Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411840 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

May 31, 2024, 04:55:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1995148 times)
Christian223
Level 1

DRAGON was robot

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: January 23, 2009, 04:13:20 PM »

Hello, im new to the forums, i live in Argentina, i have been preparing for making games for a long time, and im finishing my first commercial game, it will be on www.funeffect.com when the site is ready so please dont comment on it please Smiley.

Ill get back to my game now, have a nice day/night.
Rellik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 24, 2009, 02:44:16 PM »

Hello!  Please allow me to introduce myself.   Mock Anger (what is this emoticon supposed to be?  I like it very much.)

I'm a 20-year-old college student (Carnegie Mellon University), an electrical and computer engineer, software engineer, composer, and game designer.  I love all sorts of games, indie, AAA, art games, retro games, board games, card games, mind games, war games, even video games!  I've scored tons and tons of games, but mostly locally, and now I'm here to take on the internets!  I've worked with Sifu Peng on a number of his games Gentleman

To make matters brief, I'm here to write soundtracks for YOUR games.  I'm here to support your nuanced themes and aesthetics and elevate your experiences to something that affects the player deeply.  Or if you want just some cool tunes to loop and annoy your players, I can do that too.  Send me e-mail  Well, hello there!
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1782 on: January 24, 2009, 08:24:01 PM »

Hey there!

My name is Ben and I love games, both playing and making them. I've been teaching myself to program and draw for a while now, and have a few small games under my belt.

Hopefully I will have a lot more in the future  Grin

I have little else to say, so I will leave it at that and go and announce my latest game  Smiley
Kegluneq
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: January 24, 2009, 08:27:01 PM »

Heya! Lurked around here for bout half a month or so before joining, so I guess it's time to introduce!
I'm a medium level programmer, started when I took computer science last year in school. So now I'm pretty good w/ java and gettin good with flash.
I've had quite a few ideas for games, so I figure here is the best place to learn new programming languages and get great feedback on any games I take a crack at.
So yea hello!
Nick
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 25, 2009, 10:22:27 AM »

Hello!

I'm Nick and i like games. I use MMF2 because i'm pretty simple, and game making/software stuff isn't my main area. I studied Film Production at university and now want to go into video editing or post production of some kind! Easier said than done.

So in my spare time i make games, my main two at the moment are:
Project: Roller Coaster (sim)
Super Boost Force (racing)

I also have a slightly older project called Tuki Tuki Island which i put on hold as i'm not too hot at drawing, and i'd prefer to finish that when i can actually draw something half decent. It's a typical 'metroidvania' type game, but based more on puzzle solving than fighting, with a good dose of adventure.

I try to get by in game creation by avoiding anything too graphically challenging. I have a good friend Adam who's great at art and always helps me out with the more challenging stuff. Here are a couple of screenshots of my two main games so you can get a feel for what they're like. I expect them to be complete around the same time, with Super Boost Force being a much smaller game than Project: Roller Coaster. The website for Project: Roller Coaster is http://www.projectrollercoaster.co.uk/ but don't expect to find much there yet! You can find a link to my Youtube which has some videos and stuff.

Project: Roller Coaster

Super Boost Force

I hope to get some good feedback here, as well as give others my opinions of their work :D
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: January 25, 2009, 10:36:46 AM »

Lol, this looks gay, we're posting at the same time. Oh well. Ive been posting in the art forums for a while now, but rather rudely forgot to say hi. I'm so sorry  Cry
I'm Adam, and a keen MMF2 user. I'm by no means very good at programming at all, so I depend mainly on the little knowledge I have and Nick (see above) to help me on my way. I've hardly released any of my games, due to the fact that I find it hard to keep on one project.

I finished University 2 years ago, studying Animation- and of course, Ive always liked computer games, since my brothers first got their Sega Game Gears Smiley

My current Project is:

Lilykin- Small Top down Puzzle game.

I do have about 6 other projects I ocassionally fish out and work on, but like I say I find it hard to stay focused.

Games I've released in the past are usually crap compo games.

Here are two of them:
Roly Poly Pumpkin: And the Totem of Mystery- (A really pointless "game")

Streetwise- A time-based competition entry

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: January 25, 2009, 11:14:20 AM »

Your games look pretty awesome, Adamski!
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: January 25, 2009, 11:34:34 AM »

Thanks Smiley I'm not too keen on them though XD But then I'm never happy with my own work Sad My College tutor told my parents my biggest fault is that I self myself short  Cry
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1788 on: January 25, 2009, 03:45:09 PM »

Holy crap, it's RJB!
I've been a fan of yours since the Noctis manual.

Morre
Level 1

Apocaquatic syntomy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1789 on: January 25, 2009, 06:11:11 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm Måns Smiley

I'm 22 years old, and I'm currently studying computer science at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm (although I'll be moving to Melbourne shortly, yay!). I read tigsource and browse the forums occasionally as I enjoy playing indie games. I also make games on an amateur level.

My favorite games include a couple of SNES titles (A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger and F-Zero being some of the most noteworthy), N64 ones like Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, and computer games, such as the Unreal Tournament and the Diablo series. When it comes to indie games, there's no single one I've played a lot, but there's a lot of games I've played for a little while.

I've participated in the Java4k (www.java4k.com) and the Ludumdare 48h (www.ludumdare.com) competitions a few times. Towerball (as seen below) is one of the games I've made for a 48h competition.

One of my current projects is a collaboration that I'm hoping we'll be able to show soon, and something I would really appreciate feedback on. I'll post somewhere in the feedback forums when it's ready! Smiley

The friendliness of tiggers around the ludumdare irc channel and site - among them terry, dock and increpare - is one of the reasons I finally created an account here.

I'm regularly in #tigIRC, using the nickname "Dragonene". My visits there may become more infrequent once I move to Australia, though. Hope to see you online!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 06:33:14 PM by Morre » Logged

The Idea Book  --  www.x2d.org  --  I am Dragonene on IRC.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: January 25, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »

The friendliness of tiggers

Smiley

Nice to meet you, Morre, and I hope you enjoy the site! Oh, and Towerball is great, VERY fun!
Morre
Level 1

Apocaquatic syntomy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1791 on: January 25, 2009, 06:26:29 PM »

Why, thanks! Grin
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 06:31:59 PM by Morre » Logged

The Idea Book  --  www.x2d.org  --  I am Dragonene on IRC.
null & void
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: January 26, 2009, 01:15:49 AM »

I go by many, many names. My real name is Erin, and recently a lot of people have been calling me after various facets of my first project (entirely conceptual at this point, I'm working on mechanics, music, mood and rough art then looking for a programmer)... a project I should probably, y'know, mention.

It's called Qlippoth right now. It's something like a ghostly turn-based real time tactical strategy RPG. (I did not give it this descriptor. I wish I had.) Essentially it's a more or less normal RTS with a very few completely original mechanics that turn it on its head. I came looking for help with it.

I have no real history online (outside of a previous dead-on-arrival project that was far more ambitious), though I have several year's experience as musician and sound designer, as well as a wide range of knowledge to draw on for concepts and story. Not to mention enough experience with computers and scripting (never touched REAL code, sorry) that I know most of the hurdles to work around and can help develop and debug things.

Right now I'm writing a bunch of short stories in my spare time, working on the design stuff for Qlippoth, attending a roleplaying forum for the old World of Darkness and honing my skills with the visual arts.

That's all.
Ryan J. Bury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1793 on: January 26, 2009, 07:51:51 AM »

Holy crap, it's RJB!
I've been a fan of yours since the Noctis manual.

Thanks - pleased to meet you! Smiley

And of course, it was a privilege to have been in a position to help Alex out with the Noctis manual back in 2001.  You can still find me lurking over at ABB now and again. Smiley

rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: January 26, 2009, 01:13:50 PM »

Hey, I'm rob. On other sites I'm PPP, R&R, or R.

I've been lurking for a year, finally decided to just start posting. I'm not in shape to make a game yet but I hope I am soon.

bugmenot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: January 26, 2009, 01:16:32 PM »

Hi. I'm a community account. I originally came here for Gang Garrison, then I switched personalities to a Spelunky player, but now I'm just here to chill out.
Pablo
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: January 26, 2009, 01:35:14 PM »

Hey my names Mike, just so you know I am Masna`s coder. I work with flash coding, you know, actionscript, and hopefully Masna and I will be done with Futureology by summer.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1797 on: January 26, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »

Glad you're here Micheal!   Hope you'll stick around.  Grin

Pablo
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: January 26, 2009, 01:55:36 PM »

Don`t worry, I won`t be going anywhere for a while.
ladeda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: January 26, 2009, 03:12:54 PM »

SALUTATIONS! Gentleman

I'm ladeda, AKA Dmitry, and I've been lurking TIG since I was a young lad. I first heard of it when I found a sketchy downloadable game where you got to play as a guy who peed on brains. I found this hilarious.

Turns out the guy who made that was Derek Yu, and he made a lot more than just THAT, including this site, right? So I really got into the whole indie game thing and now here I am, posting in this forum for the first time. Sweet.

OHAITHERE!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic