Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411665 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 06:53:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDEVILRY
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DEVILRY  (Read 1261 times)
newstate
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2015, 07:44:10 AM »

DEVILRY is a dynamic first-person survival thriller. When an unassuming family in a remote estate comes under attack by an evil Sprite, the player must protect them all before the monster's mischievous actions turn deadly.

The player will have access to techniques, tools & weapons randomly spawned around the estate. The multitude of household items can be combined and turned against the Sprite to damage, stun or hinder it.

The game is fast paced, creating an almost round based experience and opening up the possibility for other monsters in the future!

Here are some screens of the development so far:

This announcement marks the first devlog and I welcome all comments and criticisms!

bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 10:26:28 AM »

My only "criticism" thus far is that your character (the Sprite?) has a detail level that looks markedly lower than your scenery. This may just be the screenshots, but he looks disconnected, like he's not part of the same game.

But you're making good progress. Keep it up.

newstate
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 04:06:16 AM »

Hey mate, thanks for the input. I agree, I've had reservations about the character from the start to the point of wanting to hold back and replace him with another one.

newstate
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 07:51:55 AM »

Hey all,

A good amount of progress has been made on the game, with new features contributing greatly to the game play experience. Below is a showcase of the latest screens. The functionality for most aspects are almost all complete.

All weapons have been fully implemented including their animations and sounds. The inventory has been expanded to hold multiple items and one weapon weapon.

Lighting around the house has been improved and balanced over each floor. The day/night system has been removed as it failed to contribute much to the experience.

The security camera system is up and running. Now players can view multiple night-vision cameras throughout the house from one terminal.

Lastly, the enemy character has been completely redesigned. The sprite, which is no longer present, has been replaced by an apparition as the prime antagonist.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic