Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:43:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSoul Appeaser [2D ARPG inspired by Souls, Berserk, AoT]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Soul Appeaser [2D ARPG inspired by Souls, Berserk, AoT]  (Read 55602 times)
Rachma334
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2016, 10:40:21 PM »

Hello mzn528, I'm really curious how this project will advance, take all your time tho Wink good games aren't created in one day haha!

I took the time to read the first and the last page of this thread (I all-nighted, kinda getting tired), and I can say good work so far.

I was wondering, do you have a compositor/musician with you or are you working all by yourself (programming/design)? I'm a bit shy to ask, coz I don't want to lack of respect of your work as you wanted only sincere feedback, and I'm not giving you some, just asking if I can join you for the music part of the game? If so, that's what I'll hope, that we get good along. (I'm a SMT/ATLUS fanboy, and love anime/series with dark ambience (Danganronpa, AoT <-- actually watching, Persona...))

Here is my portofolio: https://soundcloud.com/rachma334 hope you'll listen trough them (tomorrow I will try to fix and re-install my EastWest Quantium Leap Orchestra and Guitars/Drums, no cracks lol, for better VSTs/sounds).

If you're interested, tell me here or pm me.

Thanks for reading and listening!

Regards,
Rachma334
mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2016, 03:56:07 PM »

Hello mzn528, I'm really curious how this project will advance, take all your time tho Wink good games aren't created in one day haha!

I took the time to read the first and the last page of this thread (I all-nighted, kinda getting tired), and I can say good work so far.

I was wondering, do you have a compositor/musician with you or are you working all by yourself (programming/design)? I'm a bit shy to ask, coz I don't want to lack of respect of your work as you wanted only sincere feedback, and I'm not giving you some, just asking if I can join you for the music part of the game? If so, that's what I'll hope, that we get good along. (I'm a SMT/ATLUS fanboy, and love anime/series with dark ambience (Danganronpa, AoT <-- actually watching, Persona...))

Here is my portofolio: https://soundcloud.com/rachma334 hope you'll listen trough them (tomorrow I will try to fix and re-install my EastWest Quantium Leap Orchestra and Guitars/Drums, no cracks lol, for better VSTs/sounds).

If you're interested, tell me here or pm me.

Thanks for reading and listening!

Regards,
Rachma334

Hello Rachma334, first of all, thank you so much for the interest!

I am doing everything by myself, and as of now I am still nailing down the core mechanics so I am still pretty far away from the sound development stage.

As for the sound, I am considering either do it myself (lack of money and I don't want to turn this personal project/hobby into a dedicated project) or contracting someone. When the time comes, I will give your works a listen and reach out to you. But again, I still have a long way to go until I reach that stage..

Again, thanks for the interest and I will keep you updated!

mzn528

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
Rachma334
« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2016, 09:48:44 PM »

Hello Rachma334, first of all, thank you so much for the interest!

I am doing everything by myself, and as of now I am still nailing down the core mechanics so I am still pretty far away from the sound development stage.

As for the sound, I am considering either do it myself (lack of money and I don't want to turn this personal project/hobby into a dedicated project) or contracting someone. When the time comes, I will give your works a listen and reach out to you. But again, I still have a long way to go until I reach that stage..

Again, thanks for the interest and I will keep you updated!

mzn528
Hello, thanks for willing to keep me updated! I know you're far from this point, but I though my music could inspire you. If you're willing to put your work/hobby on steam greenlight, I can wait the good time to start working with you.

Thanks again Wink

Regards
Rachma334
mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2016, 10:22:25 PM »

12/02 Update: Backstep

I figured, since I am looking for a responsive melee combat, I probably need a quick evasive maneuver even quicker than dash.

So here's a backstep, how you will move if you press dash with no direction for a quick dodge.

DevLog
mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »

It is ScreenshotSaturday, my fav time of the week!

So I thought I'd do a quick screenshot to capture the gist of melee game play so far, still nailing down the core mechanics.

THanks!

DevLog
mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2016, 03:06:18 PM »

12/04 Update: Back step Attack

Adding a swift attack if you press attack right after back step.

DevLog
C.J.Geringer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2016, 05:33:23 AM »

Looking really good, you got a new follower.
Liked how the knight keeps the hsield in a defensive position whenidle or doing the horizontal swing, would like to see more of that in the other attacks.

it is very commom in games to see the shield characters completely ignore shield positioning when attacking or merely when not defemnding.

I really like the palete, reminds me of Knights of the round which si a game whose steticĀ“s I really like.

sbeast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2016, 10:33:50 AM »

I'm liking the art style and animations so far. Will be tracking this one for sure!

Sbeast - Composer / Cover Artist / Guitarist
http://luxbellator.com/portfolio
mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2016, 01:54:30 PM »

Looking really good, you got a new follower.
Liked how the knight keeps the hsield in a defensive position whenidle or doing the horizontal swing, would like to see more of that in the other attacks.

it is very commom in games to see the shield characters completely ignore shield positioning when attacking or merely when not defemnding.

I really like the palete, reminds me of Knights of the round which si a game whose steticĀ“s I really like.

Thanks for the interest and good words! I am glad someone actually noticed it haha

I'm liking the art style and animations so far. Will be tracking this one for sure!

Thanks for the good words!

DevLog
mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2016, 06:13:03 PM »

12/31 Update: Parry Attack for Knight with Spear

Adding animation for the alternative fighting style for knight

DevLog
mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 01, 2017, 05:30:45 PM »

1/1 Update: Adding variety to combat

It gets repetitive when you see the enemy has the exact same reaction everytime it got hit.

Now adding a few different animation, anytime enemy is hit, the system chooses an animation to play randomly.

Thanks and happy new year!

DevLog
Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2017, 11:23:15 AM »

Definitely an improvement - nice attention to detail!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2017, 11:45:35 AM »

Definitely an improvement - nice attention to detail!

Thanks Pixel Noise!

DevLog
mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2017, 08:33:49 PM »

1/3 Update: Blood stain

Blood, blood, bloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

I am fan of bloodborne in case you can't tell.

DevLog
mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 07, 2017, 12:59:33 PM »

1/7 Update: Screenshot Saturday?

Hello All, hope this message finds you well! Recently I finally compiled a basic game mechanics demo for my friends to test, so I want to share the mechanics for the game so far.. take a look and let em know what you think!

DevLog
Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2017, 06:58:57 AM »

Hey, first of all i came here just because of how awesome everything looks. I saw the footer gif somewhere and it made me want to check out this game right away. The art and animations are spot on. Also game play wise it looks like a game i will definitely pick up and play.

Now i do try to give some feedback because i know how much i appreciate it!
After looking after all the gifs for way to long because of how awesome they look, i sometimes saw inconsistencies with the z-sorting of the sprites. An example can be seen here:

I marked the visual sorting depth with yellow lines and in the case above i would expect the hero to be rendered on top. i can imagine that during animations where there is movement it can be hard to offset the zsorting but i think it could benefit the product.
This is totally nitpicking! i know..  but i do this because the rest is to darn good and nothing is to say about that.

mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2017, 03:30:08 PM »

Hey, first of all i came here just because of how awesome everything looks. I saw the footer gif somewhere and it made me want to check out this game right away. The art and animations are spot on. Also game play wise it looks like a game i will definitely pick up and play.

Now i do try to give some feedback because i know how much i appreciate it!
After looking after all the gifs for way to long because of how awesome they look, i sometimes saw inconsistencies with the z-sorting of the sprites. An example can be seen here:

I marked the visual sorting depth with yellow lines and in the case above i would expect the hero to be rendered on top. i can imagine that during animations where there is movement it can be hard to offset the zsorting but i think it could benefit the product.
This is totally nitpicking! i know..  but i do this because the rest is to darn good and nothing is to say about that.

Thanks for the good words!! And haha holy crap I didn't even realize this, you have a fine set of eyes my friend!

This is probably due to how player/enemy's object is being defined (since the true y that is related to depth), I'll put it into my to do list haha.

Again, thanks for the good words !

DevLog
Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2017, 02:06:24 AM »

Thanks for the good words!! And haha holy crap I didn't even realize this, you have a fine set of eyes my friend!

Like an eagle  Cool

Nah but i just happen to notice it, maybe the gif lagged at that moment and in the image was still so it became more apparent.

Anyways i will be sticking around to follow your journey!

mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2017, 05:33:26 PM »

Like an eagle  Cool

Nah but i just happen to notice it, maybe the gif lagged at that moment and in the image was still so it became more apparent.

Anyways i will be sticking around to follow your journey!

Thanks yo!

DevLog
mzn528
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2017, 05:36:14 PM »

1/17 Update: Range enemy

Fixed the range enemy object, now all enemy use the same object but different AI.

Also some animation changes, enjoy!

DevLog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic