Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 03:36:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHumqn Fishbowl
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Humqn Fishbowl  (Read 22026 times)
wirelessbrain55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »

whats the new page?
wirelessbrain55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2016, 06:06:47 PM »

Are you still working on it?
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2016, 11:11:22 PM »

Hey sorry wirelessbrain55, I am still working on this. Just working on some big stuff at the moment and not sure how much to reveal. Thanks for asking though, definite motivator knowing you're interested in this.

Also been having issues with the file I'm working on getting pretty big and taking ages to work with and save on my old laptop. Have been splitting animations I'm working on into separate files to help with the speed but when I need to put it back in the game it's been wasting a lot of my time. Have ordered a new laptop and I should be getting it tomorrow so that should really help my progress.

Have also been spending time lately mapping out my ideas and timelines of how I want things to play out. Have some new things I'm really happy about and excited to play with.

When I get the new laptop I'll try and post more often.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2016, 01:54:31 AM »

Been working hard on some stuff and participated in the latest Ludum Dare which is always fun. Now I'm having a little break from any work on the computer because I had eye surgery and recovery is going a bit slow, so staring at computer for hours isn't really appealing at the moment. Till I get back to this, here's a weird fishbowl.

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2016, 04:35:11 AM »

Is that a fishbowl for Humqn's?

Hope the eye recovery speeds up for you. That sounds unpleasant!

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »

Thanks Jon. Eye definitely better today, a week on. Would put up a photo but don't want to scare people off.

That fishbowl is for Humqn's but a work in progress at the moment. Haven't quite got the liquid the way I want.

Tough at the moment to get work done because I'm meant to have plenty of sleep for the first month of the recovery and I've always worked on this after my full-time day job. It's always been get home from work and the gym. Eat and then work on this until 2-3am followed by some sleep and then up at 7:30am to head to work and rinse and repeat for the rest of the week.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2016, 07:56:29 AM »

Long time no post, so here's a long gif which shows some new stuff I've been working on such as the book and inventory.

Will explain it further in later post but for now, it's sleep time.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2016, 06:19:46 AM »

Tweaked one of the left leg animations to smooth out the transition.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2016, 03:18:03 AM »

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2016, 05:27:13 AM »

Puzzle aspect to the game is coming along well, have a few different interactions working well together.

Trying to plan it out more these days so I know what I'm working on next all the time and what the connections are going to be. Having things written down on post it notes is helping with this and making me also feel like I'm completing work and progressing with it.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2017, 06:18:54 AM »

A glimpse into the frames that go into one of the sequences.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2017, 06:20:39 AM »

And you hand draw every one? Truly incredible!

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2017, 02:59:57 AM »

What software is that?

Yeah.
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2017, 07:24:18 PM »

And you hand draw every one? Truly incredible!

Thanks jctwood.

Yep I hand draw every frame. Currently working on a big 900 frame one. So bit of a mission for some of these.

What software is that?

It's Adobe Animate CC so the new version of Flash which I've been using for years.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2017, 08:27:55 PM »

Here's a timelapse of one of the coin hand animations I've been cleaning up so that each frame has it's own motion idle.

TomKitchen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2017, 09:02:53 PM »

Truly memorising and completely intriguing!! Incredible body work so far!!! My Word!

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2017, 10:53:40 PM »

Truly memorising and completely intriguing!! Incredible body work so far!!! My Word!

Thanks so much Tom. Always nice to hear and really liking the design and lighting in your game.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2017, 08:31:01 PM »

Started working on the Humqn Fishbowl coming soon website. Have no real experience with HTML but luckily AnimateCC converts it all to HTML5 which makes it a lot easier for me to do what I want. Trying to keep it all clean and minimalist design so quite happy with it so far. Also learning some new skills which is always a good thing.

Works in the browser and scales accordingly so a nice start.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2017, 11:15:17 PM »

Website is now up and working well on my laptop but runs horribly slow on mobile browsers. This is where my lack of experience with website design fails. Need to look into and try to figure out how I can get it to work well on mobiles.

Any tips for getting it to run smoothly on mobile would be appreciated Smiley

Also still need to tweak the font sizes but it's getting there and I'm pretty happy with the look so far.

www.humqnfishbowl.com

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2017, 05:24:31 AM »

Well, unless I'm missing something there doesn't seem to be any reason for this to use a canvas and some generated JS animation instead of just being an animated background image. o: It's a mostly black and white image, so GIF format shouldn't ruin it and would actually be very small since there's so much repetition (white) to compress (and otherwise I guess some lightweight video format works too). The text could even be actual text thanks to "modern" web font support. Not that I understand why a simple canvas program should lag this much tho, but I guess generated files come with extra overhead...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic