Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:09:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesFallout 4 Countdown
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Fallout 4 Countdown  (Read 9579 times)
Davos
Level 0

Fresh out of uni

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:53:36 AM »

I think everyone was hoping to see fallout 4 at E3 this year, just seen what looks like an official count down clock on Bethesda's website. Looks promising!

What do you guys make of it? What do you think they're going to show? Feeling pretty excited  Smiley

The Davos
jiitype
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 10:05:01 AM »

RAGE 2 BABY
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:11:23 AM »

MAN BABY:FURY POST
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 10:16:05 AM »

only gonna get hype for this if obsidian develops it. which it probably doesn't so
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 11:08:50 AM »

skyrim with guns and less shouts

mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 07:12:18 PM »

I've been waiting for this day since forever. All aboard the hype train!!

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 11:23:07 PM »

Failed-fallout-reboot 2

Can't wait.

quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 12:08:22 AM »

only gonna get hype for this if obsidian develops it. which it probably doesn't so

samesies, fallout 3 didn't really interest me that much. It's role playing was pretty light considering the series it came from BUT

I really loved New Vegas, probably one of the best games of last gen.
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 01:19:46 AM »

I hope it's more like Fallout 3. New Vegas improved the gunplay in nearly every way. But FO3 had such better level design, story, art direction, enemies, and quests.

And I have 200+ hours in FO3 and only 64 in NV. Never beat either of them.

Conker
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 02:11:18 AM »

I really would like to enjoy the falloutseries. This game looks like a blast but I could never get into it. I just don't feel any fun vibes when playing these games. The idea sounds great but something just feels dead about the series to me.
bitserum
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 04:06:19 AM »

What's so good about FO3's story and quests? Most of them were borderline fetchquests, with very little moral ambiguity. NV had (or at least tried to have) layers of depth in their NPCs, quests and consequences.

Though I did like the feel of FO3 more and usually it had better level and environment design. The "wild west" theme of NV didn't do much for me; still I find NV far superior in story crafting.

As for the countdown... I'm hyped, who knows, maybe Bethesda learned something from Obsidian (one can hope)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 04:13:00 AM »

But FO3 had such better level design, story, art direction, enemies, and quests.

wha? story, npcs and quest design in NV mop the floor with FO3. the only problem NV had was that they had to use bethsoft's mechanics and format when they clearly wanted to make a story driven rpg like the old fallouts. so as a result all the bethesda style "open world" stuff feels a little tacked on, but a lot of it can be circumvented using fast travel so its not that bad.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 06:21:43 AM »

dog dog dog dog dog dog dog
Satori4
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 06:46:43 AM »

Am I the only one who was sitting with the face  Lips Sealed ? probably, I just was expecting too much Concerned

@satori4
bitserum
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 06:57:05 AM »

It's alright. Unless I can't play the dog...
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 07:00:47 AM »

I don't know why i get the feeling that the game looks too clean. As if it was aimed to cash in casual players too...
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 07:18:47 AM »

dog.......................

dog never changes
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 07:47:33 AM »

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE  
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 08:36:30 AM »

I don't like the colors, reminds me of TF2 and the original STALKER. Looks like they finally ditched Gamebryo though, that can only mean good things.

But FO3 had such better level design, story, art direction, enemies, and quests.

wha? story, npcs and quest design in NV mop the floor with FO3. the only problem NV had was that they had to use bethsoft's mechanics and format when they clearly wanted to make a story driven rpg like the old fallouts. so as a result all the bethesda style "open world" stuff feels a little tacked on, but a lot of it can be circumvented using fast travel so its not that bad.

FO3 created a much better sense of atmosphere imo. The world was actually a big open square whereas NV was a tiny circle where you were supposed to go to places in a very specific order. In FO3 there was always something interesting to go look at on the horizon around you and all the locations weaved in and out of each other. More fun to explore.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 08:57:35 AM »

ya but u dont play NV to explore u play for the story and choices. its a story driven rpg stuck in a bethesda shell.

also "atmosphere" is actually one of the reasons 3 is worse, it tried to play the setting too straight. NV is as campy as a game about a postapocalyptic scifi america stuck in the 50s ought to be (imo).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic