Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:01:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsStaying in SF
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Staying in SF  (Read 20403 times)
progrium
Level 2

Swords will fucking cut you wide open!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 03:14:04 PM »

Hey Derek! Can I cuddle up at your place again this year too?

Jeff Lindsay
progrium.com
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »

Jeff, Brandon, and cactus... OK!  That's it, though.  Any more manlove and my apartment's just going to turn into a beard.
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 03:30:21 PM »

I just booked an exclusive piece of floor at a friend's place  Gentleman

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2009, 01:03:24 AM »

Jeff, Brandon, and cactus... OK!  That's it, though.  Any more manlove and my apartment's just going to turn into a beard.

Haha

chrisL
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »

Last year I stayed with Fish and Petri at the Hosteling International Downtown place, it's super cheap and it's fine. I'm staying there this year too.

http://www.sfhostels.com/downtown/

hey zaknafein - did you grab a private room or one of the dorms last year? which are better - the coed or m/f dorms?

cheers.
-chris
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2009, 12:19:41 PM »

Last year I stayed with Fish and Petri at the Hosteling International Downtown place, it's super cheap and it's fine. I'm staying there this year too.

hey zaknafein - did you grab a private room or one of the dorms last year? which are better - the coed or m/f dorms?

cheers.
-chris

It was a 4 bed room (2 stacked beds) with a private bathroom. I can't comment on the dorms, but I'd say if you can get a private room you'd better get that, it's not like it's super expensive.

chrisL
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 01:10:13 PM »

It was a 4 bed room (2 stacked beds) with a private bathroom. I can't comment on the dorms, but I'd say if you can get a private room you'd better get that, it's not like it's super expensive.

roger - makes sense. thanks.

Edit: anyone interested in sharing a room at the SF downtown hostel? Cost would be about $39.50 / night with shared shower, or $44.50 / night with private shower, per person. PM me, or send me an e-mail if you're interested.

cheers,
-chris
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 09:59:26 AM by chrisL » Logged
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2009, 12:51:30 PM »

chrisL: How many beds are there in the private rooms? Would it be possible to stay three there?

I think ~$40 is still a bit much for sleeping, with the annoyingly strong US dollar, but if the private room was split three ways it would be quite awesome. We'd only need to find another guy, of course Smiley

Anyway, I'd say I'm interested, but I'm going to make my final decision on wednesday.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2009, 12:52:41 PM »

chrisL: How many beds are there in the private rooms? Would it be possible to stay three there?

I think ~$40 is still a bit much for sleeping, with the annoyingly strong US dollar, but if the private room was split three ways it would be quite awesome. We'd only need to find another guy, of course Smiley

Anyway, I'd say I'm interested, but I'm going to make my final decision on wednesday.

jeb's gonna go to IGF? :O

jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2009, 12:56:40 PM »

Shhhh! Noir

(I know for sure on wednesday...)

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2009, 01:07:55 PM »

Shhhh! Noir

(I know for sure on wednesday...)

Hand Shake Left Corny Laugh Hand Shake Right

chrisL
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2009, 07:36:39 PM »

AFAIK, it's two single beds in the private room. Unless you want to cram another dude in your bed, I don't think it'll fit 3 Wink

Yeah - the US dollar is kind of killing every other currency right now - kinda sucks. Aside from the slightly cheaper dorm room, the private room is the cheapest in SF afaik.
havchr
Level 2

gaming, coding, experimenting photo science party

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2009, 05:29:57 AM »

Hurray!

We got a scholarship to go. Me and Kris Jet is going all the way from Norway.
We'll probably stay at Adelaide hostel ..
If anyone else is staying there, pm me or something, so we can meet up there for party shenanigans.

http://www.adelaidehostel.com/

Pizza is delicious.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2009, 10:15:20 AM »

AFAIK, it's two single beds in the private room. Unless you want to cram another dude in your bed, I don't think it'll fit 3 Wink

Yeah - the US dollar is kind of killing every other currency right now - kinda sucks. Aside from the slightly cheaper dorm room, the private room is the cheapest in SF afaik.

I did some final checking. we went with the dorm. There are 4 people max per "dorm room" which is just two stacked bunk beds. I'm not sure if there's a bathroom connected to the room, but it wouldn't surprise me. Essentially, if you have 4 people I'd get the dorm room, it's about $400 cheaper. And even if you didn't have 4, it probably wouldn't be a hassle or anything.

jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2009, 11:43:03 PM »

Yeah, I think I'll go with the dorm... Maybe we can find enough people to fill them up. But even if we don't, the worst thing that can happen is that you have to share the room with three snoring, smelly hitch-hikers... but who's to say that's worse than sharing the room with three snoring, smelly tiggers, covered in mantigsauce  Gentleman

gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2009, 06:49:30 AM »

Jens, I think I might have 3 volunteers to share a dorm room with you Smiley

Petri

Petri Purho
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2009, 06:56:29 AM »

Jens, I think I might have 3 volunteers to share a dorm room with you Smiley

Petri

What's their smell-o-meter value? Corny Laugh

I think I'll simply book a bed, and we'll puzzle it together on-site Smiley

hamburger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2009, 08:44:45 AM »

staying there too. like last year and the year before.
its neat, it has free wi-fi, free bagels and its 10 minutes away on foot from the center.

if you stay at a hotel, you're EA.

I'm staying there as well this year (with Erik, Kian and Martin). For the money you pay it is an awesome place. It's close the convention center, has free wi-fi and is dirty cheap.

we just booked this too. you're not indie unless you have bedbugs.  Wink

Me too! YHI downtown!
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to show up till Wednesday morning.  Cry
I really look forward to meeting you guys. I'll have to put up a photo or something, so you can pick me out of a crowd.
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2009, 09:58:07 AM »

Ok! Flight - booked!  Downtown dorm - booked! It's saturday-saturday for my part Smiley

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2009, 10:20:19 AM »

Tired

Shocked

Tears of Joy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to: