Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 04:34:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralmiyamoto-SAN
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: miyamoto-SAN  (Read 5205 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:21:21 AM »

This was linked to from auntie pixelante's blog:

http://fakemiyamotosan.blogspot.com/

Example post:

HI KIDS!

NOW FOR A VERY SERIOUS SUBJECT!

THERE ARE MANY TYPES OF GAMES. BOARD GAMES, SPORTS GAMES, CARD GAMES, AND NINTENDO GAMES (ALSO CALLED VIDEO GAMES). AND MANY MORE TYPES OF GAMES, SO MANY, I CAN'T COUNT THEM. BUT WHAT DO ALL THESE GAMES HAVE IN COMMON?

I WILL TELL YOU NOW!

GAMES ARE THINGS THAT YOU PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

BUT YOU MIGHT BE THINKING: WAIT, miyamoto-SAN, WAIT! IF I PLAY A "SINGLE-PLAYER" GAME, HOW CAN THAT BE SOMETHING THAT I PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS?

I WILL TELL YOU NOW!

WHEN YOU PLAY A "SINGLE-PLAYER" NINTENDO GAME, YOU ARE PLAYING THAT GAME WITH A FRIEND: ME!

BYE KIDS!

YOUR FRIEND,
miyamoto-SAN

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 11:40:14 AM »

It gets tiresome and boring to read. What was the point again?

TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:42:30 AM »

To tire and bore you, of course.
Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »

I was honestly expecting this to be Trollamoto from the whole Chris-chan debacle.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 11:44:14 AM »

I think it's humor value -- it's funny to imagine Miyamoto as this eternally childlike person. Somewhat in contrast to how he actually is, as auntiepixelante pointed out.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »

I was honestly expecting this to be Trollamoto from the whole Chris-chan debacle.

Who/what debacle? I am not familiar with that.

Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 12:00:30 PM »

It's really weird. Chris-chan's an autistic guy who has a Sonic / Pikachu character combination (Sonichu) and earnestly thinks it has commercial potential. There's a troll pretending to be an interested Miyamoto keeping contact with the guy, referred to everyone but Chris as "Trollamoto"; leading him on like he's arranging it to be made as a game. Pretty sad, really.

I could go on, but there's just too much lore surrounding the entire thing to easily summarize beyond the second sentence of that first paragraph.

As for the Miyamoto impersonator featured in this topic, he confuses me. I'm not really sure what he's trying to get across in the limited amount of time I endured the capslock. Though I haven't, if ever, seen many people refer to Metroid as one of Miyamoto's creations (but I guess I don't frequent many game message boards).

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 12:01:58 PM »

I think it's humor value -- it's funny to imagine Miyamoto as this eternally childlike person. Somewhat in contrast to how he actually is, as auntiepixelante pointed out.

I know, and the first one got the point, but every single post is the same joke.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 12:02:06 PM »

I want a link to this chris-chan! It sounds funny.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 12:02:44 PM »

I know, and the first one got the point, but every single post is the same joke.

Yes, agreed. But isn't that true of most "fake" blogs? fakesteve, fakekarl, etc.?

The-Imp
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 12:06:22 PM »

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/CChan6789
Deviantart
http://sonichusite.deviantart.com/
FaceBook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Christian-Weston-Chandler/579729310

and finally, the new and improved SONICHU WEBSITE!
http://sonichuandrosechu.com/

For our dear friend PAUL, Courtesy of those from Encyclopedia Dramatica.

reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 12:06:49 PM »

fakecarl
And FakeLenny?

Durr...?

To be on topic, I didn't find this especially funny or clever.

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 12:08:58 PM »

No, karl with a k: http://fakekarl.blogspot.com/

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 12:09:44 PM »

Anyway, for those who don't know, the idea of creating a fake blog for a celebrity was popularized by this one, which remains one of the best examples of the genre: http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 02:05:06 PM »

I want a link to this chris-chan! It sounds funny.

In addition to those already mentioned, Encyclopedia Dramatica summarizes the whole deal quite well.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/CWC

Also, don't forget to check the sonichu comics audiobooks at youtube.

Yes, agreed. But isn't that true of most "fake" blogs? fakesteve, fakekarl, etc.?

Never heard of those before. I really couldn't care less.

reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 03:14:09 PM »

I was joking.  Shrug

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
Zaphos
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 05:44:20 PM »

Wow, auntie pixelante is really harsh on Miyamoto for basically no reason.  Is she AFRAID OF MAKING NEW FRIENDS!?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 06:10:53 PM »

:D

I actually don't think she's being extremely harsh, I think she has a more realistic picture of him than his fans do. I don't think he's a terrible person, he's very good at what he does, but he basically uses the same characters and formula over and over, makes the same games over and over with slight variations, and earns billions for Nintendo by making vapid games -- which is almost the exact opposite of indie developers (by and large) are striving for. I see both sides of it though: yes, some of his games are fun and provide very pleasurable (but usually artistically empty and meaningless) entertainment value. He's certainly not evil, there are far worse things than distracting someone from their hum-drum life by allowing them to run around and hit blocks and jump on monsters, but at the same time he doesn't really deserve all the accolades people give him -- he's certainly not the best game designer alive (as he's often painted as), just the most successful and recognizable.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »

And I'm not saying I hate his games, I found the early Zelda games, Pikmin, and SMB3 to be great fun, like most people here. But those were games that just entertained me, not games which impacted me emotionally or intellectually, like some other games have.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »

I think having two or three great ideas in a lifetime is pretty good, actually.  On principle, what's wrong with honing a single idea, or staying in a single world (let alone a few)?

Not that I wouldn't want to see original ideas from Miyamoto, too.  Or Blizzard.  Or Tolkien.  Or (Mike) Mignola.  But why expect them to do what we have other people (or ourselves) for?

CASUAL GAMES WILL LEAD TO MORE PEOPLE PLAYING VIDEOGAMES, LEADING TO EVEN MORE PEOPLE PLAYING VIDEOGAMES, AND EVEN MORE, UNTIL THERE IS NO MORE SUCH THING AS A PERSON WHO NEEDS A CASUAL GAMES. SO CASUAL GAMES WILL EVENTUALLY DESTROY THEMSELVES, LEAVING NO NEED TO INTRODUCE PEOPLE TO VIDEOGAMES ANYMORE.

This actually seems somewhat prescient to me...
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic