Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 03:29:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJump On Mushrooms: The Game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Jump On Mushrooms: The Game  (Read 85325 times)
PureQuestion
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 07:41:31 AM »

doesn't work. and it makes my antivirus freak out.

Is your antivirus AVG? That's getting false positives on all MMF games now (like this one) apparently, and is probably also the reason why it isn't working.

This game is so frustrating! I escape death over and over again...  Addicted

I shut off AVG and it still doesn't work. I don't get overloaded with messages saying it's a trojan, but that's not a big comfort.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 08:18:29 AM »

Nice game, but... how the hell are you supposed to do the grass level?  You only get four coins?  It's impossible! Mock Anger

Hmm, Tim reported a bug where the number of coins you must uncollect becomes lower. I guess this has happened to you, since it should be 11 coins in the beginning. I'll fix that.

EDIT: Fix'd
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:25:48 AM by Hempuli » Logged

salade
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 08:25:59 AM »

...and your download does not work.

got it to work.

maybye the first time i tried while he was uploading...  Wink

SPOILERS:

things you can do that would normally be impossible:
you can fall from any height as long as you land on a goomba
you can run past coins you have already "uncollected", meaning that you did not collect them the first time, an impossibillity.
thats about it.
great concept
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:41:41 AM by salade » Logged
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 08:32:10 AM »

Hmm, Tim reported a bug where the number of coins you must uncollect becomes lower. I guess this has happened to you, since it should be 11 coins in the beginning. I'll fix that.

EDIT: Fix'd

Oh... okay then, I'll give it another shot

tweet tweet @j_younger
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 08:39:20 AM »

...and your download does not work. Shrug

You tried to download it when I was uploading! Grin

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 08:56:54 AM »

Ah, that was much easier Smiley  Finally made it to the "end."

tweet tweet @j_younger
PureQuestion
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 09:20:31 AM »

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1870/erroroo3.png

yeah...

Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 09:35:59 AM »

This is exceedingly clever, though I am struggling with it.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the "not falling from too high" thing. It doesn't make sense to me because you can jump infinitely high - shouldn't you be able to fall from infinitely high?

I will definitely have to play it more.

professor dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 09:50:40 AM »

this game is awsoms  Hand Shake Left Kiss Hand Shake Right i love the graphics! music was kinda irritating but w/e.  nothing beats this awsom concept  Well, hello there!

super coolio job  Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the "not falling from too high" thing. It doesn't make sense to me because you can jump infinitely high - shouldn't you be able to fall from infinitely high?

why was this originally small?  this is not a secret.

sense the jumping makes.  for instance, have you beaten the "first" level? have you jumped over the first pillar?  normally, you couldn't just jump over it.  you'd have to jump on the shroom to exceed the jump.  however, you are playing in reverse, so you start on the other side, the shroomless side.  make sense now? nvm
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 09:53:14 AM »

That is not game related bug but instead AVG related bug. Fix your AVG :D

this game is awsoms  Hand Shake Left Kiss Hand Shake Right i love the graphics! music was kinda irritating but w/e.  nothing beats this awsom concept  Well, hello there!

super coolio job  Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

sense the jumping makes.  for instance, have you beaten the "first" level? have you jumped over the first pillar?  normally, you couldn't just jump over it.  you'd have to jump on the shroom to exceed the jump.  however, you are playing in reverse, so you start on the other side, the shroomless side.  make sense now? nvm

Thankyou for the kind words. And exactly, you can't fall from too high because that would mean you'd jump too high when looked backwards.

Anifanatic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 10:33:01 AM »

This may just be on world 1 world 2 it WAS world 1 I was just reading it backwards  Embarrassed, but I can land next to goomba-like enemies while touching them, and walk through them (left/right) without any problem. Is this intended?

Edit: Confirmed it happens on all levels. It might be intended though, because I could understand they're not "there" unless I jump on them and kill them where they stand, but watching the replay would be awkward because I'd be walking through all of them they don't exist.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 10:48:14 AM by Anifanatic » Logged
PureQuestion
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 11:07:40 AM »

I shut the damn thing off and re downloaded and it still doesn't work.

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 11:08:44 AM »

this game was really cool, I'd like to play more like it. I can see how a similar concept might be even harder in other genres

rbelmont000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 11:09:49 AM »

Wow, this is amazing. I could totally see playing this as a full game. My only problem is that I think it'd be awesome if you could watch yourself go through the levels after you complete the game. That'd be neat.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 11:23:06 AM »

I shut the damn thing off and re downloaded and it still doesn't work.

Hey please, instead of ranting about that here, you could read what has already been said about this thing.

For what I know, the newest update of AVG should fix this. And if not, I suggest you to do the same as I did and set the folder where you have MMF 2 games to 'exceptions' in the AVG settings.

Captain_404
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2009, 11:31:55 AM »

Neat concept and nicely executed!

It seems though, that during some of the longer replays the action be replayed with go out of sync with how it really happened. This is passable for the most part because you reset everything from its natural position rather than its position in the replay. However, this does not appear to be true with fireballs. Several times I've had fireballs that I've had to deal with early on in a level that later disappeared completely or got slightly out of sync as to make a level impossible.

Other than that, though, everything seemed to work great.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2009, 12:04:26 PM »

Neat concept and nicely executed!

It seems though, that during some of the longer replays the action be replayed with go out of sync with how it really happened. This is passable for the most part because you reset everything from its natural position rather than its position in the replay. However, this does not appear to be true with fireballs. Several times I've had fireballs that I've had to deal with early on in a level that later disappeared completely or got slightly out of sync as to make a level impossible.

Other than that, though, everything seemed to work great.

Yes, this is the known bug,. Good noticing with the fireballs, I'll fix them too. There's something weird that makes the thing not work, and I can't find out why the bug occurs. :<

Thanks for the comment Smiley

Morusque
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2009, 12:30:18 PM »

I like this game.  Smiley
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »

Very nice. Although a bit hard, I don't know how to pass the enemy numer 5 on the second level (the one that you can't jump or fall upon).
I think you should make an automatic replay when you win a level (at the moment the replay is only when you die)

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 01:13:34 PM »

Awesomely clever and very fun.

One gripe though: I originally had no idea why I was dieing after I jumped.  I'd jump to grab a coin then fall to my death and think the floor where I landed was some hidden obstacle or something.  It was very confusing and frustrating.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic