, and 2 are your four 'psychs', which are like attacks. using psychic energy, which is also health, you can create powerful attacks by manipulating your psychic form, and the psychic forms of objects around you. You can assign four attacks to those four keys. Gun attacks actually work via mouse for aiming, but you turn it on with it's respective key. When there is nothing activated for mouse, you use your grappling hand, which is basically your hand, just very stretchy.

- Past -
One of my first ideas, I actually am iffy about this. I like it, and it is unique, but... it never works out. It is the hardest of my ideas to design, and I can never get a solid 'feel' for the game. It is one of the only ones I have yet to finish, actually.

- Inspiration -
Psychonauts, and Earthbound. Both have the kind of humor I want for this game, and Psychonauts has the mind idea.

2. Psyche 2

- Story -
You are a child, who one day learns of his mysterious abilities. You can access the minds of others, and save them from destruction from a mysterious force. Using this ability, you can create a Psyche to venture into others inner brains, and fight off the otherworldly power, and save your town. However, who is the mysterious Psyche you meet in your ventures? What is the evil force? What does it want? And most importantly, why can't you venture into yourself?

- Gameplay -
Almost the same as Psyche, except it's 'hub' isn't your brain, but the subconscious of the town. You can enter their minds by entering the subconsciousness of the whole town, and then select their 'hole' to enter. Every mind has a goal, which is to eliminate a certain amount of the evil force. Otherwise, it is the same.

- Past -
Wow, sad that I never finished the first one, yet I made a second? However, the idea is a lot less stable. I have actually NEVER figured out what the minds of the others are. It is also a more blatant ripoff of Psychonauts, which I feel ashamed for.

- Inspiration -
Same as Psyche, but a bonus heaping of the new Chocobo's Dungeon for Wii.

3. Psyche 3

-Unstable Story-
Only some details: Involves the merging of the whole psychic world and the physical world, and the bad things this has caused ; Cancer returns ; mysterious Man in Blue ; and the main character is a Psyche whose owner died, and needs to find 'hosts'.

-Unstable Gameplay-
Involves the connection of Psyche  and Human ; the humans you connect with, change your stats, and your abilities.

- Past -
I just wanted to round it off, and the idea was good. I have barely messed at all with it though. So, it would be more up to whoever takes up the idea.

- inspiration -
same as always for psyche.

4. Sin

- Story -
You have died. However, this is not a game over.. in death, your adventure only truly begins...

When a being dies, it travels to the Underworld. It is stripped from it's sin, and is purified. No being is evil in the Underworld. However, the sin of men has started seeping into the Underworld, and will soon reach the mortal world...

- Gameplay -
Same as Psyche, actually. I rather like that system. However, instead of psychic energy, you manipulate your soul. Weird, huh?

- Past -
One of my very first game ideas, I rather love this one and its convoluted plot. By the way, it's just a story. Don't be mad at me for it's weird religion. I don't believe in it.

- Inspiration -
... I don't know. Seriously. ( I got this in 2002, if I remember right, which means TWEWY has NOTHING on me.)

5. Scribble God

- Story -
Long ago, the almighty God drew our world. He colored in everything with his almighty hand. However, many years ago, he disappeared. The world soon forgot of his existence. No one remembered our Almighty, and now the world is being destroyed...
Now, a new prophet, a small child who calls himself Kid, and a new god, who calls himself... God... try to save the world.

- Gameplay -

Yes, one of my more creative endeavors if I may say so myself. WASD is movement, and the mouse draws. See, throught your adventure, you gain many 'inks'. Using these inks, you can create, to destroy. See, drawing with LMB is an attack, and RMB is a support. Circling enemies creates an attack that only kills the enemies circled.
Color - LMB - RMB - Circle
Red - Fire - Burning Floor - Explosion
Orange - Earth (create rocks of shapes you draw) - Rock Drop - Solidify the Enemies
Yellow - Thunder - Shocking Floor - Stun the Enemies
Green - Thorns - Fast Floor (speeds you up) - Wrap enemies in thorns.
Aqua - Ice - Slippery Floor -Freeze enemies
Blue - Water - Stretchy Floor (think trampoline)- Make enemies stuck in big droplets
Violet - Ghost (drag objects around) - Ghost Floor (you can pass through it, enemies can't.) - Vortex (draws enemies into it with ghostly hands)
Black - NONE - Floor - Steal Ink

Floors are subject to freezing in cold temperatures (they shatter), melting in hot (they glow red, then melt), and being melted in acid (glows purple and evaporates).

You do not directly control Kid. You just tell him what to do. When you JUMP, or move LEFT, he will grumble and oblige. Sometimes, he will not, for instance if the last few times hurt him when he followed your advice. He has a 'Patience Meter' which you can see. He doesn't WANT to be prophet. He just wants to be the thief he was before.

- Past -
I love this idea with all my heart. It is one of my better ones, I think. I don't believe the very weird religion this has. I can't spoil something involving the religion part. But believe me, it isn't what you think it is.

- Inspiration -
Inspired by Underside, and Kirby: Canvas Curse. Came out before Crayon Physics Deluxe and the such, even before DS.

6. A Bold World
-RPG! OMG!-

- Story -
In the far future, 1026 AO, the world has changed. A group, called Omninternational, has taken over government, business, everything. It is kind of a lot of smaller businesses stuck together. The world is controlled by them. You, a scientist for this group, are working on a mysterious substance called ORA. It is the substance that... makes souls. You are learning of the people who can control it, and trying to find out HOW they do that. But, a mysterious raid kills you... but that is not even CLOSE to the end of things.

- Gameplay -
A kind of spiritual sequel to Sin, it takes place far into the future, very very far indeed. Maybe even in another universe. See, there are three branches of ORA. Posi, Nega, and Eque. Posi is healing, buffing defensive stats, stuff like that. the white priest of the world. Nega is damaging, buffing offensive stats, etc., the black mage. Eque is sense based, like sight, or smell, or touch... it's basically psychic abilities. There are also a few levels. Leak, User, Adept, and Prodigy. Leak is a person who does not know they are using ORA. They have no control. User is one who does control, but not very well. They are basically students. Adept is a student who catches on faster than normal, and has more ORA than normal. A Prodigy is a massive resource of ORA, and is extremely powerful at using it. There are also Locked sub class, which is a person who had a traumatic event 'lock' their abilities. Only in situations similar to the tragedy do they release their full potential, but they also go berserk. And then there are 'Leeches', which are powerful at using ORA, but have an extremely low amount, and have to be near others to have it. They unconsciously sap ORA from around them, and the more ORA the people around them have, the more they have.

It's an action RPG. Simple, yes. You use ORA manipulation just like spells.

- Past -
I got this idea just a while ago, a year about. It actually became a story, which you can read at my DA. It wasn't finished, though. Never got far. It has a massive plot, with lots of twists.

- Inspiration -
TWEWY, a bit.

7. Spectrum Ranger

- Story -
In an archeological dig, your dad, an archeologist obviously, finds a mysterious glove. you put it on, and turn into the SPECTRUUUUM RAAAAAANGER!!!!! Now, the MONCHRO Gang are attacking your planet! Using the three spectrum, you must fight them, and save your planet! Luckily, you, the ten year old kid, know a lot about Power Rangers (Mighty Fighters in this universe), so you catch on quick.

- Gameplay -
Switch between three forms. RED SPECTRUM - FORCE! gives you big fists to smash stuff with. You can break certain blocks, and hit certain switches, too. YELLOW SPECTRUM - FAST! gives you a sword, and super speed! You can cut stuff, and slow down time. BLUE SPECTRUM - FOCUS! gives you a gun, that can also grapple, and SUPER SIGHT, so you can zoom out a bit and see your surroundings. WASD moves, Z attacks, X activates ability.

- Past -
A very recent idea, I like it for it's sheer parody value.

- Inspiration -
Power Rangers, Viewtiful Joe.

8. F.I.S.T.

- Story -
>CHIEF SUB
IN THE YEAR 20XX... THERE'S A NICE CITY. IT IS CALLED... TOPFORTHS CITY. IN THIS CITY, THE HQ OF THE AGENCY P.A.L.A.D.I.N. RESIDES. THEY PROTECT AGAINST DISASTERS WITH THEIR SUPER POWERED AGENTS. YOU, AGENT WESOME MUST PROTECT AGAINST THE EVIL INQUERY GROUP, WHO SEEK TO DESTROY THE BEAUTIFUL PEACE. USING YOUR MECHANICAL FIST AND IT'S MANY FORMS, BEAT THOSE SUCKERS UP!
>AGENT WESOME
GOT IT BOSS!
> PROF. SALSA
I'LL GET TO WORK BOSS!

- Gameplay -
As stated, your fist can change. It has five forms. FIST (gray), which punches! GRAPPLE (green), which grapples! GUN (yellow) , which guns! SWORD (blue) , which swords! And CLAW (red), which claws (allowing you to climb walls)! WASD moves, Z cycles back one form, X cycles forward. It goes in rainbow order (Gray, red, yellow, green, blue.)

- Past -
I love this one, for it's sheer retro charm, and it's many parodies of action games. Sadly, I got into the gaming biz too late for the wonderful old action games, so the parodies and jokes I leave up to another writer. I really love this one, but it is kind of weak in the level department. I have the general story fleshed out, and same with levels, but no specifics.

- Inspiration -
Viewtiful Joe, Drill Dozer, any Beat 'Em Up in existence.

9. ~WAVE~

- Story -
A mysterious wave travels around the world... it selects a small few to be chosen, and grants them the abilities of... the Wave. Now, all seek the true power of the Wave, which lies at it's Epicenter. Who will win?

- Gameplay -
WASD moves around, Z punches, X special. Think Super Smash Bros. Now you get it.  I really love the character ideas for this, but it is a bit too long. I will share my favorites.
- Otto, and Eo. - GOOD GUYS
Otto is a rapper, who when the wave strikes, learns HE was not chosen, but his speaker! His speaker is now a kind of monster, and he can control it. They use sound based attacks.
- Netto & Telly - BAD GUYS
A two man group. X down switches them. Netto is a living computer screen with an electrical body, and is the fast, light hitter of the group. Telly is a TV with a mass of wires for a body, and is the slow, heavy hitter. They are actually Wave Beings, who chose a monitor and TV screen for bodies.
- Paul and Rob - GOOD GUYS
Paul is a baseball player, and Rob is a soccer player. Paul uses a special bat to whack stuff, while Rob can create balls made out of energy, and kick them around. They are a two man group. Paul can hit Rob's orbs, which bounce around, to deal way more damage than normal. X down switches control of either, but they are both there at once.
- The Man in Red - UNKNOWN
A mysterious guy with a rocket launcher that shoots special missiles. Special as in he can talk to them, and they have faces. They reincarnate in his rocket launcher. His motives are unclear.
- Boy and Game - GOOD GUYS
A kid whose Gameboy became a mysterious monster. Think this. Giant Gameboy, with static for legs, arms, and the screen shows a face that's like ._____. and this 'Boy' can control it. He doesn't give out his name, because 'he doesn't talk to strangers.'. His attacks are commands, but unlike Pokemon Trainer, he actually is in the battle too. And he has to stay close to Game.

The battle system is a Beat 'Em Up. However, important detail; when beating on a foe, there will be a 'beat' playing in the background, subtly. This is the 'Wave' talking to you. Dealing damage to this 'beat' increases damage, and if you do it good enough during the battle, you can 'Over Wave', which is basically a super attack. Also, 'Emotions' are important. being Focused, Happy, and Angry are VERY important. Doing combos increases FOCUS, dealing regular damage in combos of less than 10 increases HAPPY, and so does an enemies attack missing, and taking damage increases ANGRY. Angry lowers Happy and Focus, Focus lowers Happy and Anger, etc. etc. There are three 'notches' for each, reached after a certain amount of points. If you are 2 notches into ANGER, but want HAPPY, you'll have to get 5 points of HAPPY. When you 'Over Wave', the attack depends on your emotion.

- Past -
This is real recent. After re-watching Paul Robertson's goodness, I got inspired, and wanted to make a crazy Beat 'Em Up just like his movies. And this popped out of my head. (Paul and Rob's name anyone?)

- Inspiration -
Paul Roberson. Just him.

MY MASTERPIECE.
Musia
Okay... this is going to be written differently. I love this one. Really. MetaKnightmareGirl was the first to check it, and she liked it. That was what inspired me to come here. You might have seen the drawing on her DA page of the basic enemy, Static? I loved it. This is my masterpiece. It's my best idea I think. Now, enjoy...

On a distant planet, a mysterious power, called the Static, attacks. They steal the sounds of the world, and replace them with fake sounds. Using the sounds and beauty of nature, they increase in power, and destroy worlds. But, the great being Harmony sheds a tear... and creates you... Beat.

Using the power of music, lay down the sound on your foes. Arranging 'Notes' into songs, and then successfully playing those songs Guitar Hero style, is the key to saving the planet.

During the game, you collect things called 'Notes', which you can arrange in a Song Editor to create beautiful music. By gaining things called 'Slots' you can make your songs longer. Leveling up also let's you add on more notes to the song, not length wise. See, notes cost 'NP', and your Level increases the amount of NP you can put in your songs. You have for songs(activated Psyche / Sin style).  Use them wisely. Press a key to activate a song, and then select an enemy in range (Volume on Notes increases range... Pitch increases damage.). Now, the notes of your song will fly across the screen. When the hit the blue line on the left side, press either Q (for the top), A (Middle.), Z (Low), and Alt {Bottom). After you play a song, if your enemy is still alive,t hey play their own. Also, their are four 'genres'. Smooth, Rough, Sharp, and Wave. Smooth is brass, Rough is percussion, Sharp is winds or strings (sometimes...) and Wave is usually Orchestra. Smooth beats Rough, Rough beats Wave, Wave beats Sharp, and Sharp beats smooth. Enemies are one of those types (the icon is over their head during battle.) Playing a note that they are good against HURTS YOU, so just skip the note.

The foes you fight are the Static. By clearing a screen of them, the less there are, the more 'real', and less 'chiptune' the music is. Clearing a boss of an Area saves the music forever. The landscape is being turned into factories and the like. Destroy these to save the world. Using music, stop the Static... and be a hero.

--

like them? feel free to use them, as long as you contact me ([email protected]), and give me the tiniest bit of credit. This was a fun experience, writing this thread, and I hope you enjoyed it. It is long, sorry. Have a great day, and thanks for making me a very happy guy.
acidBatterie
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 05:21:08 PM »

question: what do you do? programming? art?
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »

question: what do you do? programming? art?

Writing. Ideas. That's why I made this thread... because I can't actually make any of this.

-edit-
Well, I COULD do art, if absolutely needed, but animation evades me a bit, and so does pixel art. I really can only draw.
partymetroid
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »

I was actually already writing a story like "Psyche"... but good job.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Giggle Hand Thumbs Up Right (sincerely Wink)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »

I was actually already writing a story like "Psyche"... but good job.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Giggle Hand Thumbs Up Right (sincerely Wink)

Thanks! Really, any compliments are really, deeply thanked for. I love any feedback, whatsoever, but good feedback is always the best!

HINT: For a chuckle, recheck Agent Wesome's name a few times!

Answer: (it is A.Wesome!)
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 05:26:56 PM »

Awesome ideas!    Hand Point LeftHand Point Left Grin

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 05:28:56 PM »

Awesome ideas!    Hand Point LeftHand Point Left Grin

Thank you, Masna.

Oh, and remember, I'll periodically be adding any ideas I get, so look forward to more. And, if you want to use it, remember to just ask, and then you have full control over it! I would like to see some past work though, and if someone else comes along who has better credentials... well, I would prefer that person to make it. Sorry to the person with less credentials!

Have a good day, guys!
Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 05:47:20 PM »

You know I love your ideas.   Hand Point Left Hand Point Left Grin

And you know how much I love Musia.  I actually drew another character for it but I never scanned it.   Shocked

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 05:49:54 PM »

And you know how much I love Musia.  I actually drew another character for it but I never scanned it.   Shocked

Oh thanks! Oh, and on the subject of Musia, in a reference to Quote, he has kinda headphone thingies, except the earmuffs look like Notes. So, it kind of looks like Quote!  :D
Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »

Oh thanks! Oh, and on the subject of Musia, in a reference to Quote, he has kinda headphone thingies, except the earmuffs look like Notes. So, it kind of looks like Quote!  :D

Oh, yeah?  Have any pictures drawn out?  :D
I'll have to draw that other guy for you.  Not sure what he could be, but, eh.   Shrug

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 05:59:17 PM »

No, nothing. I can imagine him, but can't... draw him. I know what he looks like, but it just doesn't appear. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue!
Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »

I could try and draw him but I'm afraid I would ruin it.   Cry

SpaceBrance
Level 1

The one with White Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 06:03:38 PM »

Awesome, an idea thread...

Don't be surprised if I ever steal one, and(attempt) to make a game out of it.
Cool ideas.Noir
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »

Awesome, an idea thread...

Don't be surprised if I ever steal one, and(attempt) to make a game out of it.
Cool ideas.Noir

Thanks!
TooMuchSpareTime
Level 3

Came for the VGNG comp, stayed for the other stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 09:17:07 PM »

There's a great load of ideas for games there!

One I laughed out loud when I read was F.I.S.T.

Or should I say...
Fingerwork-
Intensifying
Super-
Tool

?
Cool

(Got nothing for PALADIN yet)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 07:22:32 AM »

There's a great load of ideas for games there!

One I laughed out loud when I read was F.I.S.T.

Or should I say...
Fingerwork-
Intensifying
Super-
Tool

?
Cool

(Got nothing for PALADIN yet)

I do. And FIST was actually...

Force Impact Strength Tool.

Protection Against Large Action Disasters In Neo-Am.

(The country.)

Also, recheck Topforths name a few times to get another bad pun.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 04:30:50 PM »

Warrants a new post in my ideas:

11. Lime's Adventure

- Story -
In the wonderful little land of Blobopia, the world is great! Shiny sun, green grass, blue skies, clear waters... but one day, the evil Bactar gang show up, and start messing with everything! They corrupt the land with their evil 'pollution'! You, Lime, a green Slime, must save the land! By earning the Spinny Rod, you can rotate the world! You also gain various forms throughout your adventure, and can stretch your elastic bodies! And, a secret multi-player adventure awaits!

- Gameplay -

Tilt the screen with A and D, left and right. W 'bumps' the screen, knocking you up, and enemies too. Rapidly pressing A and D (ADADADADADADADAD) 'shakes' the screen, stunning enemies, breaking armor / ice, flipping some enemies, etc. You can hold S to 'Stretch', and release to launch in the chosen direction.  Of course, once you learn how. When near a 'Sticky' point, you can tap S and no direction to swing towards it. Of course, once you learn how. You can tap s to 'squeeze' down once you learn how. Stretch-launching into an enemy is how you deal damage.

Three main forms; Float Form, where you float on air currents via tilting. Bubble Form, where you shoot bubbles underwater to shoot around. And Frozen Form, where you solidify. You can't stretch, but you CAN smash into enemies for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

- Past -
This is one of my most developed ideas, since I can draw everything in it with great ease. All the enemies are designed, all the bosses finalized, plot finished, level designs finished, etc.

- Inspiration -
Dewey's Adventure

12. THE GAME MUST GO ON!

- Story -
In Theataria, the world is a stage. Really. You, the main character, are a mere puppet in the worlds control. Really. The world is being attacked by monsters which seem to have no hearts, just a cold clockwork gear. REALLY. And, you find 5 costumes, the Legendary Armors, which grant you powers. Er, really? Now, stopping the evil King Tock, you venture forth on your quest!

- Gameplay -
Switch between 5 costumes: Red, which punches stuff to break it, Orange, which uses a Hammer to smash stuff, like switches, Yellow, which has a cool sword that cut's stuff, like rope, Green, which is a bomb, can blow up stuff, and Blue is a gun which can shoot stuff, and grapple.

- Past -
This is my most recent idea... I like it!

- Inspiration -
Dynamite Headdy
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 06:23:45 PM »

I like your theater game idea, but the costumes sound so boring - sword, hammer, gun, they might as well just be any other random powerup. If I were you I would capitalize on the costume theme to give the player some really unique powers, like maybe vampire, clown, cowboy, ballerina and dog costumes.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 07:26:35 PM »

I like your theater game idea, but the costumes sound so boring - sword, hammer, gun, they might as well just be any other random powerup. If I were you I would capitalize on the costume theme to give the player some really unique powers, like maybe vampire, clown, cowboy, ballerina and dog costumes.

Haha, that was the original idea! But it never worked out well. If someone else helped me with that, that would be the main idea. The original ideas were:

Fighter! Explorer! Monster! knight! Spaceman!
null & void
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 08:05:37 PM »

You seem to have a take on games that, while it doesn't really jive with mine, I can respect and understand.

Would you mind if I borrowed the "Idea thread" idea? Sometimes I get crazy ideas that I can't get rid of which distract me from the work at hand.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic