Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:49:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesRIP Konami?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: RIP Konami?  (Read 46248 times)
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2015, 09:41:08 PM »

one of my first games was a konami game, Casslevania for the super nintendo,i remember playing it on my crt tv eatin dunkaroos and drinking sunny d at my grandparents house, in between watching nicktoons of course (in the 90's). Konami will always have a special place in my heart, like a brother or an uncle. Konami games are all works of art, another favorite from the time (around the 90s) would be zombies ate my neighbors. Zombies ate my neighbors is a classic example of what it means to be a konamihead. You would think today, that a game like that would be a first person shooter about killing zombies? No, actually its a top down shooter about killing zombies. With pixel art and a bumpin retro soundtrack that gets stuck in my head even to this day, over 30 years later. With Hideki gone, im really worried about KoNami. Honestly i think metal gears will be ok but they are taking down the PT game (horror game?) too? thats bullspit. Hopefull the next metal gear game will be good because i pre ordered it(lol)

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2015, 11:53:29 PM »

still pretty mad about silent hills tbh

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2015, 12:16:40 AM »

Joe was right, Konami is not a gaming company, it gets more profits from gambling and brothels. I wonder if Tak Fujii likes those opium money more than videogames.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2015, 12:22:42 AM »

Name 2 that are not Nintendo or grindy panty jrpg garbage.

m8 if you're grinding in panty jrpgs you need to consider upping your skill level
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2015, 03:19:29 AM »

everyone can enjoy a good panty rpg every now and again
Sgt. Pepper
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2015, 04:12:17 AM »

Well, even if Konami isn't really dead, it'll soon be dead to it's community  Tired
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2015, 07:18:36 PM »

m8 if you're grinding in panty jrpgs you need to consider upping your skill level

i thought panty grinding was the whole point

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2015, 02:42:19 AM »

Article on a state of a industry in Japan
http://www.wired.com/2015/04/era-japans-powerful-videogame-designers/

It would be nice to find something about indies\small teams. I refuse to believe that all indie is Touhou doujinshi, i just wont accept it.
Ground Zeroes and Bloodborne.
Yeah, first one is from Rip Konami. Second one can go full-sellout mode anytime soon. Wait until they fire Miyazaki and announce Dark Souls 3, Dark Souls R for vita and Dark Souls: Explorers of Dragon Dungeon Charge for phones. Dark Souls manga from Fairy Tale guy also.

It seems that PC is the place where all the cool games go. Imperial SaGa and After Years coming to PC alongside D4 and Bladestorm and Falcom sometimes releases 10-year Ys game.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2015, 04:46:37 AM »

well selling out was okay until dlc happen I don't understand, all major franchise had "sell out spinoff", and we didn't care as long as the mainline title were left "pure". Mario? sell out! zelda? sell out? as long as the sell out finance the mainline there is no problem. However if its spilled on it  Angry MY ENTITLE CONSUMERISM WILL SMASH

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2015, 10:13:10 AM »

Imperial SaGa

squeenix keeping kawazu around is one of the great mysteries (and miracles) of humankind
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2015, 01:34:54 PM »

Too bad "japanese gaming" nowadays is 90% pervy anime vita rpgs. Although I can see Kojima working on a new Senran Kagura or Hypedimension Neptunia, he likes some sweet creepy exploitation.

Eh, not sure. I know Inafune got into Neptunia because of a "joke" at Compile Heart (apparently they expected him to refuse the idea but a game developer being shoehorned into a game was amusing enough for him to try). There's also the fact he had joined before Comcept even had a name (early screens had him listed in the copyrights, not Comcept), so it was possible it was just for funding. (it did result in a massive change in the gameplay of the series though, since he still would keep giving them ideas, but that's another story)

I imagine that if Kojima does something similar with games like those it may be because of something like that. I'd imagine he'd lean towards more serious games (not necessarily less creepy, though, unless he gets nostalgic and recreates

=P).
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2015, 01:02:21 AM »

i thought panty grinding was the whole point

That's only if you're trying to minmax into a variety of panty builds. Main game you can get by without panty grinding if you have good panty party management
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2015, 01:23:16 AM »

im not sure i would describe kojima games as "serious" haha
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2015, 04:48:25 AM »

im not sure i would describe kojima games as "serious" haha
funny on the shell (also for gameplay reasons), but serious at the core

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2015, 05:01:32 AM »

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/597687270284468224
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2015, 05:03:21 AM »

quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2015, 05:13:34 AM »

you can't stop that mans love for boobs.

really tho, that figure booby thing is kinda weird
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2015, 06:48:43 AM »

Roip in pace
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/597772116545642496
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2015, 07:29:25 AM »

Well, this has to be the most blatant censorship I've seen in a while. Anyone have a mirror of Bunnyhop's video?

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2015, 08:32:09 AM »

oops i had it in my mental list of things to watch later, now i cant

that wat u get 4 bein slow i gues
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31