Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 12:30:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952571 times)
lyoy2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9760 on: September 14, 2016, 12:42:03 AM »

Hello everybody  Smiley
I'm lionel, finally i decided to join this community because it looks very promising.
I make arts 2D and 3d and now some code (python c#).
Hoping to hear from you soon in my future thread and, giving feedbacks  Wink

See you soon.

lionel

Kebbab
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9761 on: September 14, 2016, 03:32:50 AM »

Hi all,
    I'm Krystian and I would like to start developing games professionally.
When I was around 15 years old I loved to create simple games in Games Factory and show them to my friends. I used to spend months to create a game only to play it for 20 minutes with my friend.
    Today I work as application engineer in IT company creating games in evenings/weekends. However i would like to develop games full time in the future.
    Few months ago I decided to make a simple roguelike action rpg in Clickteam Fusion which I can play online with my friends who are living abroad now. The more I worked on the game the more it started to look professionally and I finally decided that I
want to release it when its ready. Soon I will start development blog so I can receive some feedback. Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:54:04 AM by Kebbab » Logged

yez0
Level 0

Yez0 Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9762 on: September 14, 2016, 11:26:35 AM »

Hello,

My name is Yevgeni Zolotko and I make games.

I have been programming since 12 on ZX Spectrum and PC XT, and am working as a software developer since 18. I had always seen CG and games as the best application for the computer. I started making games as a hobby in 2013, and it started to be my obsession since. Now I am 32 years old, I work part time as a programmer, and during the rest of my time I try to make games.

I made about ten small/experimental games mainly for game jams, and had released a bigger (but still short) FPS game called Space Douche Warrior. All of this you can find on the website of my game studio called Yez0 Games: http://yez0.com

Hi All!
The Moose
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9763 on: September 15, 2016, 03:52:39 AM »

Hi.

I usually go by Moose and I love writing music, though one of these days I'd like to get into art and programming. I'm further along in one than I am the other, though.

The Super Nintendo was the very first game console I ever played and I fell in love with it, though it was my ownership of the GBA that inspired me to write my own music. For a long time, I would re-create game music on my electric keyboard with the onboard recording/layer feature (it's hard to describe) and soon thought to write my own music. Now I can say I have close to ten years of experience writing music for fun.

I hope we get along!

Oh yeah, here's a nice archive of stuff I've worked on for the past two years: https://soundcloud.com/moosesmw/tracks
woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #9764 on: September 15, 2016, 05:09:12 AM »

Nice to meet you all. Smiley NOW GET BACK TO WORK!! Hand Shake Left Outraged Hand Point Right

Wink

Arthur Gibraltar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9765 on: September 15, 2016, 08:40:08 PM »

I can add more details later... But basically...

I'm a C# programmer. And I'm studying everything I can from reading forums and tutorials, so I'm an amateur programmer, more like an hobbyist.

I got some programming skills from high school, but I actually learnt programming before it by reading LUA and creating an AI for Ragnarök Online's homunculi system.
ChompChompApps
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9766 on: September 16, 2016, 05:26:31 AM »

Hey everyone!

As you probably already know, I like playing video games  Cheesy

I also like making games and have been developing them for about 4 years now using Corona SDK. My hobbies mostly involve creating stuff.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Tanshui
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: September 16, 2016, 09:52:05 PM »

Hey guys! I'm Andy.  Tanshui is the name I use in a lot of games I play - and it means 'likes to sleep' in Chinese.

I love playing games.  I like MMO, RPG, RTS, FPS, and strategy games in general. Too many favorites to name - all the way from the NES days to present day mobile gaming.  But time and time again I find myself going back to play RoTK 11 and 4 (Romance of the Three Kingdoms).

I love games so much, I decided to form my own indie mobile studio late last year.  Been enjoying the ride ever since, and certainly have a much better appreciation of how game development differs from enterprise software development.
Eyedgstudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: September 17, 2016, 02:23:49 AM »

Hi guys!

Im still a student currently taking game development course. I'm still studying on how to make a game. I have played many games since when I was a kid. I hope to publish my first game before i graduate. Thank you guys and have a good day. Smiley Toast Left Toast Left Toast Left Hand Any Key Hand Clap
HomeBearStudio
Level 0

HomeBearStudio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9769 on: September 17, 2016, 04:27:52 AM »

Hi, fellow devs!  Gomez

I'm Joshua, a passionate gamer and game design graduate with >5 years of art, design and programming experience under my belt.
After all that studying, I started HomeBearStudio as my first venture into the actual industry!

Age/Sex: 24, male
 Skills: Programming, 2D/3D art, audio composing, agile project planning
 Focus: Development with test-automation approach, intrinsic game-design
 Education: Bachelor of Engineering in Game Architecture and Design, NHTV University of Applied Sciences
 Personality: Direct and appreciative of constructive criticism. Clear communication.
 Favorite Game: Dark Souls
 Favorite Band: Flower Kings
 Hobbies: gaming, game-dev, reading, watching series, playing guitar
 Favorite Animal: Bear
 Favorite Food: Hamburgers or pizza. I can't decide.  Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right

A core part of HomeBearStudio is our appreciation towards the community and our potential fans.
That's why I'm here!
I'd love to become a positive part in the community by helping out, sharing knowledge and just generally have fun around here.
Anyone with questions about 3D/2D art, game design, programming or gaming in general - feel free to ask for help.

That's it for now. Have an awesome day!  Smiley

HomeBearStudio is a small, cozy game studio focused on bringing you endearing and unique experiences. We greatly value clear communication and our relationship with our fans. We see you as our 'HomeBearFamily'!
Relintai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: September 18, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »

Hey guys,

I'm Peter Magyar, I'm a hungarian indie currently part-time game developer. I have about 5 years of experience in making games now. I'm mostly a programmer, but I also like modelling, and can do pixel art.

I really like to develop for as much platform as possible, I still have that "Oh my god It actually runs on my phone" feeling.

As for games, I usually like more colorful action oriented ones (which basicly are usually action-rpgs, and MMOS), and some indie-games. I don't really like MOBAs, their gameplay feels boring to me, unfortunately. Also I don't really like those really simple causal games. Some games I loved are the Witcher series, Skyrim, Oblivion, Warcraft, Minecraft, Crypt of the Necrodancer, TOME, Diablo, WoW, when I was young I used to play Unreal Tournament against bots a lot (I dind't have internet back then). I also wanted to go and do Dark Souls, but I didn't like it's visual atmosphere.

I had a lot of projects over the years which got abandoned as not good enough, after usually about 3 mounths of development.

As for tech, at first I used php, then for most prototypes I used LibGDX, then just before my current project I moved to Unity.

My plan is, to make a devblog for my current project. (And also to start being active on the forums.)

I have been working on it for about 9 mounths now, I wanted to make a devblog from it before, but I was afraid, that because I could only work on it part-time, I wouldn't be able to make it interesting. I think now it's the time to do it. By now I found a really good visual style for it, also there is enough lore now, so the game's core won't change that much.

My written/talking english skills are a bit rusty, hopefully I caught all of the errors.

Have a nice day!
focus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: September 18, 2016, 12:43:05 PM »

Hey everyone!

My name is Sasha, I live in Ukraine. Student. I'm studying Computer Science/Information Security. I started programming since I was 10. ATM I know Java, Pascal/Delphi, Basic, C#, C++, ActionScript, Objective-C, Brainfuck(lel). My favorite game titles are: *put there any valve title*, *put there any squaresoft title*, btw, Final Fantasy 8, Spyro 1-3, Quake 1-3, Doom is the best. Come there to get feedback on my gamedev projects.

Thank you, have a good day!  Wink
Werneck
Level 0

Warning: contains citrus.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9772 on: September 18, 2016, 02:56:17 PM »

Hello! My name is Gabriel Werneck.

I've been working on my first commercial game for 9 months now, as a solo indie developer, and decided that it's time to become part of the online scene a few weeks ago. I work with Construct 2 for programming, Paint + Spriter for graphics, and Ableton Live for Music and SFX. I have a very very stupid sense of humor.

I am passionate about classic games where you had to figure stuff out as you stumbled through the world - Doom and Super Mario World are good examples - and I want to build something like that.
AntonTesh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9773 on: September 18, 2016, 04:23:46 PM »

Hey my name is Anthony and I'm a software developer in Michigan in the United States. I went to school for computer science and work full time at a software company now. I've been making games as a hobby for six years and you can see all of my work here ATeshGames.com. I'm the artist, designer, and developer on almost all of my games and I usually collaborate with others on music and sound. I use Unity currently but have used XNA and SDL in the past to make games.

My two favorite games are Super Mario World and Banjo Kazooie. I love bright colors and platformers Smiley

Toast Left Hello! Toast Right

ndnninja15
Level 1

I make games

View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: September 18, 2016, 04:54:23 PM »

I'm a wannabe indie developer.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember. Probably got started with the classics like Super Mario Bros on the NES but I've played everything and anything.

My favorites are first person shooters and platformers.

I guess that's why I'm trying to make a platformer now  Evil
Madras
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: September 19, 2016, 05:41:23 AM »

Hi everyone.

My name is Marcin Draszczuk and I'm an indie developer from Poland. I'm a founder of company called Awesome Games Studio and I've started making indie games in 2009, having worked at another video game development studio two years before. In the beginning I was releasing games for Xbox Live Indie Games only, but now we're four people making games full time and we've released a few games on Steam: Yet Another Zombie Defense, Oozi: Earth Adventure and I, Zombie. The last one was also released for Xbox One few weeks ago.

Right now we're working on our new game Badass Hero which is a roguelite platformer shooter set inside a comic book.

Other than being game developer I'm also a father of two, so I don't have too much time to play games recently, but whenever I have some spare time I try to catch up with current trends in indie games and clear up my backlog of 50 games I already bought on Steam.
sour_tooth
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: September 19, 2016, 06:18:43 AM »

Yo, devs.
Name's Nathan.
So, I'm here because I want nothing more than to develop games, despite being severely underlevelled in that entire area. I'm hoping to be able to shoot any questions I have on the creative side of things here while I work on learning the technical side at college.
Yup, I'll be seeing ya around!
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9777 on: September 19, 2016, 03:23:41 PM »

Welcome everyone! Kebbab that's awesome you made a game and play with your friends Smiley

Luno
Level 1

now comes good sailing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9778 on: September 20, 2016, 03:11:06 PM »

Hello all,

My name's Chris and I'm a first-time game dev, long-time musician/coder/artist living in Chicago. I'm here to read your lovely dev logs and look at all of your beautiful pixel art!

I'm 6 months into my first big project, an as-yet-to-be-named action/survival RPG that is meant to be something like fantasy Walden. I'd like to start my own dev log here at some point, but in the mean time I'm sharing some of my progress on twitter (@lunoland).

Like many of you I grew up playing all the classic NES/SNES/Genesis hits, but I really came of age during the golden era of N64 and PS1. Some of my all-time favorite titles from this time are Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie, Final Fantasy 5-9, Castlevania SOTN, Xenogears, and SaGa Frontier.

In middle school and high school, I got the total late 90's experience building Angelfire websites, making point and click adventures in HyperStudio, and programming small games on my school's graphing calculators. I played a lot of MUDs, roguelikes (my favorite is ADOM, which has been a huge inspiration), RTS, fighting games, and first-generation MMOs Wizard. I made some "use map settings" games in Brood War and even tried one of the earlier hacked english versions of RPG maker, but it wasn't particularly satisfying.

What I actually wanted was to work with professional tools on a *real* game, but this was back before Braid & Co. so it just seemed too difficult to break into. I ended up majoring in piano and computer science in college and got really serious about playing & recording music so I ended up putting games on the back burner.

Fast-forward a decade. Now that indie game dev has undergone the same sort of transformation that home-recording did when I was in college, it seems like the right time to make a proper go of it. I'm still very busy with music these days, so between that and dev I haven't been able to make much of a dent in my steam backlog. Nevertheless, some more-recent favorites include Dota 2, Minecraft, and Hyper Light Drifter.

Oh! And my favorite music is Elliott Smith, Bill Evans, Shannon Wright, The Chameleons, The Zombies, Happy Apple, and Midlake. If you're curious, you can find my records at lunomusic.com. Peace! Beer!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:59:31 PM by Luno » Logged

Jembo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9779 on: September 20, 2016, 09:46:48 PM »

Hi all!

My name's Jem and I'm an indie developer from Cape Town, South Africa. I've tinkered in a bunch of different languages and frameworks, but I have a soft squishy spot for Unity and C# (big surprise Tongue ) By day, I work at a small studio in Cape Town, working on a variety of PC and mobile games.

I've made quite a few small games and prototypes over the last couple of years, but I'm not really working on any significant projects of my own right now. I don’t really have any particular themes or styles I stick to in making my own games, because I love exploring new techniques and game mechanics with every jam or side project I do.

Sadly, I’ve found myself with less time for gaming as I’ve gotten older, so a lot of my favourites are rooted in the past. I love games like Dungeon Keeper and Theme Hospital, as well as the immersive sims and Looking Glass games of the early 2000s, like Deus Ex, Thief, and System Shock 2. I do love plenty of the modern indies, but I haven’t had a good gaming PC or console for a few years, so I’m a little out of touch.

What else? I love daschunds, and have two of them, purely by luck. I also love music, theatre, and any kind of story with a mind-bending slant.

I’m looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing all your awesome work!

My games: jemsmith.co.za
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic