Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 05:18:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953377 times)
soulfoam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: January 21, 2015, 12:52:48 AM »

My names Troy.

I've been programming for about ~7ish years and doing game dev for about ~3ish years.

I love game development, it's a passion for sure. Sometimes I feel like I enjoy making games a ton more than actually playing them, although lately I've been having fun playing my own game, which is a big step for me since all this time I've never developed anything I truly found fun and could play for hours at a time.

I love the indie dev scene, there is so much talent it's crazy, and I'm glad to be apart of all of it.

Cheers, it's good to be alive Smiley.

pLaw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8241 on: January 21, 2015, 06:47:26 AM »

Hi,
My name is Paul and I'm a game programmer and artist.
Last year I quit my job to work independently on my ideas. So far, it's going well. I managed to finish some smaller pieces (mostly on game jams). But my main goal is to release a full-fledged game.

So, see you guys around. Smiley

Indiegama
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: January 21, 2015, 09:58:55 PM »

Hi,

I'm Tom Spencer-Smith. I think I introduced myself some years ago when I launched my indie game "Army of Earth". Well I'm back, rebooting this game under a new name "Army 21" and new company "Indiegama".

This time around I'm full-time indie. I'll be announcing Army 21 to the press soon. It is in Alpha now at www.army21.com.

I'll announce it on tigforums, plus request feedback and also blog about my journey. Would really love to have you people take a look and try it out.

Cheers

Tom
KartoonHead
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8243 on: January 22, 2015, 05:54:06 AM »

Hello World,

My name's Martin, I work full-time as an artist in the games industry but in my spare time I work on smaller personal game projects. Because games games games games. Let's make some games!
vestage
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8244 on: January 22, 2015, 07:06:19 AM »

Hi, my name's Oscar.
Teenager and wannabe game dev Smiley I say wannabe because I have only just begun learning to make games Tongue Currently learning Gamemaker, only following tutorials and making clones so far. Nothing of significance done yet, hope to change that in the future Grin Been lurking on the TIGForums for a while and finally decided to join and start posting. I go by the name Vestage.

Favourite games: Spelunky, Fez, Hotline Miami, Binding of Isaac.

I want to learn to do both code and art(looooove pixel art Kiss)

Hopefully you'll all be hearing a lot more from me in the future Beer!

Insignificant so far.
dynero
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: January 22, 2015, 08:25:40 AM »

Well, My name is Gydo and I'm develop games, websites apps and other kinds of applications as a hobby. At the moment I'm in uni and follow a studie called informatica, or in other words just general development and marketing. I'm still new to this scene and would like to learn more about ways to get people to find out about the stuff we create, such as websites, apps or games in general.

That's about it I think, I wish you all a very good day  Wink
TheDarthMoogle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: January 22, 2015, 03:27:47 PM »

Heyo!

I'm Moogle, and I'm a student in Cambridge, UK doing Creative Music Technology. Though I'm fed up of doing music for other people's games, and want to put it to some of my own. I've gathered a team and started work on a game called COLONY, of which there is a dev log here on the forums.
jmuulian
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8247 on: January 23, 2015, 03:36:14 AM »

Hello everyone! I'm Julian.

I'm a game programmer with about 10 years of professional experience. I worked on Total War at Creative Assembly for a while, but now I'm an independent developer. I work with Tom at KnifeySpoonie Games (knifeyspoonie.com) and I'm a co-founder of the Brighton Game Collective, a co-working space for indie devs in Brighton, UK.

Great community you've got here, I look forward to taking part!

Grin Hand Metal Right
newstate
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: January 23, 2015, 07:47:31 AM »

Hi All,

I recently discovered this community and was excited to be part of it!

Into any games or genre that cross my path, but truly a die-hard Half-Life fan.

After dabbling with small projects for some time, I'm putting some focused effort into one project. I'm now the sole developer of the game Devilry, whose updates you can check out over on the devlog.

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8249 on: January 23, 2015, 11:17:30 PM »

I participate in the community for some time now, but I forget to introduce myself!
I'm a programmer that have work on commercial game for 10 years. I've done game in pixel in 64kB in Java on Mobile included some sierra licence (original story of Larry, King quest). And I've work on 3D games beat'them all game. Before becoming a full time Prog, I've even work on a big AAA casual production at Ubisoft: Just Dance.
I'm happy to release my first big title as an indie in 2 weeks: Freaking Meatbags a RTS shooter made after 18 months of hard work.
I love the tigforum, and I would be happy to discuss about indie gaming on this forum!

jamesflanaganmusic
Level 0

Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8250 on: January 24, 2015, 10:05:27 AM »

Hey Guys,

My name is James, good to meet you all.

I'm a composer based in Orlando FL and I look forward to learning about developers' projects and hopefully making some great connections.

My background's in Writing and while I haven't written more than an email in years, I'm always looking to tell a satisfying story with the music I produce. As is the case with so many of you and your stories, there's no single path to success, but one thing that we all need is passion.

Apart from all the synths I use to make music, I play keyboard, guitar, and bandoneon (like an accordion but smaller and more...raw, I suppose), and when I'm not doing those things, I'm either watching SDA speedruns or cleaning up old audio tapes.

I'm always looking for games that push a relatively mature, dramatic narrative of some type, and we're seeing more and more of 'em every year, so I'm pretty stoked to be a part of a community that's always evolving.

Thanks for reading!

-James

rhyne
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: January 25, 2015, 01:22:19 AM »

Hello,

I'm rhyne, a game programmer. I'm currently using Unity and I try to find interesting concepts.
I recently made a top-down shooter prototype called Six soldiers.
charles
Level 0

Hello, -Charles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8252 on: January 25, 2015, 07:52:11 AM »

Hi All,

I'm Charles! I spend most of my time being a Grad student, but I'm working on developing a MMO Rogue-like that plays in the browser.
Every little bit of my free time goes into the game. I can't stop thinking about or working on this project, and it's a serious detriment to my health (loss of sleep/social life/etc).

I worked for a music video game studio for a while, but the main game that we made was such a commercial and critical failure, that I'm embarrassed to say the studio name. Was a great experience anyway though.

Some of my favorite games (off the top of my head) include Super Mario World, One Must Fall: 2097, Prince of Persia (original was best, but some of the sequels are good too), Just Cause 2, Exile 3: Ruined World, Terreria, Deadly Towers and lots more that I'm probably forgetting about.
EyeOfScar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: January 25, 2015, 11:27:06 AM »

Alright, I guess its my time now and I'll try to keep this as short as possible and not get carried away :D

Hello All

My name is Jeff, and I'm an independent game designer working on my 1st video game. Its a horror game, named "Dear Charlotte"

Its been in works since Late 2012, and since then it's been a roller coaster ride with lots of ups and downs. Nervous breakdowns, depressions, and what not.

The good news is though, that the game is on track and 2015 looks to be a great year and possibly a year to have the 1st in-game shots from the game.

Now I mentioned the game is a horror game, but not particularly what type. Well reason being, there is no particular type for it. During the past few years I've been noticing many horror , or survival horror and the genre is widely known at the moment, games come out and the trend that it's been following.

Some weird and disturbing creatures and you are being chased. In your face scares and chase thrills seems to be the name of the game for horror at the moment.

While trying to focus on these issues for the design in Dear Charlotte (which I should mention that the design has changed over like 8 times now over the course of the past few years) I've come to know why it is that AAA studios don't want to do horror games.

Because it's just too hard to pull it out. It requires a great deal of investment in "Design" rather than "mechanics" to get horror right. Its easier to get a shock rifle split its projectile into 10 and hit 10 tanks and lift them in the air and throw them across a horde of enemy soldiers than to design a narrative gameplay into which the player's mind is glued to all the time constantly and make them think about the game world instead of their "objective" or "task" or "save points" .

I'll look forward to sharing the progress with the game on these forums. If you do wish to check us out, we are here :

Dear Charlotte Website : www.dearcharlottegame.com

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/DearCharlottegame

Twitter : https://twitter.com/__M2M__

I'm excited to share my fun ride with you guys in the years to come Smiley
lukkaluski
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: January 26, 2015, 04:33:27 AM »

My name is Łukasz Kałuski (born in 1977) and I'm big computers enthusiast since age of 10. My fist computer was 8-bit Atari 800XL. On this machine I started to learn programming in BASIC (aside from playing games of course Smiley and soon making my first simple games. I was about 12 when simple idea of mine exploration game come to my mind - that was like version 0.0.0.1 of game I currently work on (working title: Halved-Circles Mine - I'm now looking for better title). It was very simple and done in ASCII-graphics.

Few years later I got Amiga 500 computer and started programming games in AMOS (still playing lots of other games). I released commercially three titles in Poland and the third title was "Lost In Mine" which was like 0.0.1 version of HCM. Game has quite good reception in Polish press but was never released outside Poland (it was no-internet times) so it is almost not known (there are few videos on YT, eg:

). After finishing Lost In Mine (I was 18) my game making episode was over for next 15 years (money was far too small to take it serious). During this time, as internet was growing I focused on web and started developing websites for living. I'm doing this to date.

The gaming passion was still deep in my heart and one day I realized that indie-gaming has grown really big so if I ever want to make any game it is ideal moment to do it. So I thought "now or never" and soon started HCM project.

Videos:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8GN3frSXqw
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:52:05 AM by lukkaluski » Logged

vladharsan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: January 27, 2015, 07:31:14 AM »

Hello there,

My name is Vlad Harsan and I'm a noob game designer/3d modeler/rigger/animator at Reeaction Studios (not the Reaction Studios from Toronto). It's a small studio for game development in Targu-Mures, Romania. Now since I was a kid I've been passionate about puzzle, skill, adventure games, you know the kind that make U wanna use your grey matter and now I have the chance to actually create them. Games like Sokoban, Mario, Tetris, Pac Man, bomb jack, bomber man, little big planet and so on...
From my prior work I can only name Time Dude which is a 3D shooting game for mobile platforms. For our first job, I'd say we did a decent job, considering the fact that we all were practically heading into a field with no experience whatsoever.

Now I've joined tigsource.com because I've heard that here I can find a lot of people from this field who are more experienced than I am and maybe they could give me some pointers on how make it more interesting and how to promote my currently going on project,  which is a 3D puzzle game.
la5tn1nja
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: January 28, 2015, 11:41:25 AM »

Hi!

I'm Phil, art director and game designer.

I started out doing interactive design (and a lot Flash / AS coding) for the web back in the late 90s, and created a few Flash games along the way.

From there I graduated to making interesting tech experiments, some of which were big hits online.

About 3 years ago my friend (and creative partner) and I decided we'd like to start a game studio.

We released our first game last year on iOS and Android.

We built it in house, in Unity. It was a steep learning curve, but in the end we managed to create a great looking game, and ended up with a good development pipeline.

It's safe to say that it hasn't led to us swimming around in a Scrooge McDuck style swimming pool of money yet, but we've been learning a huge amount.

When we began to prototype our next idea, we naturally turned to Unity again. It's a driving game with a twist (more on that soon). We managed to create a demo that got the idea across, but we had a problem. The handling sucked and, the more we looked into it, the more we realised that arcade handling is not easy to achieve when you've never built a 3D driving game before.

So we found a studio to work in partnership with, and began the process of trying to raise money to pay for the development of the racing side of the game.

Raising finance wasn't easy, but 18 months later we finally have the bones of a game!

All going to plan, I'm hoping to be able to showcase the first bits of it on the forum over the next few days. Smiley

We still have a long way to go, but our hope is that we can build some enthusiasm for the game, get it Greenlit and move into developing the next phase. Smiley
xnelephant
Level 0

how startrekular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8257 on: January 28, 2015, 01:54:51 PM »

Good day to you, sir/madam.

I go by the name of xnelephant, or Jamie to those who know me in the vast expanse of reality.

I'm pretty new to the scene, and i don't have any experience in the creation of games, mainstream or indie. And that's how I've ended up here.
I'm hoping that by talking with one of the best and most vibrant indie games communities on the web I can hone my skills in the forge of indie-game creation to create a set of skills so finely polished that I ascend the dull, shitey mainstream corporations and HIT IT WHERE IT HURTS. (I also hope I haven't scared anyone off)

I know absolutely nothing about coding or the actual bulk or mechanics of games, but I'd like to think that I can make some decent artwork, (mostly pixel if u want it animated). If anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction to learn how to create games I would be very appreciative.

I think my main inspiration for creating indie games if Phil Fish, because if you look past how everyone seems to hate him nowadays, and how he seems to counter-flame anyone who attacks him with a maniacal passion, his games, and especially his artwork are rather beautiful.

Feel free to contact me on my twitter, or on tig itself if u want to get in contact, or see any of my work (there isnt much of it yet)

-With my heartiest of thanks, and the best hopes for the future,
                           -xnelephant  Gentleman

Im xnelephant and I'm new to creating games, if any1 has any advice as to how to get started (from scratch) I would be greatly appreciative.
magoghm
Level 0

Almost 40 years of fooling around with computers

View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: January 28, 2015, 09:25:32 PM »

Hello everybody!

My name is Gerardo Horvilleur and I live in Mexico City.

In 1980, while I was still in college, my brother and I wrote a text adventure for the TRS-80 which we never managed to selll. In the summer of 1982 I started working on a Lunar Lander game for the Atari 800 which we didn't manage to finish. I graduated in December 1982 and went to work for a company that manufactured Unix based microcomputers, so I gave up on doing videogames and focused on Unix.

Many years later, in 1994, I was one of the owners of a company that sold Sun workstations to universities and research centers. I decided to sell my shares of the company to my partners and try again to enter the video games business. I could live for 18 months on the money I got from selling my shares and I guessed that would be enough time to create some game I could sell. I wrote my own engine in C++ and x86 assembly language, which took longer than I expected, so when the money ran out I only had some nice tech demos but no game. I sent my tech demos to many publishers, only one of them showed some interest but, after a few months, decided they weren't interested enough. So I had to drop my dreams of creating video games one more time.

In 2004 I started, on my spare time, a project to create an environment where teenagers could learn to program by creating retro-style videogames. At the begining of 2006 a company got interested and funded some of the development . I finished a working version in october 2006 (the project is simpleJ). The project was midly successful, some schools have been using to teach programming, but as I don't get any money from that I had to continue working on other projects not related to video games to earn money.

Then in May 2010 I discovered Unity. I spent 3 weeks full time learning Unity and I decided it was a tool that could allow me to create professional looking games on a very low budget and that I might be able to find some customers willing to pay for those games. A few weeks later I had found my first customer, and since then I have been working full time creating video games.

So, I tried to sell my first game when I was 20 years old. I sold my first game just a few months before I turned 50. I am now 54 years old, all my income comes from developing video games and it is (barely) enough to cover all my living expenses.
Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8259 on: January 28, 2015, 10:50:36 PM »

Hey all

First time poster, long time prowler.  My name's Chris Olsen and I've been working in the Feature Film/Animation and TV industry with a dabbling of games studio experience for the last 10 years.  Spent most of that time as an Animator but recently went the route of preproduction and Pre visualisation.  I currently reside in Sydney, Australia as I continue my day job in feature animation and incubate myself fully into my first GameDev venture.

I'm an avid student of storytelling craft and hope I can bring something to the table in this rapidly growing community.

Most of my online postings reside on my:-

Vimeo page :https://vimeo.com/colsen
Devlog :http://somervillegame.tumblr.com/  

I also intend on starting a devlog on this forum right after this.  

Any other questions or enquiries, feel free to hit me up.

My face looks like this.

Peace.

Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic