Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411998 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 02, 2024, 09:31:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFREEDOM: Diegesis - Second Playable Preview (updated March 2)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FREEDOM: Diegesis - Second Playable Preview (updated March 2)  (Read 1058 times)
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2015, 09:39:08 AM »

FREEDOM: Diegesis is a short WIP sidescroller with puzzles, horror, and a focus on implied storytelling. The main inspirations for the game have been Cactus' Psychosomnium and, later on, Space Funeral. Also SMB2 (the American one) and the expanded version of the original Donkey Kong for GameBoy.

This second playable preview is now available (see below for readme info). It consists of the title screen (sans full menu), introductory cut-scene, the first two worlds of the game, and one boss fight. Since the first preview demo the second world was added, as well as many little changes based on the feedback from last time (thanks especially to user ThemsAllTook for his great

).

Download:

https://copy.com/v8sAoVRjaHs11SJW?download=1

Story Set-Up:

This world was once a simple place, where heroes jumped on minions and rescued damsels. But something has gone deeply wrong, shifting everything: There are no heroes anymore, and the minions are more interested in religious explorations than in being jumped on.

The protagonist, a disgraced prisoner, finds himself in over his head amidst these changes. He's tasked with infiltrating the Eastern Lands and rescuing his kingdom's princess in exchange for freedom. But he's no warrior, and the infection is spreading...

Controls:

- Directional arrows to move, climb on ladders, or push some objects. Try a running start to push slightly faster.

- X to jump, or let go of a ladder.

- C to pick up, throw, or interact with some objects.

- R to reset a level.

- W to switch between screen modes (default or twice the size).

- M to mute all audio (not recommended).

- ESC to skip cut-scenes.

The game auto-saves your progress after each level, although saves may not be compatible with the next release. Also if you've already beaten the first world from the old demo and you want to skip to the new content press '2' during the intro cut-scene.

Warnings:

This demo contains flashing lights in two parts, and may not be suitable for people suffering from photo-sensitive seizures or migraines.

This demo contains NSFW content.

Still Unfinished

- The rest of the planned levels.

- A proper menu.

- Relative volumes of the sound effects and music (needs feedback).

- Probably many bug-fixes.

- Other polishing, especially making sure its not too hard for players to figure out what to do next. Or too "hand-holding". I would also like feedback on this aspect, please.

More Screenshots:

Thanks for playing! The devlog is here.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:34:07 PM by Quicksand-T » Logged

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 11:50:22 PM »

Awesome! I did another video for world 2:

Loved pretty much everything about it. I ran into a few bugs, and unfortunately don't have time to do a detailed writeup... Hopefully they come through well enough in the video. Keep up the great work!

Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 02:54:41 PM »

Awesome! I did another video for world 2:

Loved pretty much everything about it. I ran into a few bugs, and unfortunately don't have time to do a detailed writeup... Hopefully they come through well enough in the video. Keep up the great work!

I was hoping you'd do another one of these. Its so awesome to finally get to see a stranger figuring out puzzles I first came up with so long ago. Thanks!

Most of the issues you encountered should be fixed now in the updated download. I can't believe I let the game out with that detached wings glitch in particular. I also made some other improvements to the puzzles based on watching you work them out.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 03:03:10 PM by Quicksand-T » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic