Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:09:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsCockpit Competition
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Cockpit Competition  (Read 85811 times)
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2009, 04:33:23 PM »

Sorry to ask, but the theme is just vagely "cockpit"? Or it should be that you're inside a cockpit (a HUD, as the examples).

Because I have an idea, but I don't want the player to ALWAYS be inside a cockpit.

Thanks a bunch
-Martín

Working on HeliBrawl
valkrin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »

I have an idea.

You are a scientist at NASA, remotely controlling the the Mars rover Opportunity. Your mission, find the Mars pathfinder Sojourner and determine why communication was lost. Once Sojourner is discovered you must repair it so data can be recovered.

I imagine this playing out like a point and click adventure. I first thought of having a console interface in which the scientist issues commands to the rover, but I don't know if typing commands would be as fun as just pointing and clicking. The game will involve exploring the mars landscape and solving puzzles to recover Sojourner. There might even be random events like meteor showers and possible attacks from aliens to spice things up. Tongue

The cockpit would be computer the scientist is using to control the rover. The computer would display the HUD for the rover.

I don't know if I can complete this game since I've never really completed a game before, I just start a bunch and never finish them.. And I don't exactly have the art chops to make this look presentable....
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2009, 07:11:35 PM »

I have an idea.

You are a scientist at NASA, remotely controlling the the Mars rover Opportunity. Your mission, find the Mars pathfinder Sojourner and determine why communication was lost. Once Sojourner is discovered you must repair it so data can be recovered.

I imagine this playing out like a point and click adventure. I first thought of having a console interface in which the scientist issues commands to the rover, but I don't know if typing commands would be as fun as just pointing and clicking. The game will involve exploring the mars landscape and solving puzzles to recover Sojourner. There might even be random events like meteor showers and possible attacks from aliens to spice things up. Tongue

The cockpit would be computer the scientist is using to control the rover. The computer would display the HUD for the rover.

I don't know if I can complete this game since I've never really completed a game before, I just start a bunch and never finish them.. And I don't exactly have the art chops to make this look presentable....
There was a game almost like that for B-games, made more interesting by the fact that it took transmission delays into account WTF

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pixelfish
Level 0

A fish load of pixels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »

I've been wanting to join a competition for quite some time. I hope this is the one that I can sink my teeth into.  Smiley

valkrin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2009, 08:54:53 PM »

I have an idea.

There was a game almost like that for B-games, made more interesting by the fact that it took transmission delays into account WTF

Woah, I had no idea. Does that mean I shouldn't try that idea out? Maybe I'll try thinking of something else. Concerned
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2009, 10:47:47 PM »

Well, this is cool enough. I've been wanting to make some kind of racing game with old style, pre-polygons 3D for a while, so this could be my chance. Making something tridimensional will absolutely be a challenge, but in a good way.

ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2009, 10:52:40 PM »

Woah, I had no idea. Does that mean I shouldn't try that idea out? Maybe I'll try thinking of something else. Concerned

No, you can go ahead with your idea. Different people implement the same ideas in different ways; it's not uncommon for several games to be fundamentally similar but drastically different. In fact, TIG's compos usually exemplify this greatly. Gentleman

Currently brainstorming for a project
Pyronimous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2009, 07:21:34 AM »

Hi everybody! I've just registred here

I have two pretty good (IMO) ideas for this compo, but it need further thinking.
First, player controls a jumping war vehicle which made from some very elastic material. So, this vehicle by itself is a primary weapon.
Second, a vehicle that moves through a cave or forrest or surrealistic loaction using telescopic arms almost like spider.
I hope I can implement one of this
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2009, 01:26:20 PM »

cockpit compo? where's the tigersauce in it? oh wait, it's surely a cock pit.. a hole full of cocks, now i see interesting gameplay mechanics rising...

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
genericuser
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2009, 02:23:16 PM »

cockpit compo? where's the tigersauce in it? oh wait, it's surely a cock pit.. a hole full of cocks, now i see interesting gameplay mechanics rising...

Nayon is doing a game based on that, IIRC Tongue
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2009, 09:10:45 PM »

Come on guys, the "pit of cocks" joke is pretty worn off by now. It has been had before this compo was even started and has (had) like 5 compo entries dedicated to it. Give it a rest and do some real cockpit games. :D
TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2009, 11:20:26 PM »

Come on guys, the "pit of cocks" joke is pretty worn off by now. It has been had before this compo was even started and has (had) like 5 compo entries dedicated to it. Give it a rest and do some real cockpit games. Cheesy

Yeah, this comp is turning into one big dick joke, for sure...Then again, I don't really see anything wrong with that.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2009, 02:42:18 AM »

Second, a vehicle that moves through a cave or forrest or surrealistic loaction using telescopic arms almost like spider.
I really love this idea! If you've got the 3D smarts to do it, then you should go for it!

crakkie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2009, 07:28:09 AM »

So, would IF in a cockpit be acceptable? Horror IF in a cockpit?

Another idea for 3D haters: The Midget Copilot. You are the copilot (of a plane, time traveling train, spaceship, moon mining laser) and are given instructions by the pilot next to you, but all you can see is the instrument panel. You need to fulfill his commands without having a complete grasp of what's going on. Visual/audio cues as to the effects of your actions can include the pilot screaming in terror, flashes of light/dark/blood from the viewport above, and radio chatter about Pittsburg being "gone, completely gone". Shenanigans ensue.
K. Thor Jensen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2009, 07:30:59 AM »

I am looking forward to participating in this. I have actually been thinking about something that might work... do bathyspheres count as cockpits?
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2009, 10:30:48 AM »

Ooo, I'm very excited to see a new competition. I think I have the time and energy to participate in this one, so I'm busy brainstorming away. We'll see if I come up with anything good soon cause I should probably get to work asap.
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »

I'm thinking I'll walk around my city with a camera and do a Manhunter knockoff. Homage. The occured a while back (when I was playing Manhunter) and for some reason I visualised it with a cockpit.
Space_man
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2009, 08:16:24 PM »

With any luck I'll actually get a game made this time... I joined for the last compo and didn't make it past the basic game design.  I think I should have enough time to get something done for this though, and I have a decent idea for it.
Moon Goon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2009, 04:51:41 PM »

I'm pretty sure the Pit of Cocks motif really hasn't had enough blood squeezed out of it yet.  I'm mulling a game idea wherein a rooster must pilot his vehicle whist avoiding all pits.  Should be in side-scrolling perspective.

..still mulling it over though.  Last compo I switched ideas three times :p

I'm a PEEK'er. I'm a POKE'er. And I'm a midnight coder. I type my programs and hit RUN.

Check out itch.io for my Atari 2600 game ROMs! http://theloon.itch.io/
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »

Has this been posted yet?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic