Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 01:46:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952772 times)
inspectorRoar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: January 16, 2016, 01:35:01 AM »

Hi!

I'm inspectorRoar, I'm a programmer and game designer and have been working on a big videogames company for a few years, now I've just decided to go indie! Let's see how it goes!

klokklok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: January 17, 2016, 11:46:09 PM »

Hello my name is klokklok!

I'm working on My Own Game right now! I like to create small games or to work on web applications. At the moment I'm working on the web application part of My Own Game.
zaywolfe
Level 0

Don't let the little fuckers generation gap you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9202 on: January 18, 2016, 10:47:37 AM »

Hey all, I'm Zay.

I've been working on games for about 8 years now. I can do anything except music production. Art, animation, and programming. I'm primarily an artist who learned how to program but I love doing both.

I can't believe I've never heard of this community before. Looking forward to making games with everyone and starting a devlog.

Here's a screenshot of my current game.

Danton
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9203 on: January 18, 2016, 06:29:43 PM »

Hey there, my name's Stephen Danton.

I've only made a few posts over the years, but have been a long time lurker, figured I'm past due for an intro post. I grew up in Canada, Toronto area, but now call Seattle my home. Although, deep down I'll always be Canadian Smiley. After 12 years at Microsoft working as a designer and concept architect, and doing games on the side, I decided to take a break from the corporate world and see what kind of games I could make if I spent full-time hours on them.

My main interests center around storytelling, animation and interaction systems (combat, movement, etc).

My game design passion is fueled by countless hours spent playing Zelda - Link to the Past, Zillion, Flashback, FTL, Dark Souls, XCom, Punch-out!!, and Phantasy Star to name some favorites.

If you have any questions or just want to say hello, feel free to ping me. I'm also pretty active on twitter @2TonStudios

After this, I'm going to start a devlog for my game, North. Which I'll be working on with my wife Sara, while spending the next several months in South America.

Unto The End - Wishlist on Steam
Diejay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9204 on: January 20, 2016, 10:56:04 AM »

Hi guys! My name's David, 30 years old programmer and last resort artist from Quebec, Canada.

I operate under the name Melloland Games since 2009. I made a handful of flash games, sold most of them to web sponsors, now I'm looking to get into the mobile and pc train. I came to TIGSource to learn more about the market and make new contacts.

My next game is going to be a retro third person racing game drawing heavily on 80's fashion and synthwave. Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot yet but have a gander at the logo Smiley

You can check my website at melloland.com or follow me on twitter. I follow back Smiley

hoguean
Level 0

Secret Games Company

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9205 on: January 21, 2016, 10:43:49 AM »

Howdy TIGgers! You probably look like this: bit.ly/1RWfO46 (WARNING: bad joke, probably not worth the copy/paste)

I'm Jeremy Hogan, designer at The Secret Games Company and creator of board game Dreaming Spires, video game Rise: Battle Lines and now also Kim, which is on Kickstarter and has a coming soon page on Steam after whizzing through Greenlight.

I like strategy games or strategic games in other genres or just nice systems with GSOH. Ask me anything anytime here or @jezhogan. GAMES!
madclown
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: January 21, 2016, 11:14:24 AM »

Hi everyone Smiley

I'm Serkan, programmer counterpart of a small startup called Sleepy Bug Studio. We're located in Turkey and working on our own games with some other projects on the side. In the past, we developed mobile games which you can find on Google Play, Amazon or App Store. Tales of The Sanctuary, John Raven and Find My Stuff are some of them that you can look up to.

We developed point & click games in the past years for another brand but right now, we're trying to build up our company for the past year and will soon start releasing new games one by one. If you are curious about what we do, you can always check out our social media accounts and give us a shout.

Here is our Facebook and Twitter pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sleepybugstudios
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sleepybugstudio

I'll try to be more involved in the forums when we settle down a bit so until then, hope you like our games if you encounter them here and there Smiley
rjdunlap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9207 on: January 21, 2016, 02:43:34 PM »

Hey there everyone!

Robert Dunlap here, I'm the owner of Extrokold Games http://extrokold.com/, we just started up last year and released our first game on Steam, Shmadow http://store.steampowered.com/app/397570/ a minimalist twin stick shoot 'em up. We've begun development on our next game and looking forward to sharing our developer log as we go along with you guys!

oz2mura
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: January 21, 2016, 04:41:47 PM »

Hello! I'm Oz!

I've been working making game projects here and there. And I decided to finally commit to a project that I'm insanely passionate about! I signed up so that I could start a devlog going, so I'm pretty excited about that. Looking forward to chatting with you all! :D

Also you can find my twitter here : https://twitter.com/oz2mura
fuutou
Level 0

A growing indie game developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9209 on: January 22, 2016, 01:22:29 AM »

Hi everyone

I am Tony Tan who starts making games since 2014, I am a big fan of game and developing a nice game is one of my dreams
I work as a programmer but also do some game design jobs
In 2015, I released two games in app-store which are

Boss Rush - A simple puzzle & maze game
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bossrush/id983613076?l=zh&am
I have a lot of thoughts in this game but can't work them out since I am too young in game development

Tank Commanders - A retro tank game made in 3D
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tankcommanders/id1045037123?
After finished my first game, I learned a lot and plan to start my second game, I finished this game in only one month which makes me feel confidence in developing games

Now I am working on my third game
Blocky Roads - A runner game with RPG elements

I love games and also love making games, hope sharing games with everyone who like playing games

Here is my Twitter pages, if you are interest in my games, we can follow each other:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/otaku1989

Niocursed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9210 on: January 22, 2016, 04:43:17 AM »

Hi people!

My name is Christian, mobile game developer from Denmark. Started a company with a couple of friends out of the university and we have been making games with this company in almost 3 years now. Running your own business is hard work, I thought that just making really good games would be enough to earn enough money to sustain ourselves, but that is not the case  Tongue Running a mobile games company is about so much other stuff and not all of it is super interesting Tongue

I mainly work with level design and 2D and most of the 2D I do is UI work at the moment. Our first, and main product is called Block Amok, colorful F2P 3D Angry Birds thing, which was when we made the most of the learning (and mistakes!). We are now making other games, which we hope will have a more smooth launch and development cycle.

Besides a couple of work-for-hire and porting jobs we are working on a game called Disco Flip (see below), which is an rhythm-based endless runner in a stylistc and odd universe. Looking forward to being a part of the community!

DStecks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: January 22, 2016, 08:26:39 AM »

Hello. I'm Daniel, a part-time developer from Canada. I'm currently working on a project called The Heist Guild, a stealth-focused turn-based-tactics RPG, in my free time while I work full time at a factory, with two other people who are working on the project as well. I am the programmer/designer, and my two partners are an artist and an artist/business guy.
Alamantus
Level 0

Always improving

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9212 on: January 22, 2016, 09:26:20 AM »

Whoops, when I started out on this forum, I never introduced myself here because I didn't realize this was here! Embarrassed

But here I am now! My name is Robbie, but I go by Alamantus pretty much everywhere on the internet. So if you see "Alamantus" just about anywhere, you can usually reliably know that it's me. I'm a hobbyist game developer who really just wants to make something that people can remember. I'm obviously not there yet, but I think I'll get there someday!

So far I've only completed 4 games, one of which is a print-and-play board game and another is a set of rules for standard playing cards, but hey they're still games if they're not video games, right? When I'm not making games, I'm usually making web apps for myself that I share with other people. My most recent that I'm really proud of is Lexiconga, but it's such a niche, nerdy sort of tool that I don't imagine many people using it—you can make and share dictionaries for anything on it, but it was created with conlanging in mind.

But yeah, my current project is Chompy!, mobile game where you're a t-rex eating meat that's flying at you while avoiding rocks, but I'm always starting new little projects for game jams and stuff. So far I've only finished one jam game though, and I've been nodevving for a while because I couldn't get motivated...

Anyway, it's awesome to be here, and I hope we can help each other in the future. Smiley

Currently hosting the Insanity Jam
Bura Mathews
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9213 on: January 23, 2016, 08:44:13 AM »

Hello, everyone. I'm Camila, a developer from Santiago, Chile. When I'm not working alone, I often work as an illustrator/character designer for other people's games. I occasionally attend game jams and I'm slowly beginning to become more active in the gamedev community. Even though I have worked mostly on visual novels, my real love are RPGs (because I suck at games where you need to have rhythm or good aim Shrug).

I'm currently developing a personal project titled Long Gone Days, a character-driven modern-day RPG:

During the first semester of 2014, I was in charge of the character and background design of the visual novel Invisible Apartment, created by Vysoko Anime Production, which is currently available on the App Store and also on Steam. I only worked on the first episode:

And since last year I started working on Stranded on Babel, a language-based game, with a lot of visual novel elements, which is still under development.

Pleased to meet you all!

Long Gone Days (DEMO) Devlog|Site|Twitter
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: January 23, 2016, 11:31:16 AM »

well that's an impressive entrance!

UpAndCrawling
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: January 24, 2016, 04:29:58 PM »

Hello everyone,

It's UpAndCrawling ^^.
I am an indie game developer in my free time for leisure or whatever (not my full time job).
I live in Paris, France.

I am mostly oriented programming although I can so some stuff in photoshop it's not my strength Smiley

I have developed several small game before, the most recent one being Word Hunter (on Android)/Word In Word Out (on iPhone), same game but different name as I released the IOS version 1+ year later and the name was already taken.

The game looks like this:.

Currently working on a platformer game for mobile. Mostly working on the "engine" right now but I think the context will be around a character that must reach the end of the level before being caught by a computer controller character (a cat running away from a dog for example, that's what I am using right now)
SageOne
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: January 24, 2016, 08:50:19 PM »

Hi, guys. I'm an amateur game developer from Russia. I'm doing simple pixel art and code in GMS. I've started working with Game Maker Studio about a year ago and now I'm working on a relatively small project - Liches, which is a two-player hot seat card game. The project is something I've started to have some fun and to see, where I could bring a simple concept. Here're some screens of the current version:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:07:05 PM by SageOne » Logged

pietze
Level 0

pancake addicted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9217 on: January 25, 2016, 12:08:37 PM »

Hi there everyone,

I am an Artist and Designer with Italian roots from Hamburg, Germany.

Background
Back in 2002, I started to work in advertising as a graphic designer, but I also had the chance to make commercially successful games on mobile phones for the television channel M*v. Over the years I found a couple of game projects, such as flash games, educational games for children or even a big board game (https://www.behance.net/gallery/8636961/Mystic-Path-Nebel-um-Burg-Tiefenkaastel). Biggest issues were the small budgets of these games. I also worked on the Vampires Dawn series, which are famous here in Germany and came out as RPG maker games & as mobile games.

So, two years ago, I switched entirely into the game's industry by getting a job at Bad Monkee (http://www.badmonkee.de) as the Lead Artist / Art Director. We made a successful free 2 play soccer manager and are working on two other big projects this year.

But even now, I still enjoy playing games from indie developers and I worked for a long time on smaller projects at home secretly. You can imagine, that even when I can make a living out of the games I'm working on, it's never the same as when you are making your own games for yourself.

A couple of games I really really love
  • Guacamelee!, Rogue Legacy
  • Yoshi's Island, Secret of Mana
  • Baldur's Gate Series, XCOM: Enemy within
  • Starfox 64, Super Metroid

I hope to have a good time here, nice to meet you!  Toast Right

Xavier1764
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9218 on: January 25, 2016, 02:44:07 PM »

Hi guys, I'm Robert. I'm a mobile and web games programmer for a small advertising games company.

I've been trying to make my own games in the evenings and weekends, and it's hard going. I've persevered though and got my first game 'Viozer' launched on Android and Windows 10, with an iOS release currently in review.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dreadcitadelproductions.viozer
Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/games/viozer/9nblggh5ktfg

I've been trying to figure out this marketing thing and discovered this forum while researching. I'm planning to get involved the forum and maybe get some feedback on my game Smiley
crodriguez08
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9219 on: January 26, 2016, 12:55:09 AM »

Hey everyone! My name is Carlo from Puerto Rico and I've been designing/programming games for several years now. I first got interested in game development as I played the custom games of Warcraft III. While some of them lacked polish, there were several out there that truly amazed me, and I loved the idea of being able to make my own custom game using the Warcraft Editor, although after various attempts, I failed to do so, but I was determined to continue along that path.

I began to officially work on games in my third year of college along with several other students. Together we formed the group called Batú Games (which is our company's name right now), and made several prototypes during those first few months. Then eventually, we made a demo of a puzzle game called, Maniacs, which was made for PC using Game Maker. Fast forward a couple of years later, and we doing some contract work for a company which was an entirely new experience for us. By that point we started delving into Unity and getting our hands dirty on 3D games.

Our current project is Atriage, a sci-fi themed, turn-based strategy game, crafted in the spirit of classic board games. It's our most ambitious project thus far, as we're attempting to get it into the Steam marketplace through Greenlight and we're working on an online mode for the very first time.

Anyhow, gotta get back to working on the online mode of the game. Nice to meet you all and hope to learn a lot from this community! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic