Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411975 Posts in 69457 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 01, 2024, 02:45:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 2042689 times)
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 18, 2008, 09:30:26 PM »

my avatar sucks.  to be honest, even i'm not sure what it is  WTF  i need a new one

</derailment>

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 18, 2008, 09:36:43 PM »

That dolphin had one huge ass crotch, you can't tell me you didn't notice huh? Shocked
Uh no.....  How...enlightening?  It's a different dolphin now anyway, isn't it?
Corpus
« Reply #1162 on: September 19, 2008, 07:31:50 AM »

Yeah, because we got sick of the crotch dolphin's shit.
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 19, 2008, 04:45:17 PM »

You have no reason for that.
Unless you are some sort of a monster.
Who eats pandas and giraffes and such.

Gamecube has all the best games.

WTF
I didn't say anything about the games, per se, I just don't like the console in general. The controllers are weird. Then again, it makes playing SSBB on Wii a lot easier. But still. PS2 is much better.
Also I once played a pokemon game on GameCube and it was retarded.

BUT the N-Gage is a hell of a lot worse.
sirGustav
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1164 on: September 19, 2008, 11:57:27 PM »

I'm Gustav from Malmö(Sweden) and I make games in C++.
Originally I wanted to create cool action flicks but I discovered that I pretty much suck at creating anything art-related. During the days I work as a (non-game) programmer and during weekends and nights I make games and browse forums/blogs.
Currently I'm taking a pause from making cool games to actually finish and polish a really small game(tetris), at the same time honing my skills. I'm 99% done, so I just gotta finish the other 99% Smiley

Here is my best completed game yet: Lolball

- awful long meny intro, but then the good stuff begins
Download and more screens
ChevyRay
« Reply #1165 on: September 20, 2008, 12:21:03 AM »

I'm 99% done, so I just gotta finish the other 99%
How true :D

Welcome Smiley
DecipherOne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1166 on: September 20, 2008, 08:53:59 AM »

Hey everyone,

I'm Will, I'm a 25 year old aspiring Indie from Des Moines, Iowa. I started really getting into game development about six years ago. I've been working on a game engine and editor for about two years in my spare time. Last year I was fortunate enough to be one of the main players in forming a local game development group that meets here in central Iowa every month. There's any where from five to twelve members that attend pretty regularly, mostly hobbyist. Game development isn't really huge in Iowa if you would have guessed, but all of us guys are working hard to change that.

I really only found TGISource late last year when Aquaria was released(which Derek I'm sure you don't hear it enough, but I really did enjoy that game, in fact it's one of the first games I ever got my, at the time four year old son, to really sit down and play.) and have been checking out the daily posts on the front page mainly. I just recently started lurking in the forums.

I'll be popping in from time to time. It really looks like there is a lot of great discussions going on, and the competitions I'm really impressed with. I especially dig the demakes  Beer! Beer! and will have to sit down and play some more of them so I can participate in the voting.

Galaxy613
Level 1

10,000 Lightyears of Awesome

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1167 on: September 20, 2008, 11:35:13 AM »

Hello everyone! I just rediscovered this site and only now registered an account. Gentleman

I'm a Freshmen in College, and live in Northern VA, USA. Ever since I was a kid, I made games. When I was younger I just drew mechs/tanks/infantry on paper and pretend to move them around, then I starting moving up to actually cutting the paper up and playing on tables. I even made my own card game once, (Now lost Sad ) which to my surprise, actaully worked. I first got my hands on a programming book when I was 11. I taught myself C and made several simple programs.

Longstory short, soon after that I got MMF, made several games, released them on Create-games.com and never made anything worthy of note. After that I moved onto Blitz3D. Never really released any games for that, but began making Voidstrike but I never finished it. (Alpha3) Awhile after I let VS die, I didn't do much, until I really got into BlitzMax. Which is what I currently work in. I started, and stopped, work on a TBS called 'Tactiks' which was playable hot-seat, but I was never able to figure out muiltplayer.

I got Tribes 2 when I was about 12, and somehow found out about the Construction mod, and I LOVED it! I even hosted my own server for awhile. Until a update of the Construction mod made it so you can change your name, even if the name you changed to is in use. People had "fun" on my server with that and that totally put me off.

Currently in College, currently looking towards getting a IT major, don't know what speciality. I'm currently working on a never game with BlitzMax called 'Solarace: Procyon Council'. It's main goal is the be finished, and to have a v1.0 released. I've always gone off course and failed on my other projects. But I will make S:PC different, and still be a fun game.

For my games I created a name to put my games under last June. Ion Trail Productions, which consists of me, and a few other people that help out sometimes. I even registered a domain which redirects you to some forums of mine: http://www.IonTrailProductions.com

[ Quest! ] A new year, with new possibilities. [ Follow me on Twitter! ]
Layabout
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 21, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »

Hi everyone.

Ivy pretty much directed me here. I provided the voice for Man with Hat in 'Little Girl in Underland'.

I've done a bit of work in the AGS scene, being a member for the last 9 years. Never finished a game, but I provided voices for Ben Jordan 7, and betatested for it.

I am a resonably active AGS member and am currently working on a game called 'Lust for Vengance', a 2d adventure game.

I would call myself a pretty decent artist. Reading through this forums, everyone seems pretty cool.

Cheers
increpare
« Reply #1169 on: September 21, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »

Warm welcomes Galaxy613, Layabout, and DecipherOne  Beer!
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: September 21, 2008, 05:40:22 PM »

And how!
mildmojo
Level 1

summer rain (soon)

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 21, 2008, 08:40:55 PM »

Aloha.  I'm a coder.  A tinkerer, too.  I'm also an occasional writer, photographer, orator, and bowler.

I'm an unemployed coder just now, having completed a very long-distance move away from the entirety of my life.  I'm starting to realize that my work history may be at odds with my ambition or the local job market, which is confusing.  WTF

I've run across TIGS a few times in the past, but only recently signed up here for the demakes contest.  Had a blast doing the Desert Bus demake with a friend entirely during the deadline extension period.  Grin I'm humbled by the quality and quantity of the entries for that event, and I'm looking forward to the Lovecraft compo.

Influential games probably include Sierra adventures, Nick Bounty, the original Duke Nukum trilogy (yes, NukUm) along with just about every Apogee game ever made, Jazz Jackrabbit, Half-Life 2, Bomberman and other "4+ players on one keyboard" games, Pinball, Starcraft + Diablo 2, Guitar Hero + DDR (or Frets on Fire + Stepmania).

I've got an action puzzle game in the works that I'll throw into the ring in the Feedback forum when I feel like it's ready for anonymous feedback:

I love Ruby.

I would have a degree in procrastination, but... Well, y'know, things kept coming up.

DEMAKE compo entry: Road Trip: Southwest USA
Ghaassas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: September 23, 2008, 09:56:48 AM »

Well, I'm Ghaassas. I'm from Finland.

I'm interested in music, games (OH WOW), visual arts, internet and other equally manly stuff. I'm a decent drawer, pretty horrible painter and totally hopeless with computer graphics. I should practise more. I have made some music, all my songs so far have been half-intentional crap.

I have made one game. I did it in flash even though I hate those vectors (I had to, it was a schoolwork). It included a little spaceman, a man-eating sun, a boat, etc. I like it, actually. Even it's visual side. It should in the internet sooner or later.

So yeah, this forum looks kinda awesome and so on

earghherrerrem, rreargh
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: September 23, 2008, 09:58:02 AM »

I have made one game. I did it in flash even though I hate those vectors (I had to, it was a schoolwork). It included a little spaceman, a man-eating sun, a boat, etc. I like it, actually. Even it's visual side. It should in the internet sooner or later.

You sold me at "man-eating sun".

Ghaassas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: September 23, 2008, 10:01:31 AM »

You sold me at "man-eating sun".

yes, I decided that the game simply had to have a point where you could die

earghherrerrem, rreargh
Cobalt
« Reply #1175 on: September 23, 2008, 07:19:50 PM »

Hello, my name is Cobalt.

I was introduced to games when I was about... five? Something like that. My siblings had a NES, and I played around on that and my brother's computer. I like to mess around with Linux, and I'm pretty good with computers in general. I fix some of the computer problems at my school, and I've just finished setting up a computer surveillance system for our media center. I've been trying to convert the computers to Linux, but the administration wants to rot in its sludge of slow and malware-compliant Microsoft products, licenses, insecure admin accounts and multiple system images.

Anyway... I'm an aspiring system administrator and I'm 18 years old. If you have any computer problems, give me a ring. I've been researching independent games and such ever since I played A Game with a Kitty. Maybe before that, I don't know. I thought it was an alright game, but I really loved the pixel art, so I went looking for games like it. I don't really have any favorite games, but some games that had an impression on me are Unreal, Knytt, Link's Awakening and The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay.

I've been trying to develop a game in SDL, but I've been busy with a lot of small projects. The game (if it's ever finished) will feature a cat whose owner has just moved from another state (it's set in the United States.) As the cat, you'll explore a neighborhood which has been invaded by white demon dog... things. I'm still working out the details. It'll be a solemn action adventure game with other cats who can't talk with you, but will trade for items you've found. You'll have to find a way to get rid of the demon hounds and other creatures forever. The combat will be fast-paced and you'll find spheres that will teach you new attacks. The game will be conservative with system resources, so you'll be able to run it on very old systems and portable consoles. It'll have some cyberpunk aesthetics, too. That's the plan, at least. It will probably never be finished or will take five years or more to be finished.

That's me, but not really. I'll see you around the forums.
warpy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1176 on: September 24, 2008, 01:49:26 AM »

Hello, my name is Christian Perfect. Really, look on facebook, that's my real name and I'm the only one. But that's a ridiculous name to have, so instead I go by 'warpy' on programming forums, which is a name I came up with when I was tiny and mad about warhammer.

I've had a PC since I was about three, because my dad ran a software firm, and I started making games when I was about 12, with the original Dark Basic. I switched to blitz basic as soon as I got the first beta, and I've been using varieties of blitz ever since.

I've been reading TIGsource for ages, but it's only just occurred to me that I might want to post on these forums.

I'm fairly prolific on the blitzbasic forums, and a few highlights of my output include:

Trenchant, a game where you sell ice cream in the middle of a trench war.

Poption, a game where you sweep up bubbles to pop. It was the first game I made where I realised sound effects are really important in engaging the player.

Santa's Freelance Adventure, a proper, honest-to-god, finished game. It's a really fun little game where you play santa delivering presents to the world's children before the sun rises.

A little fencing prototype, which isn't even a game, but seems to have had loads of attention from other sites compared to my other things, probably because I got the animation looking very lifelike yet stylised.

Bubble worlds, a calming little game where you navigate between floating bubbles, collecting jewels to speed your ascent. There's not much to it, but the sounds and graphics combine to make a really chilled game.

I've been making a new thing recently, but I want to post that on the feedback forum when it's a bit more playable.
mildmojo
Level 1

summer rain (soon)

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: September 24, 2008, 08:10:54 AM »

This idea is stupid-brilliant.  You just made my day. Gentleman

When you're peddling push-up pops to privates, it's probably unwise to blare "Do Your Ears Hang Low" as you're making the rounds through the trenches, lest you become a target for shelling by enemies and allies alike.

DEMAKE compo entry: Road Trip: Southwest USA
increpare
« Reply #1178 on: September 24, 2008, 03:13:12 PM »

excellllent
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1179 on: September 25, 2008, 01:59:52 AM »

Hi Warpy, nice to see a Blitz person around here. ^_^ (I'm an ex-Blitz3D guy)
Your games seem fantastic, very novel!  Love the idea behind Trenchant!

twitter: @docky
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic