Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 07:16:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952679 times)
GamesWarp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: May 08, 2013, 06:58:35 AM »

Hi,
My name is Gavin and I am the founder of GamesWarp - a news and review website for games. I am also the owner of GamesWarp Studio, an indie game developer who provides prototyping, development, PR, and web design services.

The first game we released was Pachinko Parlor on Facebook.

Please visit the links above to see the other games we have done or if you are looking to outsource game/application development.

Thanks,
Gavin
bitserum
« Reply #6201 on: May 08, 2013, 09:28:44 AM »

Hi, my name is Antonio, I've been lurking around Tigsource for some time now. I'm part of a two man team, in the middle of creating our first working game. I'm the wannabe artist/designer in the team, and a graphic designer in the mundane life.

The furthest we came with games is an unfinished little arena shooter prototype thing in flash. It's over a year old and left for dead, but for anyone interested here's (a very short) playable version.

http://pocketbytes.net/fl/

Nice to meet you all.
jontunn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6202 on: May 08, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »

Hello all! My name is Jon and I'd like to introduce myself to everyone. I'm never very internet social, pretty much always just a lurker. It's about time I change that and actually try and interact with other indie developers.

I have been around games for pretty much my whole life. My dad is a software developer, so I guess I never really stood a chance. I got my start working at a company called Pushbutton Labs a few years ago. We were acquired by Playdom, and I got a chance to do design work on some early Facebook social games.

I'm now a founder at a small indie studio, spotkin.com It's nice not having to work on exploitative Facebook games anymore, and we can do our own stuff. We've had one mobile release so far that didn't go so great. It was supposed to kind of just be a "test game", but of course we put too much time into it and thought it could be more than it really was. Anyway, we have a couple projects that I'm really excited about and I hope to share them with everyone here soon.

I have a website that I'm also trying to use more often (I swear I will start updating it regularly soon enough!) if anyone wants to check it out jontunnell.com

Rainypete
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: May 08, 2013, 11:58:21 PM »

Hi. My name is Peter Meldahl.

I run this indie studio in Norway:

You can visit us here if you like
www.rain-games.com

As my profile image might indicate I am your average Indie type, right down to the eccentric facial hair. I am also a stereotypical Norwegian, right down to the fact that our office is bouilt out over a Fjord.

Rain is my first team, but I am mighty proud of the people we have managed to get together. We have been at game making for 3 years now. Our big project for the last 1,5 years has been

Hopefully it will be done soon, but finishing games is sooo haaard... (Just a teeny bit more polish over there....)

Another thing we are quite proud of is that Rain has taken the initiative to create the Norwegian Game Makers Guild.

You can visit them here if you like.

http://spillmakerlauget.no/

The forums are mostly in Norwegian, but everyone speaks English in Norway too, so it should be simple to strike up a conversation if someone wants to.

The Norwegian Indie scene is really coming to life recently.
We have Teslagrad of course, but our other Norwegian friends in the guild are working on games like OwlBoy, Among the Sleep and Oliver & Spike. I am pretty certain Norway gets to join Denmark and Sweeden as a country that can make great Independent Titles.

tomikan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: May 09, 2013, 12:14:58 AM »

Hi my name is Tom,

I've been in games development quite a long time - I started off working at Sega on the Dreamcast console (long may it rest in peace). I did the original tech demos for it and wrote quite a few of the low-level libraries, including the first console online community!

I also worked at Computer Artworks on The Thing a number one selling horror game. I then led development of The Thing 2 but sadly the company closed down before we could finish it Sad

I also worked at Eidos on Championship Manager. And then moved to Orange where I did bunch of small apps and games.

I'm now working on my own with my company Lantern (http://www.lanterninteractive.com) and I'm putting together a project called The Realm together with uber-cool art house Atomhawk Design. You can check it out here (http://kck.st/XZlFdU)

Merrik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: May 09, 2013, 04:22:43 AM »

Hi! My name is Richard, I live in Cape Town, South Africa.
I'm a Brogrammer at FREELIVES. We are hard at work building Broforce.

I’m super excited to be a part of the TIG communtity Smiley

This is me being awesome at eating ice cream:

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6206 on: May 09, 2013, 04:28:39 AM »

I like the sheer amount of explosions in your broforce image. Consider yourself a slightly better dev than you thought you were.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #6207 on: May 09, 2013, 04:31:07 AM »

I remember seeing some footage of Broforce last year.
Looking good guys! Smiley
Wonderfling
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6208 on: May 09, 2013, 05:17:52 AM »

Hi, I'm Greg. I live in Dallas, Texas and I've been designing games since I was 15 - 12 years ago.

Most of my games were are simple 2d games because that's what I love. Simple gameplay, familiar mechanics. I also like to tell stories, so the games I design are usually heavily story driven.

This is what I look like when I don't realize it's a camera.

I enjoy and very actively participate in sarcasm and satire, life is fun! I intend to help others come to this realization.

Current project is KR-17: a classic side-scroller.

There is a lot of useful information to be had in these forums, thanks for letting me in!

Fun links I'm involved with:
http://www.wonderfling.com

Life is too serious to be serious.<br />http://www.wonderfling.com
Secretmapper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: May 09, 2013, 06:35:29 AM »

Hello! I didn't know there was an obligatory introduce yourself thread  Cheesy

I grew up in videogames. Literally. Like, I grew up in a tiny PS1. My body parts coming out of the cd-rom. jk

I'm a programmer, though not currently actively involved in any projects. Was actually looking at the collab and unpaid works threads!
2GMGRudy
Level 0

Co-Founder at 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6210 on: May 09, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rudy, and I just started an Independent game company with my friend called 2GMG, which stands for 2 Guys Making Games. Myself, I have been playing games since I was a little kid, most notably playing Duck Hunt and Mario. I have always been into the digital art scene while growing up and attended college to learn 3D Animation. I have done that for a while, still do, but have recently tried to go the Indie Developer route with my friend. So far, even though it is stressful at times, still has to be one of the most fun and rewarding careers. I am posting a couple of artwork images below of our new game Blaster X HD, that just came out. If you have any questions about the game or anything art related - 3D/2D/Animation, etc. Please let me know and I will try my best to answer them. Thank you for letting me be a part of the community and I am looking forward to contributing Smiley

The rest I have as links, so I don't take up too much screen space.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20604947/BlasterXHD/BlasterXHD2GMG_ScreenShot_C.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20604947/BlasterXHD/BlasterXHD2GMG_ScreenShot_D.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20604947/BlasterXHD/BlasterXHD2GMG_ScreenShot_E.png

Thank You,
Rudy
www.facebook.com/2GMGames
www.twitter.com/2GMGames

bevis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: May 10, 2013, 04:02:25 AM »

HELLO
MY NAME IS JARRED
MY MUG:

I'm a game artist, obsessively so. I worked on a bunch of stuff, then I got hired by freelives. Im currently working on broforce
You can check out our broforce devlog at :
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=33329.15

Heres a picture of a demon dude:

Heres my blogfolio if you are interested in seeing any of my other work

jarredlunt.blogspot.com

PEACE
FussyCashew
« Reply #6212 on: May 11, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »

Hello, my name is Noah.

I'm not the best at writing, so prepare to skim right over this post.

All you really need to know about me is that I'm a student as well as a subcontractor doing web and business development. In my very limited spare time, I do game development.

I'm cursed with the inability to stick to things, and most of my projects die off after a month or so.

But right now I'm trying to stick to expanding a game I made for the recent Ludum Dare, and push it into a fully-fledged indie title.

If you've read this far, thanks!

That's all, cheers! Coffee
FoxyGrandpa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: May 12, 2013, 12:06:09 AM »

Hello, World!  Smiley

My name is Arnold. I'm 16 years old ans I live in Manila, Philippines. My favorite game is Pokemon. I know how to program in Python, Visual Basic and JavaScript. I'm also an active user of Game Maker.

When I'm not staring at a computer writing my next game, I enjoy playing the guitar, reading thick fat books, listening to music and sometimes, I happily convert oxygen into carbon dioxide (it's a a very rare skill that's less useful than it sounds). In person, I'm usually this quiet weird nobody. But, that's just me.  Ninja
shs
« Reply #6214 on: May 14, 2013, 03:20:25 AM »

My name or rather my initials are shs. I've been lurking here for a little while, watching everyone work from the shadows, occasionally passing judgement from afar, but I've decided to come out of hiding today.

The first game I played was the Duckhunt/Mario combo for the nes, and I've yet to stop playing video games since then. I don't stick to any one genre, but I do prefer RPGs, with my favorite thus far being Persona 3.

Much like everyone else I'm sure, I eventually wanted to make my own games. I self taught myself enough VB6 and Directx 7 in highschool to make a nes era Mario clone, then for some reason I abruptly stopped coding. Seven years later, or January of last year, I started again with C# and XNA, and I've working almost nonstop (Diablo 3  Angry)  on an action RPG project I call Party Leader. At the moment it looks something like this:

The coding portion is absurdly long, and far more complex than this single still screenshot would lead you to believe, but the artwork has a ways to go. So far my style has been called a number of things, usually "unique", usually with the quotation marks still in place, and usually the person saying that immediately breaks eye contact and looks away, but I haven't let that slow me down yet.
BenW
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6215 on: May 14, 2013, 04:31:16 AM »

Hi I'm Ben and I make games.

So I'll keep this short and sweet. I've always wanted to make games since I was a kid and started making them when I was 14 or 15 and am still making them 13 years later. Like a lot of you I grew up playing SNES games as well as old dos games and they influence a lot of the things I create. I frequently participate in game jams and 48 hour competitions. If anyone is interested in learning a bit more about me or playing my games you can checkout my devlog at http://www.garagecoder.com

Here's some pictures of some of the games I've made.

My Website: GarageCoder
Terics
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: May 14, 2013, 12:02:19 PM »

Hello, I am Terics. I've been lurking for a while and I've finally started to try and make games.

Of course I like games. I grew up playing SNES and PS1 games but, I didn't really understand them until I got a Gamecube and XBOX. I got interested in game making after losing interest with the games I had and the ones that were coming out. I saw that it was possible for one or two people to make a game so I thought ,"Why not?". Ironically, making games makes me want to play other games more.

I first took the plunge by buying Game Maker 8.1 eight months ago. I bounced off of it and tried to be a designer for a friend's game, but none of that led to anything. When I first heard of 1GAM late last year, I saw it as an opportunity to finally give GM a real try. It has been a learning experience to say the least. I missed the last two months and I'm slowly accumulating failed prototypes. I've made nothing to impressive to show so far,but I hope to change that.
SophieDaze
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: May 15, 2013, 03:00:12 AM »

hi ^w^
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #6218 on: May 15, 2013, 03:04:27 AM »

hi ^w^
Hi Smiley
iggie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6219 on: May 16, 2013, 08:11:44 AM »

Hi, I'm Simon I've been making games since 1995 and released my first commercial indie game in 2009

My current game "Spice Road" has a Dev Log, and a Demo

Otherwise I have worked in the mainstream games industry on XBox, PC, Mobile mainly as a graphics coder. Including a stint at the Lionhead satellite Intrepid Computer Entertainment Ltd.

When I'm not making games I develop a sculpting program Curvy 3D

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic